Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So how come we haven't heard much of OWs tryouts? No signings posted on Facebook of all the Cfc and fsa players that were busting down their doors?
    Who really cares anymore. They aren't a threat to ECNL clubs in CT. In fact they are losing some of their better players to ECNL. It's time we move on and let Oakwood prepare for their future in the Academy. Since they will be mixed age, they will never play any CT clubs and we will never hear from them again. They will fade into oblivion and be an afterthought in CT soccer. Time to put an end to this thread!

Comment

So how come we haven't heard much of OWs tryouts? No signings posted on Facebook of all the Cfc and fsa players that were busting down their doors?
      OW fans claim OW knows all the talent in the state and offers are being made and accepted.

Ok, now wipe off the beverage that shot out of your nose onto your computer screen laughing at that statement

Comment

They truly are a bunch of blow hards. For being the longest running club in Ct, they have amounted to much other than trying to keep up with the joneses, I mean Cfc and fsa

Comment

They truly are a bunch of blow hards. For being the longest running club in Ct, they have amounted to much other than trying to keep up with the joneses, I mean Cfc and fsa
          I think you mean "cojones"

Comment

Who really cares anymore. They aren't a threat to ECNL clubs in CT. In fact they are losing some of their better players to ECNL. It's time we move on and let Oakwood prepare for their future in the Academy. Since they will be mixed age, they will never play any CT clubs and we will never hear from them again. They will fade into oblivion and be an afterthought in CT soccer. Time to put an end to this thread!
            Couldn't agree more. It might mean a new face or two on a few teams in CT abut that's about it. GDA like ECNL is pretty shut in with its tournaments etc so the girls might as well be playing different sports.

Mine plays mutiple sports in HS so the GDA wasn't a consideration, I Will say though that I think it's definitely going to improve college exposure over what these kids got from the NPL. OW teams are all ranked highly but these has been events like NEWSS just don't draw coaches anymore.

Every state is different but from where I sit the ECNL teams and NPL teams in CT are about to get a bit stronger.

Good luck to the girls diving in for the inaugural season. I suspect that it will largely be very positive. Just do us all a favor and don't come on here to try to discredit the kids that make All State next fall. You've made your choice.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. It might mean a new face or two on a few teams in CT abut that's about it. GDA like ECNL is pretty shut in with its tournaments etc so the girls might as well be playing different sports.

Mine plays mutiple sports in HS so the GDA wasn't a consideration, I Will say though that I think it's definitely going to improve college exposure over what these kids got from the NPL. OW teams are all ranked highly but these has been events like NEWSS just don't draw coaches anymore.

Every state is different but from where I sit the ECNL teams and NPL teams in CT are about to get a bit stronger.

Good luck to the girls diving in for the inaugural season. I suspect that it will largely be very positive. Just do us all a favor and don't come on here to try to discredit the kids that make All State next fall. You've made your choice.
              Maybe some GDA teams will come to opi next year.

Comment

Maybe some GDA teams will come to opi next year.
                #goals!

Comment

do you think people. coaches really care about all state. have you seen the all state teams? 80% of those kids listed as all staters don't even play college. Another blowhard Dad thinks he knows what's up. Stick to ready the sports page on the can Dad

Comment

do you think people. coaches really care about all state. have you seen the all state teams? 80% of those kids listed as all staters don't even play college. Another blowhard Dad thinks he knows what's up. Stick to ready the sports page on the can Dad
                    way off my friend - flip that percentage, 20% don't play in college, heck I think the true number is less than 10%.

Comment

And here we have an example of the species called "bitter club coach". His habitat is sitting in the stands during HS games watching his premier prima donnas getting blown up by "unskilled" all-state players.

Comment

And here we have an example of the species called "bitter club coach". His habitat is sitting in the stands during HS games watching his premier prima donnas getting blown up by "unskilled" all-state players.
                        Or bitter club parent who goes nuts when his super stud offspring (usually playing at a lower level club) doesn't get the same amount of PT or accolades that the multisport athletes do. Accepting his kid ain't all that is a multistep process that takes time

Comment

you forget that some of these kids go to college for other reasons than soccer. So "yes" some all-state girls may not play in college, but not because they aren't good enough. It's called an education.

Comment

All the all-state girls at our high school play club for OW, FSA, or CFCU. I would imagine that's true for most all-state players. I would futher expect that all-state players are club players somewhere.

Comment

All the all-state girls at our high school play club for OW, FSA, or CFCU. I would imagine that's true for most all-state players. I would futher expect that all-state players are club players somewhere.
                              Ssshhhh don't tell the HS haters that. They're convinced HS is only for travel players who want to get injured, and that's why club players will flock to GDA

lol :)

Comment

Is there another signing session tomorrow morning at 10 in G'bury? Who knows about that?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X