Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good luck to you at Azzurri. You've been reasonably forewarned by all of the people on this thread. It doesn't matter how much you've paid, a little or a lot, when it gets stolen out from under you. AR and CS have used the soccer club as their personal bank account. Despite claiming to be a non-profit, they haven't filed the necessary paperwork with the government to be a non-profit. They will tell you it's non-profit as they quietly and proficiently skim out of the club account.
    How have they/we been warned? All that is in the past. There is no proof to some of the thing that been said in here and other places. SOmetimes I wonder if it is other clubs just trying to scare people from azzuri storm. Maybe they are scared. Maybe not. Some of these messages are like riddle. They talk of bad things but don't really make sense. Why should people be scare of azzurri storm? I hear good things about some new people from optimist - they are good people from what i told. Maybe I am being told wrong things. So, should I be scared of joining them?

Comment

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with negativity and everything to do with our actual experience. Our family was equally as excited when we moved to Storm run by these two "ladies" that are now running Azzurri. We had the highest of hopes and thought we had found our long-term soccer home.

Unfortunately, Antonetta Rodi (vice president of Azzuri and previous vice president of Storm) and Christina Shipman (president of Azzuri and previous president of storm) are thieves. It's not opinion, it's not negativity, it's pure fact. They used the club credit card to charge car washes, expensive and multiple dinners at Carrabba's, meals at McDonald's and Burger King, large purchases of paint at Sherwin Williams, and more. They emptied out a team account filled with their hard earned fundraising money. For their one night stay at the FYSA soccer convention in Orlando, they spent a total of $1,500! How exactly can you spend that much for a one night stay in Orlando? Must have been a nice family vacation.

I honestly wish you the best of luck. I wouldn't wish the season we all experienced at the storm at the hands of these two woman, on anyone let alone the children. I hope your experience is different. I hope you are not ripped off and I hope you get what you pay for. But, in the end when you are without a club and your money, you'll think back to this warning and wish you had listened. Most likely, Dina is just using them to get their FYSA affiliation and then he'll dump them and take over. I don't know Dina, although his reputation is not very good, but hopefully he is at least honest.
      How do you know all of this? That's crazy. I just want to know that it is factual, and how it was determined. It isn't the first time I have heard similar allegations about them. As far as Dina, what I heard and know about him is the opposite - he actually cares about the kids. If what you are saying about those women is true, it is truly despicable. So sad to hear that there are people that willing to take advantage of others, and basically steal from them!

Comment

How do you know all of this? That's crazy. I just want to know that it is factual, and how it was determined. It isn't the first time I have heard similar allegations about them. As far as Dina, what I heard and know about him is the opposite - he actually cares about the kids. If what you are saying about those women is true, it is truly despicable. So sad to hear that there are people that willing to take advantage of others, and basically steal from them!
        Cares about the kids? Regardless of club or politics, if you care about the kids, wouldn't you want the best for them? Is that why he would bully parents and players to stay with Optimist/Azzuri instead of venturing elsewhere to push their kids to get better?

It's all a power trip with Dina, nothing more. If he cared about the kids, he would have tried to work with Fire when they were willing instead of moving to Bonita. He is more of a crook then the two ladies who stole money! They all belong together.

Optimist has always been about introducing the game to the kids and instilling the passion in them. Now Dina is trying to turn that in to a money making business and making some of those families travel to Bonita when they could have just stayed in Naples if he would have put his ego aside.

Comment

Cares about the kids? Regardless of club or politics, if you care about the kids, wouldn't you want the best for them? Is that why he would bully parents and players to stay with Optimist/Azzuri instead of venturing elsewhere to push their kids to get better?

It's all a power trip with Dina, nothing more. If he cared about the kids, he would have tried to work with Fire when they were willing instead of moving to Bonita. He is more of a crook then the two ladies who stole money! They all belong together.

Optimist has always been about introducing the game to the kids and instilling the passion in them. Now Dina is trying to turn that in to a money making business and making some of those families travel to Bonita when they could have just stayed in Naples if he would have put his ego aside.
          So true.

