Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please. RC only played when OTHER kids were injured. Enough, dad.
    Not his dad. He was on the injured list halfway through that term.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Not his dad. He was on the injured list halfway through that term.
      The injured list for hurt egos. No injury kept him off the field.

Comment

I'm the OP - I based everything on 50% of games played (not all games). In addition your're only helping make my point. Most of these all ISLs did not play D1 soccer. Most of these DA players did and the average playing was even higher (albeit with a much smaller sample size). My point is that on average, "ALL-ISL" does not mean really good soccer players. They're all D3 level players most of whom barely play even in D3!!!
        Oh--well now the formula is changing. So two starts out of four appearances is now a YES. Stop with the nonsense. And putting aside your premise that UConn is a better choice than Amherst College because D1 is all that matters, the numbers do not support your claim that these kids are "barely" playing--the vast majority are playing quite a bit, some on D1 teams and some on D3 teams.

Comment

Oh--well now the formula is changing. So two starts out of four appearances is now a YES. Stop with the nonsense. And putting aside your premise that UConn is a better choice than Amherst College because D1 is all that matters, the numbers do not support your claim that these kids are "barely" playing--the vast majority are playing quite a bit, some on D1 teams and some on D3 teams.
          I don't have a dog in this fight, but do "know" enough to acknowledge that any ISL kid going to any of these colleges, either D1 or D3, to play or not, is WAY ahead in the game of life.

If some bitter person wants to poop his/her shorts about the soccer implications of an all-star list, well, that's on them. No need to get too close to that ****uation. Ah, nevermind, afterall, I did find this thread entertaining.

Comment

No one's saying that D1 is all that matters. What the OP IS saying is that MOST of these All-ISL'ers play at a lower level (D3) and many still don't get much playing time. Do your own research. "Much playing time" to some may mean 10 minutes per game but to most it means starting most of their games. Comparing to the revs who are all playing D1 (and the few that play D3 are getting a ton of playing time) proves the OP's point even more! Sheesh - you folks are refusing to acknowledge the obvious. Ego getting in the way?

Comment

No one's saying that D1 is all that matters. What the OP IS saying is that MOST of these All-ISL'ers play at a lower level (D3) and many still don't get much playing time. Do your own research. "Much playing time" to some may mean 10 minutes per game but to most it means starting most of their games. Comparing to the revs who are all playing D1 (and the few that play D3 are getting a ton of playing time) proves the OP's point even more! Sheesh - you folks are refusing to acknowledge the obvious. Ego getting in the way?
              Your ego is getting in the way. Your "facts" are simply not true as shown through this thread.

Comment

Your ego is getting in the way. Your "facts" are simply not true as shown through this thread.
                Revs parent failed at getting his kid into the ISL. So obvious, now slamming ALL- ISL recipients. Reality check, your Revs kid isn't top tier and no preps really were drooling over him.

Comment

Was thinking about sending my son to ISL next year but you people are nutso.

Comment

Was thinking about sending my son to ISL next year but you people are nutso.
                    Just one.

Comment

The Final Analysis

Not the OP but I was curious so I checked his/her work. I found some mistakes mainly

JOB is playing much
                      DM is playing much

************************************************** ****************
                      So here are the results (drums please?)

Out of the 32 all-ISLs in 2016

7 (22%) went D1 and 3 out of the 7 (43%) are playing much - not bad!!

15 (47%) went D3 and 8 out of the 15 (53%) are playing much - not bad too!!

3 chose other sports

7 are either not in college or not playing a college sport (as far as I can tell)

...so there you go and You're Welcome.

************************************************** **************

If you want to see the raw data it is shown below:

D1
                      Munch Daniel BB&N Northastern yes started in 12/17 games played
                      Lage Marcelo Brooks GW yes
                      Stevens Andrew Brooks Columbia yes
                      Bryant Ben Roxbury Latin Harvard no 0/4
                      Ranieri Matt Nobles Dartmouth no 3/16 in 2016 5/15 in 2018
                      Roberts Jack Nobles Princeton no played 2 games started in 1
                      Leigh Matt St. Mark's Penn no did not start, got minutes in 15 games
                      ************************************************** *******************

D3
                      Martini Augie Lawrence Academy Hobart yes
                      Kaba Adama St. Sebastian's Northeastern yes
                      Barsamian Raffi St. Sebastian's Middlebury yes
                      Kingston Chris Belmont Hill Bowdoin yes
                      Ranieri Nick Nobles Williams yes
                      McPherron Max Nobles Bowdoin yes
                      O'Brien Jack Milton Amherst yes
                      Sheehan Jack Milton Hamilton yes

