X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I imagine that next year make a new team
    Yes, they will recruit better. It is going to be a very long year first.

Comment

They did not need the best goalie in Florida.

Comment

This age group in OC is the one where a lot of kids left from all teams at all levels. . At this age group is where there were lots of favoritism and friends of friends being pulled to the higher level teams. Not even their ecnl 05 team is good. A lot of people left for other clubs. Thet did not have much to choose from.
        Successful before but not successful now. I would say issues are deeper then players. Maybe coach?

Comment

The roster is different but the players they lost, minus one defender that was really good, really were nonfactors. They did lose or release some others but the ones that did not return were not that good or a loss TBH. So the players that replaced them are slightly better than last years.
          Someone mentioned the 06's and I did see the TBU game and they were timid. They did look overwhelmed.
          But what are their options, apparently the OC ECNL side is not good enough to move kids up or maybe they are electing not to help the DA side. What do they do? No clear answer for that age group.
          You are clueless. All of the top players from this team left to other mls clubs or to go play abroad. Fed up with joke that OC is and understood that MV was no solution to the problem.

Comment

Oc da u14

You are clueless. All of the top players from this team left to other mls clubs or to go play abroad. Fed up with joke that OC is and understood that MV was no solution to the problem.
            I think you are the one who is clueless or just an upset parent. The kids that left were non factors on the field besides the one defender that left. The others and I am talking skill only, were not a loss from what they have this year. Matter of fact, two of the kids that played midfield for them last year were so cancerous in attitude it has been refreshing to not hear their complaining and finger pointing to obvious mistakes or missed marks on their part. They were also only on the team last year due to coaches favouritism when other kids were better than those two.
            It will be a long season for this age group until they get over the injuries and as one poster said and I did not say it before but I agree with, this very well could be a coaching issue as well. He might be over his head or just lack of effort.

Comment

I think you are the one who is clueless or just an upset parent. The kids that left were non factors on the field besides the one defender that left. The others and I am talking skill only, were not a loss from what they have this year. Matter of fact, two of the kids that played midfield for them last year were so cancerous in attitude it has been refreshing to not hear their complaining and finger pointing to obvious mistakes or missed marks on their part. They were also only on the team last year due to coaches favouritism when other kids were better than those two.
              It will be a long season for this age group until they get over the injuries and as one poster said and I did not say it before but I agree with, this very well could be a coaching issue as well. He might be over his head or just lack of effort.
              You recruited a Black team coach from Weston. Ever wonder why he was not given a DA role at Weston? It’s not lack of energy, that’s his personality.

Comment

Okay, dad. The missing kids have been non factors. And the ENCl, non DA kids brought in by MV are just as good. Got it. And that’s why OC dipped back down after season started and pulled in kids that didn’t make the teams in initial tryouts after 2 or 3 games. Right. That’s why you are losing to teams you handled easily last season. It’s the injuries. Or it’s the coaching. The coaching could not have been worse. Both coaches from last season were shown the door. Looks from match reports like all the 05s are playing and not injured. Stop making excuses dad. You team is very poor and you made a poor decision to stick around for more of the circus. You are honest about one thing—it’s going to be a very long season for you. .

Comment

Oc da u14

Okay, dad. The missing kids have been non factors. And the ENCl, non DA kids brought in by MV are just as good. Got it. And that’s why OC dipped back down after season started and pulled in kids that didn’t make the teams in initial tryouts after 2 or 3 games. Right. That’s why you are losing to teams you handled easily last season. It’s the injuries. Or it’s the coaching. The coaching could not have been worse. Both coaches from last season were shown the door. Looks from match reports like all the 05s are playing and not injured. Stop making excuses dad. You team is very poor and you made a poor decision to stick around for more of the circus. You are honest about one thing—it’s going to be a very long season for you. .
                  I am a DA mom and my son does not play in this age group but the 06's and you clearly have no clue or idea about this team or club. Not every 05 is injured but they are consistently pulling 4-6 kids up to field a team and taking away from our group due to the injuries on the 05 side. The 05's have some really good kids and I hope they all get healthy and start playing again so outsiders like you who are bitter about their kids not getting selected will shut up.

