Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best club for RI girls to play for 12-16 yrs

Best club to play for in RI for girls 12-16 yrs. Or nearby MA? Why? 2 NPL players from FL

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Best club to play for in RI for girls 12-16 yrs. Or nearby MA? Why? 2 NPL players from FL
    Don’t play in R.I.

Go to NEFC or Stars and try to make their NPL (or above) teams.

Comment

Don’t play in R.I.

Go to NEFC or Stars and try to make their NPL (or above) teams.
      Thank you!

Comment

Thank you!
        I’ve heard so many good things about Stars
        But mixed reviews regarding NEFC.

Comment

I’ve heard so many good things about Stars
          But mixed reviews regarding NEFC.
          lol thanks PM

Comment

First, go to Mass.

Second, meet and research the coaches. The clubs are so big now that each club has gaps in coaching, so you might see a really good coach, but you might have a really bad coach. This cuts across levels.

NEFC in RI is a perfect example. In one age group I might be able to make a recommendation, in another I'd say to stay away.

Mass clubs have the most consistency, and a way to play into the higher levels if your player is good enough. RI clubs on the girls side really lack in coaching and organization.

Comment

Depends on what the player’s goals are for soccer.

Comment

RI Rays

Comment

RI Rays
                  Rays are a baseball team??? Looking for a tryout 2001 girls. NEFC MA? RI? Stars MA?
                  Yes they do have to make the team. But I want them on the better team if they happen to make it.

Comment

Rays are a baseball team??? Looking for a tryout 2001 girls. NEFC MA? RI? Stars MA?
                    Yes they do have to make the team. But I want them on the better team if they happen to make it.
                    Actually Rays were a great team before premier became watered down as a place for a fool and his money to be parted. Back in the days when the word "premier" meant something. Other clubs sprouted up to take kids who couldn't make the Rays.

Comment

Actually Rays were a great team before premier became watered down as a place for a fool and his money to be parted. Back in the days when the word "premier" meant something. Other clubs sprouted up to take kids who couldn't make the Rays.
                      Rays are long gone! Wow that is a blast from the past. Correct though. It was the only premier team around and really all we needed. Now we have watered down slush!

If you are looking for a club 2000/2001 girls then go to MA. Not RI. Not NEFC RI either! They may say theirs is a good team but it is not when you look at what they are playing for competition. Coaching is another story but no need to go there.

Comment

If you are from RI and:

You want DA go to NEFC.
                        You want ECNL go to Stars.
                        You want NPL go to NEFC (it's the best, closest NPL option).

If none of the above, just find a local club near you where you like the coach in your age group.

Comment

If you are from RI and:

You want DA go to NEFC.
                          You want ECNL go to Stars.
                          You want NPL go to NEFC (it's the best, closest NPL option).

If none of the above, just find a local club near you where you like the coach in your age group.
                          Exactly!!!! Why soccer in RI sucks.....

Comment

Rays are long gone! Wow that is a blast from the past. Correct though. It was the only premier team around and really all we needed. Now we have watered down slush!

If you are looking for a club 2000/2001 girls then go to MA. Not RI. Not NEFC RI either! They may say theirs is a good team but it is not when you look at what they are playing for competition. Coaching is another story but no need to go there.
                            Too bad Rays did not survive the changing youth soccer landscape. My understanding is the leading cause to it’s downfall is bad coaching.

Comment

Exactly!!!! Why soccer in RI sucks.....
                              RI has a lot of good players, but yes most of best ones are all on the MA based teams listed above.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X