Mukala Isaac Lawrence Academy Brandeis no - started in 2 / 12 games played
                      Sloan Liam Middlesex Middlebury no played 1 game / did not start
                      Hawkins Paul Rivers Colby no 1/5
                      Steele Dylan Brooks Amherst no 2017 1/6 2018 0/5
                      Chaban Alex Brooks Bowdoin no 4/16
                      Garner Christian Brooks BC no 0/1
                      Schmitz Cole St. Mark's Wash U (D3) no 2018 started 1/8 games played 2017 did not start. played in 4 games

Different Sport
                      Cronin Robbie Belmont Hill Baseball
                      Sanderson James Middlesex Hamilton Lacrosse
                      Garrity-Rokous Gavin Middlesex Georgetown Lacrosse

************************************************** ************

Not playing in college or not in college as far as I can tell

Talcott Andrew Roxbury Latin URichmond URichmond does not have a mens soccer program
                      Reiss Alec Groton
                      Kaba Soree St. Sebastian's
                      Gordon Cam Belmont Hill
                      Quintin Luke Milton
                      Pike Darren St. Mark's
                      Harrison Ross BB&N no

Comment

Not the OP but I was curious so I checked his/her work. I found some mistakes mainly

JOB is playing much
                        DM is playing much

************************************************** ****************
                        So here are the results (drums please?)

3 chose other sports

7 are either not in college or not playing a college sport (as far as I can tell)

...so there you go and You're Welcome.

If you want to see the raw data it is shown below:

D1
                        Munch Daniel BB&N Northastern yes started in 12/17 games played
                        Lage Marcelo Brooks GW yes
                        Stevens Andrew Brooks Columbia yes
                        Bryant Ben Roxbury Latin Harvard no 0/4
                        Ranieri Matt Nobles Dartmouth no 3/16 in 2016 5/15 in 2018
                        Roberts Jack Nobles Princeton no played 2 games started in 1
                        Leigh Matt St. Mark's Penn no did not start, got minutes in 15 games
                        ************************************************** *******************

D3
                        Martini Augie Lawrence Academy Hobart yes
                        Kaba Adama St. Sebastian's Northeastern yes
                        Barsamian Raffi St. Sebastian's Middlebury yes
                        Kingston Chris Belmont Hill Bowdoin yes
                        Ranieri Nick Nobles Williams yes
                        McPherron Max Nobles Bowdoin yes
                        O'Brien Jack Milton Amherst yes
                        Sheehan Jack Milton Hamilton yes

Mukala Isaac Lawrence Academy Brandeis no - started in 2 / 12 games played
                        Sloan Liam Middlesex Middlebury no played 1 game / did not start
                        Hawkins Paul Rivers Colby no 1/5
                        Steele Dylan Brooks Amherst no 2017 1/6 2018 0/5
                        Chaban Alex Brooks Bowdoin no 4/16
                        Garner Christian Brooks BC no 0/1
                        Schmitz Cole St. Mark's Wash U (D3) no 2018 started 1/8 games played 2017 did not start. played in 4 games

Different Sport
                        Cronin Robbie Belmont Hill Baseball
                        Sanderson James Middlesex Hamilton Lacrosse
                        Garrity-Rokous Gavin Middlesex Georgetown Lacrosse

************************************************** ************

Not playing in college or not in college as far as I can tell

Talcott Andrew Roxbury Latin URichmond URichmond does not have a mens soccer program
                        Reiss Alec Groton
                        Kaba Soree St. Sebastian's
                        Gordon Cam Belmont Hill
                        Quintin Luke Milton
                        Pike Darren St. Mark's
                        Harrison Ross BB&N no
                        No, the "Final Analysis" is that you're angry your kid wasn't chosen ALL-ISL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          No, the "Final Analysis" is that you're angry your kid wasn't chosen ALL-ISL.
                          I am just impressed that he has the time to track this. That’s a lot of work.

Comment

I am just impressed that he has the time to track this. That’s a lot of work.
                            It's a psyco Stepford wife.

Comment

3 chose other sports

Thanks. Good Analysis but pretty much what I expected to see from a prep school soccer league. I expect that the stats are certainly better than those from the top 16 public High Schools in MA. With regard to DAP, tough to compare because most of those kids have a different mindset and academics is not as important a factor as landing a top D1 soccer school (IMO).

Comment

With regard to DAP, tough to compare because most of those kids have a different mindset and academics is not as important a factor as landing a top D1 soccer school (IMO).
                                Agreed. Most public school kids can't get into a UVA or Stanford.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X