Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terribly drawn fields

Looking at some of these fields from google maps satellite view is hysterical. For example, look at the grass fields for Cantiague Park.

https://goo.gl/maps/P8Q9DJM7USw

A couple of real beauties over at Bohemia as well.

https://goo.gl/maps/pgNHc6yFgr22

Comment

what am I looking at? I don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        what am I looking at? I don't get it
        Don't look at the turf fields, look at the grass. Look at the boxes and see if they face each other. The second post shows it worse.

I played on a field like that a few times as a goalie. Frustrating. The goals didn't line up and I'd be lining myself up with the other goal, and players are asking me "why are you standing there?"

New rule had to be put in place: Two beer maximum when lining the fields.

Comment

Don't look at the turf fields, look at the grass. Look at the boxes and see if they face each other. The second post shows it worse.

I played on a field like that a few times as a goalie. Frustrating. The goals didn't line up and I'd be lining myself up with the other goal, and players are asking me "why are you standing there?"

New rule had to be put in place: Two beer maximum when lining the fields.
          Our DOC does the lines himself rather than trust the carnie-like Park and Rec folks to do it. He's stone cold sober 20+ years :)

Comment

Looking at some of these fields from google maps satellite view is hysterical. For example, look at the grass fields for Cantiague Park.

https://goo.gl/maps/P8Q9DJM7USw
            LOL....Wow, that's bad!

Comment

It really is hard to do it well. Doing it well requires putting down the first goal line and carefully stringing lines to be painted. If done right it could take 2 people an hour.

If you see a single guy with headphones on pushing a sprayer in a “straight” line, the field is guaranteed to stink.

Comment

It really is hard to do it well. Doing it well requires putting down the first goal line and carefully stringing lines to be painted. If done right it could take 2 people an hour.

If you see a single guy with headphones on pushing a sprayer in a “straight” line, the field is guaranteed to stink.
                A squared + B squared = C squared is your friend.

Comment

Terribly drawn fields Reply to Thread

A squared + B squared = C squared is your friend.

You guys are all aware that the photos shown on google earth are not current photos right? Some of these photos can be 5-10 years old. Probably as old as you are...dummies.

Comment

You guys are all aware that the photos shown on google earth are not current photos right? Some of these photos can be 5-10 years old. Probably as old as you are...dummies.
                    And that means that weren't horribly crooked at the time?

Comment

Terribly drawn fields

And that means that weren't horribly crooked at the time?

It means they may not be that way right now dumb ass.

Comment

And that makes it less funny how?

Comment

Are you responsible for lining one of those fields; taking a tongue in cheek post way to personally "dummies" "dumb ass", what is the point with all of the hostility? Yes people who do your work, work hard, and are subject to limitations of the the tools provided, but still funny regardless.

Comment

Terribly drawn fields

And that makes it less funny how?

If the lines were painted like yesterday, this would be extremely funny. Since the photos posted here from google earth are are all probably 5-8 years old...i just don't see the point... Capeesh?

Comment

If the lines were painted like yesterday, this would be extremely funny. Since the photos posted here from google earth are are all probably 5-8 years old...i just don't see the point... Capeesh?
                              I understand that 5 years ago all people had to work with were hieroglyphic's, an abacus and ground frankincense when trying to line fields and just did the best they can. Not something to be mocked at all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X