Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Top teams in the state for sure, know many of the players through club. Would love to see scrimmage with some of the top isl schools, if for nothing else would be great for development.
    Brilliant I'm with you. I think I might have the blueprint. Champions League.
    Top 4 d1s
    Marlborough
    Brockton
    Wachusett
    Long meadow ( need to play nice with our western MA neighbors )
    Isl
    TBD
    Found raise for special Olympics or another non profit to be voted on later.

Comment

Top 4 d1s
      Marlborough
      Brockton
      Wachusett
      Isl
      TBD
      I don't know of this foreign land you call "Long meadow"...are those our native american friends in western MA. Good grief dude.

Comment

I don't know of this foreign land you call "Long meadow"...are those our native american friends in western MA. Good grief dude.
        Lighten up Francis "Good grief " or should we call you Charlie Brown

Comment

Top 4 d1s
          Marlborough
          Brockton
          Wachusett
          Isl
          TBD
          There is no true overall state champion - it would be interesting to see each of the 4 MIAA division champs play in one bracket, and the prep champs in another bracket, leading to a state championship final.

Comment

Schools like Berkshire have 19 year old PGs and recruit internationally. Their rosters include Right To Dream players and multiple international high level recruits. They consistently produce professional and D1 college players. Most of the ISL schools recruit top GPS and NEFC NPL boys as well as Bolts and Revs players on waivers or late season adds. Many of the coaches are recruited from top clubs and are paid considerably more than their public school counterparts.

Comment

Schools like Berkshire have 19 year old PGs and recruit internationally. Their rosters include Right To Dream players and multiple international high level recruits. They consistently produce professional and D1 college players. Most of the ISL schools recruit top GPS and NEFC NPL boys as well as Bolts and Revs players on waivers or late season adds. Many of the coaches are recruited from top clubs and are paid considerably more than their public school counterparts.

Define a "top GPS or NEFC player". What is that precisely? I get the less than handful waivered DAP players but top club players? Please, give me a break! Those are AVERAGE high school soccer players. Not difference makers on any club!

Comment

Define a "top GPS or NEFC player". What is that precisely? I get the less than handful waivered DAP players but top club players? Please, give me a break! Those are AVERAGE high school soccer players. Not difference makers on any club!
                What did you find confusing? The impact players. The starters. The most talented. The best teams in the state for boys (outside of the Bolts) are GPS and NEFC NPL teams. Many of the starters and high impact players in those teams are at schools like Rivers, Milton, Middlesex, etc. Apologies if this offended you in some way. These are simply facts.

Comment

Nobles only lost three seniors and have two former Revs players on the team as sophomores. One of which is the dangerous striker/winger current DAP Bolts player.
                  I agree that Nobles will be strong this year and finish higher in the table. BB&N got two starters from the GPS 2002’s that won US Club Nationals, Middlesex got a Right to Dream player from Ghana, and Rivers got 3 from the GPS 2003s, one of which is their top goal scorer. Any new NEFC or Valeo boys coming into the league?

My top five are:
                  Middlesex
                  Milton
                  Rivers
                  Belmont Hill
                  Nobles

Comment

Groton returns their best players. They have a lot of good Stars players and a good Stars coach.

Comment

What did you find confusing? The impact players. The starters. The most talented. The best teams in the state for boys (outside of the Bolts) are GPS and NEFC NPL teams. Many of the starters and high impact players in those teams are at schools like Rivers, Milton, Middlesex, etc. Apologies if this offended you in some way. These are simply facts.
                      I'm confused because the NPL players, be it GPS or NEFC, are not impact players. Fillers at best on those prep teams, role players if you will.

Comment

I agree that Nobles will be strong this year and finish higher in the table. BB&N got two starters from the GPS 2002’s that won US Club Nationals, Middlesex got a Right to Dream player from Ghana, and Rivers got 3 from the GPS 2003s, one of which is their top goal scorer. Any new NEFC or Valeo boys coming into the league?

My top five are:
                        Middlesex
                        Milton
                        Rivers
                        Belmont Hill
                        Nobles
                        Nobles will not crack the top 5.

Comment

Nobles will not crack the top 5.
                          Agreed, other teams will mark that one Nobles stud and it's an automatic shutdown. Careful though, he'll make you pay.

Comment

Agreed, other teams will mark that one Nobles stud and it's an automatic shutdown. Careful though, he'll make you pay.
                            How? With a profanity laden tirade and an elbow in the nose? He's been a great player for years but unstable emotionally.

Comment

How? With a profanity laden tirade and an elbow in the nose? He's been a great player for years but unstable emotionally.
                              Perfect, nothing says ISL student-athlete like a foul mouth and a bad temper.

Comment

I'm confused because the NPL players, be it GPS or NEFC, are not impact players. Fillers at best on those prep teams, role players if you will.
                                Wrong. Top scorer in the league last year was an NEFC NPL player. He is a freshman at UPenn now. Another top scorer was the NEFC player who is still at Rivers. The star Brooks player from last year, who led the team to the NEPSAC championship was a GPS NPL player. He is now a freshman at Columbia. And the dominant Milton team from a few years ago was loaded with GPS NPL players. There are certainly a few DAP waiver kids who are impact players in the league as well, but if you watch this league at all, its clear that the NEFC/GPS NPL kids are right there with them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X