Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You need to get out and meet these cra cra parents. Yes they think their player is headed for identification by the national team. Yes US soccer will id their GDA players because that is how they will sell the league. Done.
    maybe for those that have NT ambitions - the best way to D1 or 2 is ECNL - it's a proven commodity

Comment

maybe for those that have NT ambitions - the best way to D1 or 2 is ECNL - it's a proven commodity
      The best way to D1 is ECNL - This is absolutely true now and the data will support that claim through Spring of 2019 as the currently committed matriculate.

Starting Fall 2017 no D1 coach will be able to ignore DAP, and the shift begins with the 02s and 03s - Class of '20 and '21.

ECNL will falsely pump themselves up for 2 more years highlighting Signed LOIs that were committed 1-2 years prior. Then the bottom falls out, and DAP is the first source.

Comment

The best way to D1 is ECNL - This is absolutely true now and the data will support that claim through Spring of 2019 as the currently committed matriculate.

Starting Fall 2017 no D1 coach will be able to ignore DAP, and the shift begins with the 02s and 03s - Class of '20 and '21.

ECNL will falsely pump themselves up for 2 more years highlighting Signed LOIs that were committed 1-2 years prior. Then the bottom falls out, and DAP is the first source.
        "the shift begins with the 02s and 03s - Class of '20 and '21" - how do you know that's where it will start? it will be interesting to see how many top players currently playing ECNL will make the moving, thus giving up all other sports. You seem confident in your statement....how do you know?

Comment

OK I'll bite. If your kid is a really good ECNL player in the class of 2021 at a top MA club where should they go to be scouted by college coaches given that they will be able to choose between GDAP and ECNL. Let's not consider HS for the sake of this argument. Please rational thoughts backed up by strong evidence or logic please!

Comment

"the shift begins with the 02s and 03s - Class of '20 and '21" - how do you know that's where it will start? it will be interesting to see how many top players currently playing ECNL will make the moving, thus giving up all other sports. You seem confident in your statement....how do you know?
            I don't know sh%&. Jus like everyone else on TS, just sharing my thinking.
            The current top-tier sophomores will be getting verbals this summer and into fall of their junior year. Those early commitments will likely have been facilitated by their existing club, and the players will likely stay with that club/team. For this reason, I don't see much drop off and ECNL will still be able to claim top-tier commits for 2 more years, unless the college coaches start asking/requiring the girls to play DAP. DAP will be a good choice for the next tier of 01s who will be juniors this fall looking to get commitments.

The 02s will be 9th/10th graders and the 03s 8th/9th, which is the sweet spot for pipeline building and the college coaches will not be able to ignore DAP. I'm not saying it will be the only pathway (see appeal of multi-sport thread) but I suspect it will become the primary, because college coaches like efficient filters, which is exactly why ECNL has been successful. DAP will become a more efficient filter than ECNL. I'm not trying to win an argument, just playing out the scenario. Very interested in alternative scenarios, especially those that allow my D to have a better HS experience.

Comment

I don't know sh%&. Jus like everyone else on TS, just sharing my thinking.
              The current top-tier sophomores will be getting verbals this summer and into fall of their junior year. Those early commitments will likely have been facilitated by their existing club, and the players will likely stay with that club/team. For this reason, I don't see much drop off and ECNL will still be able to claim top-tier commits for 2 more years, unless the college coaches start asking/requiring the girls to play DAP. DAP will be a good choice for the next tier of 01s who will be juniors this fall looking to get commitments.

The 02s will be 9th/10th graders and the 03s 8th/9th, which is the sweet spot for pipeline building and the college coaches will not be able to ignore DAP. I'm not saying it will be the only pathway (see appeal of multi-sport thread) but I suspect it will become the primary, because college coaches like efficient filters, which is exactly why ECNL has been successful. DAP will become a more efficient filter than ECNL. I'm not trying to win an argument, just playing out the scenario. Very interested in alternative scenarios, especially those that allow my D to have a better HS experience.
              thanks for clarifying - makes sense - I wasn't trying to be flip I was wondering if it was opinion or fact. I'm in the same boat with my D. Just trying to make sense of it

Comment

Has winter training started yet for the 03's ? Our club has nothing

Comment

Has winter training started yet for the 03's ? Our club has nothing
                  My D's an '04 and her team's winter training starts next week. She helped out an '02 team a few weeks ago in an indoor game, so that team has obviously already started it's training.

We filled the late December lull with futsal a couple of times a week, Revs RDS training and strength and conditioning workouts.

Comment

My D's an '04 and her team's winter training starts next week. She helped out an '02 team a few weeks ago in an indoor game, so that team has obviously already started it's training.

We filled the late December lull with futsal a couple of times a week, Revs RDS training and strength and conditioning workouts.
                    At 04? Crazy!!!
                    Strength and condition ...... strength training??? Yikes

Comment

Wow this is a lot of training the club offers you. If I can ask is it a maple or NEP club?

Comment

Wow this is a lot of training the club offers you. If I can ask is it a maple or NEP club?
                        NEP. Not sure if it was clear, but the strength and conditioning and obviously Revs RDS isn't part of the club's training. The futsal is offered by another region of our club. They also offer free technical training at a central location which we'll start tomorrow.

Comment

Not the OP with the 04 daughter, but my 04 daughter is also starting training with her team this week (NPL), and it includes 2 team practices plus 1 technical training.

Comment

Will be good to see some teams in action next weekend at GPS.

SPOL v Select should be a good game and LFC v GPS is another good one.

Comment

Will be good to see some teams in action next weekend at GPS.

SPOL v Select should be a good game and LFC v GPS is another good one.
                              SPOL is a very good team, but I will be surprised if they can hang with Select next week. You can tell GPS respects SPOL because they were placed in Select's bracket while they put LFC in their's.

Comment

SPOL is a very good team, but I will be surprised if they can hang with Select next week. You can tell GPS respects SPOL because they were placed in Select's bracket while they put LFC in their's.
                                I am predicting a SPOL v LFC final. Long shot I know but I route for the underdog in LFC and SPOL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X