Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If DA is not not fun for your kid, why commit that kind off time to it.
    That should tell you all you need to know.

At whatever competitive level, soccer is still a 'game' and should be enjoyed for what it is.
    I don't know what that guy is talking about. My kid is playing DA for the first time this year and played ODP last year and he said that both have been a blast. My kid has fun when the soccer is competitive.

Comment

Because DA kids need to play for fun as well......That is all ODP would be.
      But thankfully for now and the foreseeable future, it remains an option for players that do not play in a DA (for whatever reason) and want to supplement their training in an environment of competitive soccer.

Comment

But thankfully for now and the foreseeable future, it remains an option for players that do not play in a DA (for whatever reason) and want to supplement their training in an environment of competitive soccer.
        for whatever reason?? how about my 13 year old boy doesn't want to be at the soccer fields 4 days a week TRAINING and miss all school events sports for the minuscule possibility that he may get seen by a pro team and make 10K a year....

Comment

for whatever reason?? how about my 13 year old boy doesn't want to be at the soccer fields 4 days a week TRAINING and miss all school events sports for the minuscule possibility that he may get seen by a pro team and make 10K a year....
          It wasn't meant as a slight but know that some people assume that someone's kid does not play at a DA because they are not good enough so that is why I added for whatever reason. And for the record, I do sincerely believe that there are a lot more kids trying out for ODP that opt not to do DA versus those that do not make a DA and only have ODP as their option for supplemental training and exposure.

Comment

It wasn't meant as a slight but know that some people assume that someone's kid does not play at a DA because they are not good enough so that is why I added for whatever reason. And for the record, I do sincerely believe that there are a lot more kids trying out for ODP that opt not to do DA versus those that do not make a DA and only have ODP as their option for supplemental training and exposure.
            Yes, but most of those kids trying out for ODP would not be able to make a DA roster. Only the top players that make the regions pool are good enough to make the DA, with only very few exceptions. The quality at ODP only gets good in Alabama and it usually the top two teams in the State, with the majority of those from last year that went to DA.

Comment

Yes, but most of those kids trying out for ODP would not be able to make a DA roster. Only the top players that make the regions pool are good enough to make the DA, with only very few exceptions. The quality at ODP only gets good in Alabama and it usually the top two teams in the State, with the majority of those from last year that went to DA.
              DA parents act elitist or insecure and are on TS constantly knocking down ODP or any non DA soccer.

Comment

I call BS.

Comment

Because DA kids need to play for fun as well......That is all ODP would be.
                  Your funny. Sorry your kid is scared to step out there and compete and be judged. Fact is, most DA kids will not even play in college, much less make it pro. Keep dreaming.

Comment

Both ODP and DA have some really good players. That's just the way it is so deal with it.

Comment

Both ODP and DA have some really good players. That's just the way it is so deal with it.
                      Agreed! But wait for it....some parent of a DA kid will undoubtedly have to one up you by saying there is more quality in a DA than in ODP. The reason....wait for it.....because he says so (as I am sure he has not scouted everyone at ODP).

Comment

Will Florida ODP once again bring 3 ,THREE teams per age group to Alabama ? Please Mike Strickland , stop embarrassing Florida and bring the top kids! I understand you need to get paid, but your killing this whole program with your "good ole boys " take everyone attitude! Bring some dignity back to the program and start taking your elite players only! Even if it's 1 team!!! Your DOC /coaches need to stop accommodating mommy and allowing everyone to be a part of ODP!! This is why kids are leaving your program!!!

Comment

Will Florida ODP once again bring 3 ,THREE teams per age group to Alabama ? Please Mike Strickland , stop embarrassing Florida and bring the top kids! I understand you need to get paid, but your killing this whole program with your "good ole boys " take everyone attitude! Bring some dignity back to the program and start taking your elite players only! Even if it's 1 team!!! Your DOC /coaches need to stop accommodating mommy and allowing everyone to be a part of ODP!! This is why kids are leaving your program!!!
                          The older ages bring one or two teams to Alabama.

Comment

No sure about other age groups by boys 04 is three teams. From what was explained: an A Team and then two B teams (one with boys from Jan. to June and the other July to December).

Comment

The older ages bring one or two teams to Alabama.
                              The girls "03" is supposedly taking three teams again.

Comment

The girls "03" is supposedly taking three teams again.
                                Girls from the third team can get called up and make the region team. Florida has much talent!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X