Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-State

All State voting was tonight, any results?

All-State

Also, could someone explain the criteria and process for selection? Who nominates, confirms etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Also, could someone explain the criteria and process for selection? Who nominates, confirms etc.?
      I USED to be that the coaches would meet and talk it out. I may have changed now.

Comment

Voting took place a couple of weeks ago. Results were released to the coaches last night at their annual end of season meeting. Official press releases should be out shortly.

Comment

Voting took place a couple of weeks ago. Results were released to the coaches last night at their annual end of season meeting. Official press releases should be out shortly.
          nominations were sent in a few weeks ago, our coach was voting last night.

Comment

All State voting was tonight, any results?
            Sorry, your kid didn't make it

Comment

Sorry, your kid didn't make it
              Wow, way to add to the conversion. You must be a joy at parties.

Comment

conversation, D'oh

Comment

I try not to add to conversions but seriously, better luck next season!

Comment

nominations were sent in a few weeks ago, our coach was voting last night.
                    Voting took place during the playoffs. If there were tie breakers for positions between kids getting the same number of votes the coaches vote there for tie breaking only.

All Region and All American status is voted on by members in attendance who are also NSCAA members.

Comment

When and where are results posted?

Comment

Over the past couple of years they typically show up in the newspapers the last week of November or the first week of December. Not sure why there is such a lag since they are picked at conclusion of season. Names typically leak out as individual coaches recognize their kids at awards nights, etc.

As for the process, I had spoken to a D1 boys coach on the process a few years ago and he had indicated that they submit a list of up to 7 (might have been 6) that they feel are worthy of consideration. This particular coach submitted his list based on an internal stack ranking of what he saw from his own players. That list gets submitted. All names compiled from all teams and coaches from other teams base their decision on what they saw during the season from all other teams, etc. I am sure some weaker teams only submit 1 or 2 names. Everything done electronically from what I understand. No formal meeting to discuss, etc. which IMO would enhance the process.

My understanding is that All New England and All American are done differently as coaches need to be part of that national organization in order to vote. Boys and Girls have different numbers of All New Englands based on number of coaches voting (members) in that particular state?

Feel free to comment if you have heard differently.

Comment

Over the past couple of years they typically show up in the newspapers the last week of November or the first week of December. Not sure why there is such a lag since they are picked at conclusion of season. Names typically leak out as individual coaches recognize their kids at awards nights, etc.

As for the process, I had spoken to a D1 boys coach on the process a few years ago and he had indicated that they submit a list of up to 7 (might have been 6) that they feel are worthy of consideration. This particular coach submitted his list based on an internal stack ranking of what he saw from his own players. That list gets submitted. All names compiled from all teams and coaches from other teams base their decision on what they saw during the season from all other teams, etc. I am sure some weaker teams only submit 1 or 2 names. Everything done electronically from what I understand. No formal meeting to discuss, etc. which IMO would enhance the process.

My understanding is that All New England and All American are done differently as coaches need to be part of that national organization in order to vote. Boys and Girls have different numbers of All New Englands based on number of coaches voting (members) in that particular state?

Correct on all points.

Comment

Almost all correct. It is 6 as you state and they do meet to discuss and debate. They met Wednesday night.

Comment

Almost all correct. It is 6 as you state and they do meet to discuss and debate. They met Wednesday night.
                              Good, that's makes for a more thorough process especially if not all teams play each other. Coach A might have a player listed and Coaches D, J, and K might advocate for that kid publicly, "he was one of the top outside midfielders we saw all season" which in turn allows Coach Z who didn't play that team make a more informed decision.

Not sure if the girls coaches meet in person. I thought I had heard it was all done electronically on that side.

At the end of the day, there is no perfect system and there is a lot of subjectivity involved.

IMO opinion picking 1st team All State team in D1 girls is much easier than D2. More exceptional players in that division this year. Last year in D2 there were several higher level players who at least went on to play higher level in college. Not sure if that is the case this year. There was no striker play in D2 even close to the top 4 strikers I saw on the field in the Londonderry Central game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X