Comment

Some of their top players left because daddy coach didn't want his son to have to compete on an even playing field with no bias. 3 of their best players remain from last year but minus the big kid from IMG they don't have any help.

Comment

Some of their top players left because daddy coach didn't want his son to have to compete on an even playing field with no bias. 3 of their best players remain from last year but minus the big kid from IMG they don't have any help.
                      anyone know where triplets ended up at..??

Comment

I am a DA mom and my son does not play in this age group but the 06's and you clearly have no clue or idea about this team or club. Not every 05 is injured but they are consistently pulling 4-6 kids up to field a team and taking away from our group due to the injuries on the 05 side. The 05's have some really good kids and I hope they all get healthy and start playing again so outsiders like you who are bitter about their kids not getting selected will shut up.
                        Only one 05 injured and he has missed 2 games. He’s a high quality player, I’ll give you that. But that isn’t your problem. They are having to pull up kids because their roster was thin to begin with. Partly because talented kids got sick of daddy coach playing favorites and left for better opportunities and were not convinced that MV would be a change for the better, partly because no new talent came to try out for OC because it is widely known to be a poorly run organization from top to botttom, and partly because MV held spots to have a carrot to dangle and entice the kids paying full fare tuition in their existing program. Now they are desperate. Lost some kids they thought they had (twins and daddy’s boy) had one significant injury and are scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out a roster. You are looney if you think one injury to your defender is the issue. Bad retention caused by daddy coaches, poor recruiting and talent evaluation by MV, and poor strategy to have a thin roster to entice tuition payers by MV. Sounds like your kid is caught up in theis mix and that’s unfortunate. Others saw the handwriting on the wall and made avoided it.

Comment

How much does MV registration cost?
                          someone knows if MV gives help to talented players or good students?

Comment

Only one 05 injured and he has missed 2 games. He’s a high quality player, I’ll give you that. But that isn’t your problem. They are having to pull up kids because their roster was thin to begin with. Partly because talented kids got sick of daddy coach playing favorites and left for better opportunities and were not convinced that MV would be a change for the better, partly because no new talent came to try out for OC because it is widely known to be a poorly run organization from top to botttom, and partly because MV held spots to have a carrot to dangle and entice the kids paying full fare tuition in their existing program. Now they are desperate. Lost some kids they thought they had (twins and daddy’s boy) had one significant injury and are scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out a roster. You are looney if you think one injury to your defender is the issue. Bad retention caused by daddy coaches, poor recruiting and talent evaluation by MV, and poor strategy to have a thin roster to entice tuition payers by MV. Sounds like your kid is caught up in theis mix and that’s unfortunate. Others saw the handwriting on the wall and made avoided it.
                            They also had 2 04 players that were supposed to be part of the roster that the paperwork didn't go through and 1 sima kid that can't get his paperwork done for some reason. That's roughly 7 players gone from the roster in less than 1 month and the solution is bringing up Ecnl kids that didn't make the team in May and a bunch of undersized 06 kids that can't physically compete. Its actually amazing they are able to compete at all!

Comment

They also had 2 04 players that were supposed to be part of the roster that the paperwork didn't go through and 1 sima kid that can't get his paperwork done for some reason. That's roughly 7 players gone from the roster in less than 1 month and the solution is bringing up Ecnl kids that didn't make the team in May and a bunch of undersized 06 kids that can't physically compete. Its actually amazing they are able to compete at all!
                              Denial—it’s a helluva drug! It’s amazing something so poorly managed even manages to get the players to the fields for matches. OC DA is a complete joke as an MLS academy and pawning it off on a private school has only made the problem worse.

Comment

Denial—it’s a helluva drug! It’s amazing something so poorly managed even manages to get the players to the fields for matches. OC DA is a complete joke as an MLS academy and pawning it off on a private school has only made the problem worse.
                                Some is their fault like the paperwork and some is not like injuries and crazy parents. The triplets should have been booted last year but the club didn't have the balls to do it. Kudos to MV for not putting up with their BS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X