Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And people like you are the reason soccer in this country stinks. It's about soccer!!! Not "better things". Kids want to play soccer!
    So true. There's too many snobs who bit*ch about HS soccer or lower level teams of kids that aren't college material. The more kids playing the sport, enjoying it, following it the faster we develop a soccer culture here.

Comment

The HS season isn’t even over. Several teams will run supplemental tryouts. Don’t feel bad for the girls, they will be fine.
      Not many clubs run U18/19 teams to begin with; those that do may have full rosters. It's very possible not all players will find a home.

Comment

Heard it from a friend....2001 girls are just now being told there wont be a team in the spring season. Nice move, you couldn't have told them sooner than now?
        There were 13 teams across Division 1 and 2 in the CCSL last year. Rush and CFC branches, Southeast, Academica , Shoreline, Foundation and a couple of town premier teams. Contact those clubs , I am sure many will be fielding teams in the Spring.

Comment

There were 13 teams across Division 1 and 2 in the CCSL last year. Rush and CFC branches, Southeast, Academica , Shoreline, Foundation and a couple of town premier teams. Contact those clubs , I am sure many will be fielding teams in the Spring.
          At GU-17 I meant to say.

Comment

At GU-17 I meant to say.
            Many of those teams will not run this year. Many seniors drop out if they're not going to play in college - they're busy, it costs a good amount of money and time. That makes it difficult for lower level teams to field a team. The ones that do run tend to carry bigger rosters because seniors are so busy and often don't show. Players can find a home but it may not be ideal.

Comment

Beachside has 2001 girls team in EDP league.

Comment

Their 2001s are made up of 02s 03s like they were last year

Comment

Their 2001s are made up of 02s 03s like they were last year
                  Not really. Most of their players are seniors.

Comment

Didn't they last year have to take from their younger teams to have enough to play.If they have 15 players at 2001 i would be shocked.

Comment

Didn't they last year have to take from their younger teams to have enough to play.If they have 15 players at 2001 i would be shocked.
                      current roster on got soccer has 16 players mostly seniors. they might pick up a few more players over then next few months since there are so few options for this age group i heard the same thing about last year so not sure how it will go this year. looks like FZ is no longer their coach so that could help but you never know because BS has used the bait and switch before.

Comment

current roster on got soccer has 16 players mostly seniors. they might pick up a few more players over then next few months since there are so few options for this age group i heard the same thing about last year so not sure how it will go this year. looks like FZ is no longer their coach so that could help but you never know because BS has used the bait and switch before.
                        Rosters usually don't get updated on GS until the season starts. I think they had a 02/01 team last yearso they could run that. A lot of teams combine for seniors because there aren't enough seniors.

Comment

College

Does Ginga have any resources/support if your kid is interested in playing in college?

Comment

Does Ginga have any resources/support if your kid is interested in playing in college?
                            Yes, they tell you to go try out for a top club ASAP.

Comment

yes. The kids work part time on Route 34 IHOP before and after practice

Comment

Yes. If your kid wants to go to São Paulo CC, they’ve got major hookups. Work study connections lifeguarding at Copacabana Beach as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X