When will people figure out what Topdrawer is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDS rankings are actually pretty solid...

.....until you hit the last 25 or so. Just my two-cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I agree it is totally flawed. The problem is the colleges take great store in their recruiting class rankings. The coaches defend bad seasons with top 25 recruiting classes etc. unfortunately though greatly flawed it is used extensively.
      That's just the PR of recruiting. Doesn't matter whether your kid is ranked #1 or #100, if they can't play up to the expectations their rankings create for them, they will be sitting on the bench with the rest of the scrubs.

Comment

.....until you hit the last 25 or so. Just my two-cents.
        Why are you resurrecting a year old thread?

Comment

2016 Girls Recruiting Rankings April update
          http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/colle...pdate_aid39111

I know that you can only see the first college without a membership but just that short list of players and rankings tells you a awful lot about what the upper echelons of club soccer are really about. It's not really a league thing like the ever present ECNL versus NPL debate, it's really the top 4 or 5 super clubs like San Diego Surf, Rush, Real Colorado , Michigan Hawks and PDA. That should be the target, not all of these little border skirmishes we seem to have here.
          Seriously, this sit is one of the worst sites out there. Great design. Lots of good drop downs, but most of the information is either outdated or completely wrong..

Comment

Seriously, this sit is one of the worst sites out there. Great design. Lots of good drop downs, but most of the information is either outdated or completely wrong..
            I disagree. It's got great information on the most recent showcases, college recruiting news and other your soccer stuff. It's very current. TDS has tons of coaches scouting for them at major showcase events. They know who belongs on the rankings lists. I think it's pretty accurate.

Comment

I disagree. It's got great information on the most recent showcases, college recruiting news and other your soccer stuff. It's very current. TDS has tons of coaches scouting for them at major showcase events. They know who belongs on the rankings lists. I think it's pretty accurate.

And how do you like working for them?

Comment

Have to wonder right? Multiple threads on how off the ranking are. It's fine for some info but no way I'm paying for articles that can be found elsewhere

Comment

Are you kidding me....they rarely are at tournaments, and have very few people in their scouting network. It is a group of bloggers and wish colleges would stop using their rankings as if they mean something. Their newest ratings have really hit our 2017 college bound players as now many are rated 2 star. pretty bad when a player has achieved the highest level of play (other than US National Team), starting at USSDA and heading to a top Div 1 program to be given a two star by a group of bloggers who think they can correctly rate the whole country of players. The whole system needs an overhaul, and should be based on real criteria, not criteria these people come up with. Look at some of the NE players in the top 150 IMG and you see how many are two stars now..stupid system.

Comment

Are you kidding me....they rarely are at tournaments, and have very few people in their scouting network. It is a group of bloggers and wish colleges would stop using their rankings as if they mean something. Their newest ratings have really hit our 2017 college bound players in NE area, and it looks like across the country as now many are rated 2 star. pretty bad when a player has achieved the highest level of play (other than US National Team), starting at USSDA and heading to a top Div 1 program to be given a two star by a group of bloggers who think they can correctly rate the whole country of players. The whole system needs an overhaul, and should be based on real criteria, not criteria these people come up with. Look at some of the NE players in the top 150 IMG and you see how many are two stars now..stupid system.
                    The following below was the quote I was responding to, and is so not true, otherwise they would be better at listing what events they were at, what games they saw, etc. Too much power of the pen, and really should be criticized for business practices, as if they are the only source of ratings and that they are accurate. There is another thread regarding their more recent issues. Some kids are still rated in MA as three star and they don't even play anymore. They will pick the "best ten" from tournaments, and in reality only watched a few games, and this should be noted.

Comment

Are you kidding me....they rarely are at tournaments, and have very few people in their scouting network. It is a group of bloggers and wish colleges would stop using their rankings as if they mean something. Their newest ratings have really hit our 2017 college bound players as now many are rated 2 star. pretty bad when a player has achieved the highest level of play (other than US National Team), starting at USSDA and heading to a top Div 1 program to be given a two star by a group of bloggers who think they can correctly rate the whole country of players. The whole system needs an overhaul, and should be based on real criteria, not criteria these people come up with. Look at some of the NE players in the top 150 IMG and you see how many are two stars now..stupid system.
                      The reality is that you have no idea how many scouts they have, what tournaments they are at or how they determine their rankings.

Comment

The reality is that you have no idea how many scouts they have, what tournaments they are at or how they determine their rankings.
                        The reality is their system stinks. OP is correct that many of the rankings make no sense whatsoever - incredibly talented high achieving players have low ratings while others in weak leagues, poor performance are high. To have an effective national system would require a huge number of evaluators and have those evaluators watch players on multiple occasions (in case the player hardly played or just had a bad day, as can happen). No way you can say that is happening. Then add the fact that you can pay to get into the system? Who can take that seriously? Totally agree with the above that if college coaches would stop using the ranking system it wouldn't even exist. It's fine for tourney info etc but the rankings are a joke.

Comment

The reality is their system stinks. OP is correct that many of the rankings make no sense whatsoever - incredibly talented high achieving players have low ratings while others in weak leagues, poor performance are high. To have an effective national system would require a huge number of evaluators and have those evaluators watch players on multiple occasions (in case the player hardly played or just had a bad day, as can happen). No way you can say that is happening. Then add the fact that you can pay to get into the system? Who can take that seriously? Totally agree with the above that if college coaches would stop using the ranking system it wouldn't even exist. It's fine for tourney info etc but the rankings are a joke.
                          Their rankings of the 2004's is so sparse that it's painful.

Comment

Their rankings of the 2004's is so sparse that it's painful.
                            Here's an idea. Stop going to their site and they will not generate ad revenue from your clicks. Otherwise, there is zero you can do about it.

Comment

Let me guess-your kid isn't ranked, right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X