Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am so confused. What is this weirdo talking about?
    Must be some unresolved life issues.

Comment

Hey, all!

Does anyone know what the story is behind AB leaving the club?

Comment

I believe he and his wife moved out of state, maybe unrelated to soccer, he will land someplace good dude

Comment

I believe he and his wife moved out of state, maybe unrelated to soccer, he will land someplace good dude

https://www.gps-carolina.com/news_article/show/935176

Comment

I think someone here said something about looming new "partnerships" recently.

Well, an email just went out announcing "a strategic partnership with South Shore Select" and a "collaboration with FC Boston Bolts."

No details about what this means for any of the clubs involved.

Comment

I think someone here said something about looming new "partnerships" recently.

Well, an email just went out announcing "a strategic partnership with South Shore Select" and a "collaboration with FC Boston Bolts."

No details about what this means for any of the clubs involved.
              post the email

Comment

From Aztec facebook page.

Effective Immediately: We are delighted to announce that Aztec Soccer has joined in a strategic partnership with South Shore Select and a collaboration with FC Boston Bolts for the benefit of all of our players. This partnership will work cooperatively to improve club best practices, improve player development, provide additional opportunities and improved platforms for player showcasing, as well as tournament and league support. We are very excited about the short term opportunities this will bring our players and the long term potential of this collaboration for the club. #WeAreAztec

Comment

looks like 1 year was a little longer than I said in July. Remaining 3 items are all still in play. There is another merger coming folks

guess I was right now wasn't I....now the ecnl application will be official

Comment

guess I was right now wasn't I....now the ecnl application will be official
                    You should play tje lottery... Well if they do get an ECNL license it wont be on the merits of the Aztecs (as they are horrible) and needed help from everyone else to sirvive.. Won't be many players from the north contributing to those teams..

Comment

You should play tje lottery... Well if they do get an ECNL license it wont be on the merits of the Aztecs (as they are horrible) and needed help from everyone else to sirvive.. Won't be many players from the north contributing to those teams..

we are talking years to field competitive teams and a ton of money. Aztec is blowing fairy dust around.

Comment

Good for Aztecs... ECNL way better than GDAP.

Comment

We know your kid won't make it.

Comment

Nice to see Aztec going in the right direction again. There are a lot of good players and coaches up there. They just have been too spread out. Looks like that's starting to change for the better. Good for them.

Comment

Nice to see Aztec going in the right direction again. There are a lot of good players and coaches up there. They just have been too spread out. Looks like that's starting to change for the better. Good for them.
                              I am a bit confused. How can spreading out more, first into New Hampshire and Boston and now with clubs operating out of the south shore, help a club you feel was already too spread out?

The root of Aztecs' problem is another club operating on the north shore has much better coaching and offers a much better training and development soccer environment than Aztecs. Most of the coaches in that club were driven away by Aztecs during the GC dark years. NEFC-NS have set a new standard for player development on the north shore and now Aztec is, at best, the second-tier soccer club in the area.

I think Aztecs have realized this and are doing what they can to correct this self-made mess. However, the only real solution to the talent drain is to get the good coaches they drove away back from NEFC-NS and hope the good players will follow.

Getting involved with SSS and FC Boston Bolts will make Aztecs a supplier of what little soccer talent remains to SSS and FC Boston Bolts top teams. It might provide an ECNL path, but it comes with a long drive through the Boston traffic to get to practices three times each week. This make no sense to me.

Time will tell what happens in the end, but the bottom line of the recent news is that the new direction is completely driven by desperation. Aztecs finally realize they have lost the north shore and are looking for a new direction. That is clear.

Comment

I am a bit confused. How can spreading out more, first into New Hampshire and Boston and now with clubs operating out of the south shore, help a club you feel was already too spread out?

The root of Aztecs' problem is another club operating on the north shore has much better coaching and offers a much better training and development soccer environment than Aztecs. Most of the coaches in that club were driven away by Aztecs during the GC dark years. NEFC-NS have set a new standard for player development on the north shore and now Aztec is, at best, the second-tier soccer club in the area.

I think Aztecs have realized this and are doing what they can to correct this self-made mess. However, the only real solution to the talent drain is to get the good coaches they drove away back from NEFC-NS and hope the good players will follow.

Getting involved with SSS and FC Boston Bolts will make Aztecs a supplier of what little soccer talent remains to SSS and FC Boston Bolts top teams. It might provide an ECNL path, but it comes with a long drive through the Boston traffic to get to practices three times each week. This make no sense to me.

Time will tell what happens in the end, but the bottom line of the recent news is that the new direction is completely driven by desperation. Aztecs finally realize they have lost the north shore and are looking for a new direction. That is clear.
                                Disclosure - We are an NEFC NS family, but did not come from Aztec originally and have no connection to Aztec coaches nor do we feel the bitterness that many of these NEFC NS families seem to feel towards Aztec. I don't think the players are lousy nor do the coaches suck. I don't know why NEFC NS families keep saying this. We just happen to really like our coaches at NEFC NS as well as the teammates and we are happy there. It's a very well run program. But we also realize that this is all a business and someday we may be looking for other opportunities that we can't find at NEFC NS. Competition is good for all. I say good this soccer merge, SSS is a very solid program and may be able instill some of that in the north shore. Keep the options open, lose the bitterness and be thankful :-)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X