NLI Day 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there is at least one other poster who feels exactly the same way I do.
    Celebrate the commitment, celebrate the choice, pose and post a picture - totally support that. Awesome, you are going to a great school and you will play a sport you love.

Hold a pen in your hand and "sign" a D3 whatever letter, parents post "signing day" below the picture - you are a douche, and your whole family should be ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Celebrate the commitment, celebrate the choice, pose and post a picture - totally support that. Awesome, you are going to a great school and you will play a sport you love.

Hold a pen in your hand and "sign" a D3 whatever letter, parents post "signing day" below the picture - you are a douche, and your whole family should be ashamed.
      Agreed.

Comment

Schools take the pictures. Local papers publish them. With the exception of a few people who know the difference, no one cares, not even most of the athletes.

Comment

Agreed the paper just wants to sell papers and generate page views. No issue with them.
          The HS school signing meets a compliance requirement. There must be proof the NLI was signed outside the influence of the college and in the presence of trusted advisors such as a school official and parent/guardian.

Comment

Schools take the pictures. Local papers publish them. With the exception of a few people who know the difference, no one cares, not even most of the athletes.
            Right, I really don't think most players and families are intentionally trying to deceive people into thinking they received a full athletic scholarship to their school. Most likely, they just don't know the difference; I only learned this about three years ago after first coming on TS. I would imagine most athletes signing a DI NLI are excited for their D3 friends and don't really care about these photo ops, unless their parent is putting up a stink about it.

Comment

Right, I really don't think most players and families are intentionally trying to deceive people into thinking they received a full athletic scholarship to their school. Most likely, they just don't know the difference; I only learned this about three years ago after first coming on TS. I would imagine most athletes signing a DI NLI are excited for their D3 friends and don't really care about these photo ops, unless their parent is putting up a stink about it.
              It's all for show. another poster is right - the D1 athletes are not actually "signing": their real contract anyway. They do that with their parents because they are minors. Few of them care who is in the pictures with them. They're classmates and teammates and friends. Everyone is playing a sport in college and no matter the level that's still an accomplishment few achieve

It should be noted that clubs are more than happy to publish these pics as well. They certainly know the difference but do it anyway.

Comment

It's all for show. another poster is right - the D1 athletes are not actually "signing": their real contract anyway. They do that with their parents because they are minors. Few of them care who is in the pictures with them. They're classmates and teammates and friends. Everyone is playing a sport in college and no matter the level that's still an accomplishment few achieve

It should be noted that clubs are more than happy to publish these pics as well. They certainly know the difference but do it anyway.
                Why wouldn't they do it? Soccer talent is used to generate access to competitive institutions of higher learning, not just scholarship money. Who is to say which one is more photo worthy and who cares? All these kids are on their own journey so good for all of them.

Comment

You must lead a wretched existence. I feel sorry for you.

Comment

You must lead a wretched existence. I feel sorry for you.
                    because he advocates for integrity?

Comment

Please. Just post your college commitment here where people might appreciate it. You are misunderstanding the audience for the school web site. It is not soccer families. It is for the community that finances the schoo. The more children they show children doing well and achieving successes, the better.

Comment

Integrity and TS don't exactly go hand in hand so slow your roll keyboard cowboy.

Comment

Please. Just post your college commitment here where people might appreciate it. You are misunderstanding the audience for the school web site. It is not soccer families. It is for the community that finances the schoo. The more children they show children doing well and achieving successes, the better.
                          ding ding ding we have a winner! It's only a few soccer families that raise a fuss over this issue every year. The rest of the world doesn't care. The school wants to express their pride in their students. So do the families. So what? Playing in college is an accomplishment. If a D1 athlete is proud of their accomplishments this really shouldn't bother them. They know what they've achieved.

Comment

The commitment photos are for clubs (our club has asked repeatedly for photos), facebook postings, twitter and other social media outlets, and extended family too.

Comment

Commitment ceremony - fine
                              Posting photos- fine

Please, just do not say you are signing an NLI when you are not

Comment

The commitment photos are for clubs (our club has asked repeatedly for photos), facebook postings, twitter and other social media outlets, and extended family too.
                                You really can't get involved with what people put on Facebook and social media. I thought u were complaining about what schools are posting. People post nonsense, true and false all day every day. Just don't look if it bothers you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X