HS Boys 2018 Fall Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state final has a lesser impact for my final rankings than the other games in the tournament do. Reason #1, D-2 does't get the luxury of having a state final. Also, no real way to compare against other teams, since western and central plays games within their own region.

To be honest, I don't really get into the state final as much as I do with the other games. Just not always familiar with those central and west teams.

Comment

None

It seems though year after year the Bay State just comes through with he majority of the best teams. That is why that debate even exists. Is the Bay State best. Some programs are o top every year. But for periods of a few years. Braintree or Wellesley or Broookline are teh best. The league is a killer. And history shows it

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It seems though year after year the Bay State just comes through with he majority of the best teams. That is why that debate even exists. Is the Bay State best. Some programs are o top every year. But for periods of a few years. Braintree or Wellesley or Broookline are teh best. The league is a killer. And history shows it
        Lets look at history on the MIAA web site. From 2006 to 2017, for Braintree, Wellesley or Brookline - number appearances in the state final four - ONE in 2016 for Braintree.

Want to try again?

Comment

Anyone know when league all-stars come out? I want to take notes for which league all-star non-seniors are coming back to each team, so we can have a preseason ranking next year.

Comment

Wellesley returns a junior League MVP next season

Comment

The kid that scored ludlows game winner vs Wachusett with 10 seconds left in the game can strike a ball with pace and significant left to right bend. He is deadly 30 yards in. If you watch the video on Masslive Wachusett GK Thought it was going wide and gave up on it
              only for it to hit post and go in
              Really just a well executed play by Ludlow. It was a great shot BUT the keeper should have been covering the shot regardless. Too many players in the wall for a 30 yard shot.....I have seen both Wellesley and Ludlow play this season. Admittedly the first time I saw Ludlow was last night. They are excellent in the offensive end. Very talented on the ball. This will not be a blowout. I was extremely impressed with Wachusett forwards. They have a kid who is a beast upfront. I do think Wellesley wins, but don’t underestimate Ludlow.

Comment

The fact that Wellesley is in the final demonstrates that this year was extremely average. They are a nice team but can’t compare to teams’ that have won the south in the previous few years.

Comment

You clearly not have watched Wellesley. Wellesley has not lost or tied a game for since the mid of September and they play in the bay state. Have fun watching as your son sits at home.

Comment

You clearly not have watched Wellesley. Wellesley has not lost or tied a game for since the mid of September and they play in the bay state. Have fun watching as your son sits at home.
                    if Wellesley is so good does that mean Needham is also? The last game Wellesley lost was to Needham, and Wellesley barely got by Needham in round two.

Comment

if Wellesley is so good does that mean Needham is also? The last game Wellesley lost was to Needham, and Wellesley barely got by Needham in round two.
                      Needham was the second best team in the baystate and if they had beat Wellesley would be in the same position. Both of these teams were very good this year.

Comment

Ummm let me answer that... yes Needham is good. Wellesley is good. Wellesley best Weymouth in OT in round 1. Weymouth was a tough out. I would bet money if those teams were in different brackets the South Final 4 would’ve been Wellesley, BC High, Needham, and Weymouth. All three of those Baystate league teams are extremely well coached and get results in the tournament. It’s unlucky they played each other so early.

Comment

The fact that Wellesley is in the final demonstrates that this year was extremely average. They are a nice team but can’t compare to teams’ that have won the south in the previous few years.
                          Ya they only beat the north champion by three goals...

Comment

Actually saw them 3 times. Solid team but nowhere near as good as previous winners. Brockton ‘17 team were 3-4 goals better.

Comment

Reminds me of the nice little team of 4 or 5 years ago. Loaded with MPS kids then. How many GPS players on this team? I think coach is a GPS coach? Down years for boys HS soccer with Bolts players gone from BSL.

Comment

Ya they only beat the north champion by three goals...
                                That is damning with faint praise. North was no prize this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X