Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA is great, but there I should one thing it won't ever have...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Weston would be #11 if they added one more slot to this ranking.
    Leave it to Weston to provide humor

Comment

You have no clue The only kids that play for clubs like Arsenal, BVB, AJAX and so on are ones that are hand picked for the club from the community or have caught a scouts eye in Africa or some other place. They do not carry 50 kids per age group Most are residential so they do not house any extras. you should close your eyes and start dreaming again maybe next time you wake up your imaginary son will be Messi.
      Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself. Not only did I already explain myself but there's another guy that answered you as well. You have no idea what you're talking about and obviously have never been to any of there academies in person or else you wouldn't be arguing with me. Yes...there is more than one team in older age groups moron!

I've taken my son on a few tryouts to these places by invitation so I speak from experience. You're just another parent trying to convince yourself that DA is the pinnacle of soccer just cause you're paying out of your ass and have very little to show for it except coming on here to defend something that's obviously a failure.

Good luck pal...

Comment

Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself. Not only did I already explain myself but there's another guy that answered you as well. You have no idea what you're talking about and obviously have never been to any of there academies in person or else you wouldn't be arguing with me. Yes...there is more than one team in older age groups moron!

I've taken my son on a few tryouts to these places by invitation so I speak from experience. You're just another parent trying to convince yourself that DA is the pinnacle of soccer just cause you're paying out of your ass and have very little to show for it except coming on here to defend something that's obviously a failure.

Good luck pal...
        Again you can't do simple math 180 -200 Kids in an academy from u8-u21 is 13 age groups is somewhere between 14-16 Kids per squad So how many teams can you make. And if these academies have extra teams it would be at the younger age groups. Simple logic. Are you offended that someone is calling you out on your BULL ****? I think you are the one acting like you know everything. I am sure some people read your fake ass **** and believe it.

Comment

Again you can't do simple math 180 -200 Kids in an academy from u8-u21 is 13 age groups is somewhere between 14-16 Kids per squad So how many teams can you make. And if these academies have extra teams it would be at the younger age groups. Simple logic. Are you offended that someone is calling you out on your BULL ****? I think you are the one acting like you know everything. I am sure some people read your fake ass **** and believe it.
          You are really thick aren't you ? How many times do I have to say that we were at one of the best academies in Europe and there were 3 teams in one age group. The really good kids, then the pretty good and the OK ones, A,B,C all within 1 year of each other. Not saying I know how every single academy in EU works since we obviously were not at every one. But the 2 we did go to were like that. And I also know many other ones have the same structure too. I hope you can understand now.

Unless you've traveled with your kid and gone in the flesh to see these things don't argue. Just sit back and learn. I mean that in a most sincere way...

Comment

You have no clue The only kids that play for clubs like Arsenal, BVB, AJAX and so on are ones that are hand picked for the club from the community or have caught a scouts eye in Africa or some other place. They do not carry 50 kids per age group Most are residential so they do not house any extras. you should close your eyes and start dreaming again maybe next time you wake up your imaginary son will be Messi.
            Why are we comparing us academies with European? We are not uefa or conmebol!, we are conncacaf, our kids infrastructure is way ahead of Honduras, Costa Rica, Haiti, Panama etc...
            Our population is 5 times bigger, I know soccer is not the number 1 sport ,but we should be dominating our federation at every age group, we have the resources to do so.

Comment

Why are we comparing us academies with European? We are not uefa or conmebol!, we are conncacaf, our kids infrastructure is way ahead of Honduras, Costa Rica, Haiti, Panama etc...
              Our population is 5 times bigger, I know soccer is not the number 1 sport ,but we should be dominating our federation at every age group, we have the resources to do so.
              Resources aren't the only determinants of success. In fact I'd argue that the US is proof that throwing money at a problem won't solve it. It takes great management, vision and great implementation to make the vision happen. And in the case of US soccer it also takes good coaching, which we don't have much of.

Comment

Top 10 soccer academies in the world. Not one in the USA

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...academies.html
                I would rank FC Dallas as number 11.

Comment

I am pretty sure it is Mostly la Liga teams with the top ones from Brazil, Arg, France, Portugal, and Germany. Borrussia not Bayern.

Comment

I believe that if you swapped the US coaches with those of the countries that are doing great, you wouldn't see a change in outcome. I don't believe it's the coaching. Do you think if you took our US pro football coaches over to countries where they love soccer, all of a sudden you'd have great football players? I think whatever sport a country loves - they produce their best in that area. Those kids just play it all day long. They can really dream because they have awesome soccer stars to look up to. It's' the dream of the kids, not the coaches, that really produces the great players.

Comment

I believe that if you swapped the US coaches with those of the countries that are doing great, you wouldn't see a change in outcome. I don't believe it's the coaching. Do you think if you took our US pro football coaches over to countries where they love soccer, all of a sudden you'd have great football players? I think whatever sport a country loves - they produce their best in that area. Those kids just play it all day long. They can really dream because they have awesome soccer stars to look up to. It's' the dream of the kids, not the coaches, that really produces the great players.
                      Having an accent doesn't make you a great soccer coach. You have to understand the players of the country you are coaching. Who the kids look up to and how they live their daily lives is different than those in other countries. You can't make an American a Spaniard.

Comment

Max and David at OC Both came from 5 star youth academy in Scotland. so that makes 2 at one club
                        How did max and David feel not beating our so low Clearwater club in da yesterday? I'm sure embarrassed.

Comment

Having an accent doesn't make you a great soccer coach. You have to understand the players of the country you are coaching. Who the kids look up to and how they live their daily lives is different than those in other countries. You can't make an American a Spaniard.
                          Who do young Spanish basketball players look up to? Michael Jordan!

"Understanding" the fact that american kids cannot dribble, juggle a ball or think independently will not make you a better coach. We do not have a soccer culture in this country and we are bad at it. If you are going to throw money at the sport then throw it where it will make a difference, inner city neighborhoods. Put a futsal court in every vacant lot and sit back and watch what happens. Within a generation, we will become a strong soccer nation.

Comment

All of you guys continue to think what you want. The fact is that in the U.S, the coaching at the 7-14 year old level is atrocious and that's when kids mostly develop and learn to play the game. Until that changes it's a bleak future for US soccer...

Comment

How did max and David feel not beating our so low Clearwater club in da yesterday? I'm sure embarrassed.
                              I am sure they are fine. After all only one team on the field was actually playing the game of soccer. The other not so much.

Comment

I am sure they are fine. After all only one team on the field was actually playing the game of soccer. The other not so much.
                                Really? OC was lucky to tie game late. What about OC 3 losses previous weekend in generation against other MLS teams or 2 losses weekend before with img and fusion? Looks like OC has no wins in last 6 or more games. Clearwater is right behind you in standings for last playoff spot and will take it. Don't blame us for not playing soccer when you can't have one win in 6 games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X