Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another League Forming In Washington; What does it mean for Oregon?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's maddening but can we do anything about it? Apparently our DOC likes the arrangement.
    Sigh. The only ones who like this arrangement are on the Timbers payroll - whether full-time or moonlighting as an announcer, ODP coach, or a Timbers coach in their academy.

Be leery of a club coach who is taking comp from the Timbers, or wants to take comp from the Timbers.

Comment

I guess your definition of a professional coach is different than mine, even though I never shared my expectation of what one might be.

So here is my definition of a Professional coach in the states: MLS/USL/NASL Head/Staff Coach or Full Time paid NCAA D1/D2 /D3 or NAIA Full Time Coach. With some exceptions of course.

Having a coaching license doesn't make anyone 'professional' it means they took a course offered by US Soccer or the NSCAA or some other body, which is great but has no correlation to being 'a professional paid coach', it could, but using this type of one off course taking as being the standard for 'a professional coach in soccer' is dangerous at best.

Soccer in Oregon stinks today no matter what area it comes from-sorry if that fact didn't come through loud and clear. My apologies.

We all sit at the same stanky table my friend, no need to RSVP.
      Calling the non Portland clubs "volunteer based recreation clubs" was unfortunate and condescending wording by the OP. We may all be eating the same sh*t sandwich fed to us by OYSA, but there are plenty of non volunteer based rec clubs outside the Portland metro area. What made OPL intolerable for the non portland clubs was that very attitude - that we were "less" simply based on geography. Your choice of words shows that that sentiment persists today.

Comment

Calling the non Portland clubs "volunteer based recreation clubs" was unfortunate and condescending wording by the OP. We may all be eating the same sh*t sandwich fed to us by OYSA, but there are plenty of non volunteer based rec clubs outside the Portland metro area. What made OPL intolerable for the non portland clubs was that very attitude - that we were "less" simply based on geography. Your choice of words shows that that sentiment persists today.
        Having paranoid delusions much?
        Inferiority Complex?
        With you were part of the Majority?
        Good God. You're OK, I hope.

ALL F::KING CLUBS IN OREGON OUR VOLUNTEER BASED RECREATIONAL CLUBS!!
        WITHOUT A RECREATIONAL BASE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A COMPETITIVE CLUB.

THIS BRANCH (competitive) OF MOST CLUBS, THAT MUST LEECH OFF THE REC PROCEEDS TO OVERPAY USELESS MILLENNIALS FOR SOMETIMES SHOWING UP AND GRACING THE FAMILIES WITH THERE PRESENCE, (only if their parents let them drive their car, while they live with mom & dad being professional coaches....)

Comment

Inferiority Complex?

THIS BRANCH (competitive) OF MOST CLUBS, THAT MUST LEECH OFF THE REC PROCEEDS TO OVERPAY USELESS MILLENNIALS FOR SOMETIMES SHOWING UP AND GRACING THE FAMILIES WITH THERE PRESENCE, (only if their parents let them drive their car, while they live with mom & dad being professional coaches....)
          Please refrain from ALLCAPS, it gives me a headache.

Comment

Please refrain from ALLCAPS, it gives me a headache.
            Please refrain from being an IDIOT, my bad.

Comment

Inferiority Complex?

All Caps Shane from Eugene, is that you? Seriously though. The OP didn't call all Oregon clubs volunteer run rec organizations. Just the ones not in Portland. Sorry if my pointing that out got your panties in a bunch and your caps lock stuck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X