Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ridgefield Sports Complex

Looks like Ridgefield is constructing a new sports complex with (6) full sized turf soccer fields. Expected to be completed sometime next year (2018). It will be nice to have another turf option on the west side of Vancouver...Luke Jensen is packed almost every evening. Also, with a new complex of this size I would expect they could host tournaments and should make it easier to schedule OYSA games due to field availability for surrounding area teams.

Anyhow, I'm sure most of you don't care about Vancouver soccer...but its still good news whenever nice, new turf fields are sprouting up in the region. So, would Pacific or Salmon Creek try to get contracts for these fields...anyone know how that works??

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like Ridgefield is constructing a new sports complex with (6) full sized turf soccer fields. Expected to be completed sometime next year (2018). It will be nice to have another turf option on the west side of Vancouver...Luke Jensen is packed almost every evening. Also, with a new complex of this size I would expect they could host tournaments and should make it easier to schedule OYSA games due to field availability for surrounding area teams.

Anyhow, I'm sure most of you don't care about Vancouver soccer...but its still good news whenever nice, new turf fields are sprouting up in the region. So, would Pacific or Salmon Creek try to get contracts for these fields...anyone know how that works??
    FYI - Here's a link to the website with a rendering of the field layouts:

http://www.rorc.info

Comment

Looks good, from the overview look it looks like 2 baseball and 4 soccer/football/lacross other sports fields. City funded so I wonder if this will be what they use now for all their MS and HS sports as well (that would make sense being city funded).

I will be interested to see which local soccer clubs try to use these fields and how expensive the fields will be to use. Renting from a school can be very expensive, but sometimes cheaper straight from the city.

Its also a logistical question as well. if you live in salmon creek area it takes 15 minutes from salmon creek (that is if you are only a few minutes off the highway) and thats probably the closest of the non ridgefield people. So how many parents are willing to make that drive for practices on a regular basis. I could see some pacific teams trying to use them as they have a lot of families in north vancouver up to battleground and ridgefield. But if you play for a pacific team currently practicing at luke jensen for example and you live anywhere on the eastside of town that would be a Hike. I guess I'm curious to hear what the heads of those clubs thoughts are on how much they would plan to use those fields.

Comment

Looks good, from the overview look it looks like 2 baseball and 4 soccer/football/lacross other sports fields. City funded so I wonder if this will be what they use now for all their MS and HS sports as well (that would make sense being city funded).

I will be interested to see which local soccer clubs try to use these fields and how expensive the fields will be to use. Renting from a school can be very expensive, but sometimes cheaper straight from the city.

Its also a logistical question as well. if you live in salmon creek area it takes 15 minutes from salmon creek (that is if you are only a few minutes off the highway) and thats probably the closest of the non ridgefield people. So how many parents are willing to make that drive for practices on a regular basis. I could see some pacific teams trying to use them as they have a lot of families in north vancouver up to battleground and ridgefield. But if you play for a pacific team currently practicing at luke jensen for example and you live anywhere on the eastside of town that would be a Hike. I guess I'm curious to hear what the heads of those clubs thoughts are on how much they would plan to use those fields.
        HS already has a turf football/soccer field and a top quality grass soccer field. Unlikely they'd play many games at the public fields just down the street.

Comment

HS already has a turf football/soccer field and a top quality grass soccer field. Unlikely they'd play many games at the public fields just down the street.
          Agree why would the school pay to use something they already have tax payers wouldn't go for it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X