Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many of the 74 players at $1m+ grew up in DA? How many were former european or south american players? He would likely have made far more money overall if he got a full ride to college and then a degree.
    probably very few played DA as to get paid that you're likely at least late 20s so DA really didn't exist while you were a youth player.

Comment

79 players make less that $60K
      83 makes 60.1 to $80K

You get the idea. The low paid guys aren't making a nickel on endorsements. There's a huge pay disparity gap in MLS soccer. At some clubs the top 3 players can account for 70% or more of a team's total salary. That is a sharp contrast to international tams where it's more often in the mid 30's. https://the18.com/soccer-news/mls-co...ers-salary-cap. Soccer also has the shortest average career span of any US sport, only 2.5 years https://www.americansocceranalysis.c...ingmlssalaries
      yeah I agree with that. it's like the MLS wants to seem like a top 4 league and pay their stars $100k per week, but then realizes it's more like the English Championship in total wage bills and scuffs the scrubs to make up the difference.

I took a quick look at Toronto, and Giovinco makes $7.1mm, while the rest of the entire team (excluding Bradley and Altidore) makes $7.5mm.

Comment

probably very few played DA as to get paid that you're likely at least late 20s so DA really didn't exist while you were a youth player.
        11 years in, MLS should be seeing a huge influx of DA players at this point where many of the kids would now be between 16 and 25.

Comment

11 years in, MLS should be seeing a huge influx of DA players at this point where many of the kids would now be between 16 and 25.
          yes, but they are the lower paid players. the response was directed toward how many of the $1mm+ players come from DA.

Comment

Nycfc

yes, but they are the lower paid players. the response was directed toward how many of the $1mm+ players come from DA.
            ratio wise and looking at the numbers......Looks like becoming a "pro" soccer player in us is not all its cracked up to be....what a waste.

Comment

ratio wise and looking at the numbers......Looks like becoming a "pro" soccer player in us is not all its cracked up to be....what a waste.
              I played professional for a couple of years. It def. was alot of fun but wasn't a career path. Plus i've had 3 knee surgeries and my back is probably next. It's the ultimate goal for any young player but in the US not long term.

Comment

Nycfc

I played professional for a couple of years. It def. was alot of fun but wasn't a career path. Plus i've had 3 knee surgeries and my back is probably next. It's the ultimate goal for any young player but in the US not long term.
                If the $$$$$$ is not there....whats the point of the "ultimate goal"?...what a waste.

Comment

If the $$$$$$ is not there....whats the point of the "ultimate goal"?...what a waste.
                  I agree and i was not good enough to play overseas and make some real money. It was alot of fun while it lasted but I couldn't make a career out of it.

Comment

Nycfc

I agree and i was not good enough to play overseas and make some real money. It was a lot of fun while it lasted but I couldn't make a career out of it.
                    I hear ya, In the end...what ever gets you laid by your future pretty wife and getting great kids in the process....than its all worth it, buddy. :)

Comment

Put it all together now ..... how many of the 74 players in MLS that earn more than $1M came from DA (as I posted originally)?????? Got it? .....

How many of the 74 players at $1m+ grew up in DA? How many were former european or south american players? He would likely have made far more money overall if he got a full ride to college and then a degree.

Comment

If you go into sales or service of any sort you have stories about having played professional sports to tell people before you have them fork over money. Thats about the best part.

Comment

NYCFC is done with the DA. Back to world class.

Comment

NYCFC is done with the DA. Back to world class.
                            DA is full of crap. They sold everyone pile of horse crap and ultimately screwed over hundreds of kids with false promises. Looking for the exit as we speak.

Comment

The DA crashed and burned. They will be no better than the NPL leagues. Penn Fusion and NEFC made the wrong calls. Both are left in the cold with horrible competition and a lot more travel.

Comment

The DA crashed and burned. They will be no better than the NPL leagues. Penn Fusion and NEFC made the wrong calls. Both are left in the cold with horrible competition and a lot more travel.
                                There are many clubs that will be left in the cold also if it does go away. Families are screwed, clubs are screwed, soccer isn't improving. Job well done USSF!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X