Comment

Could not say any better. Even more with GS help. GS destroyed what Fire (Sharks) had built for more than a decade.

Comment

How did he try to bully them to staying with Azzurri? And what should he have done to work with Fire? I'm asking because I don't know - and would like to know more about the situation.

Comment

How did he try to bully them to staying with Azzurri? And what should he have done to work with Fire? I'm asking because I don't know - and would like to know more about the situation.
                He would threaten parents to leave fields if they spoke to Fire parents, or would noticeably hold grudges at parents he knew had other children in the Fire program.

I'm not the poster that originated the post, but I heard from a previous Fire board member that they approached him numerous times to try to partner up. They wanted Optimist to be rec and competitive rec program, probably keeping Azzuri as competitive rec, and then Fire to be the premier program.

They said that Dina stated he doesn't need Fire and he can do everything on his own. Optimist and Azzuri are better for the kids, and they have a better product. He also has grudges with a few people in the Fire, and used to with GS as well, but apparently that isn't the case anymore.

He is entitled to his own way of thinking about things, but don't try to say he is about the kids first because this has all been a power trip of his. If it was about the kids, he would have invested more time into thinking about partnering up with Fire when he had the chance.

Comment

He would threaten parents to leave fields if they spoke to Fire parents, or would noticeably hold grudges at parents he knew had other children in the Fire program.

I'm not the poster that originated the post, but I heard from a previous Fire board member that they approached him numerous times to try to partner up. They wanted Optimist to be rec and competitive rec program, probably keeping Azzuri as competitive rec, and then Fire to be the premier program.

They said that Dina stated he doesn't need Fire and he can do everything on his own. Optimist and Azzuri are better for the kids, and they have a better product. He also has grudges with a few people in the Fire, and used to with GS as well, but apparently that isn't the case anymore.

He is entitled to his own way of thinking about things, but don't try to say he is about the kids first because this has all been a power trip of his. If it was about the kids, he would have invested more time into thinking about partnering up with Fire when he had the chance.
                  I see the program as an opportunity for some kids to play at a higher level (than rec). Maybe those kids aren't cut out for some of the other more exclusive clubs - whether it is financial, dedication, logistics... I don't know. To each their own. That's their deal.

Comment

I see the program as an opportunity for some kids to play at a higher level (than rec). Maybe those kids aren't cut out for some of the other more exclusive clubs - whether it is financial, dedication, logistics... I don't know. To each their own. That's their deal.
                    Right. That all could have happened in Naples instead of Bonita now. Power trip...

Comment

Right. That all could have happened in Naples instead of Bonita now. Power trip...
                      But why shouldn't it be in Bonita?

Comment

But why shouldn't it be in Bonita?
                        Optimist is a Naples based rec program? Now you are making some of those families drive from Vineyards to Bonita, just to drop and pick up their kids from practice from a rec program.

Comment

Optimist is a Naples based rec program? Now you are making some of those families drive from Vineyards to Bonita, just to drop and pick up their kids from practice from a rec program.
                          So they have to drive a little further. If it is a better experience for them, maybe it will be worth it for them. What they do doesn't really matter to me. It might be entertaining to see how things unfold though if what has been said is true. Looks like their tryouts are still going on.

Comment

So they have to drive a little further. If it is a better experience for them, maybe it will be worth it for them. What they do doesn't really matter to me. It might be entertaining to see how things unfold though if what has been said is true. Looks like their tryouts are still going on.
                            Yes plus more money can be charged!

Comment

My son didn't make premier team at Fire, and then received email a day later from Azzuri to come tryout.

Sounds like they are desperate to put ages together.

Comment

My son didn't make premier team at Fire, and then received email a day later from Azzuri to come tryout.

Sounds like they are desperate to put ages together.
                                I may get bashed for this, but some of the Azzurri teams had some quality players last year. Players with potential, and players with other competitive experience. I don't think those teams fared that well though, even at their level of play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X