All-State

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think the schedulers need to look at having all teams play each other in a division as much as possible. It is hard for coaches to vote on players they never see. It’s easier for forwards and goalies who have some stats, but tougher for defenders and midfielders to be judged without seeing them play.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I also think the schedulers need to look at having all teams play each other in a division as much as possible. It is hard for coaches to vote on players they never see. It’s easier for forwards and goalies who have some stats, but tougher for defenders and midfielders to be judged without seeing them play.
      Agreed but stats may not come into play at all teams either. One D1 girls goalkeepers team gave up over 100 goals and got recognized while the goalie with the least amount of goals against did not.

There are many factors that probably come into play but my guess would be the coaches probably get it close.

Comment

Agreed but stats may not come into play at all teams either. One D1 girls goalkeepers team gave up over 100 goals and got recognized while the goalie with the least amount of goals against did not.

There are many factors that probably come into play but my guess would be the coaches probably get it close.
        The DI girls goalie recognized whose team gave up 100 goals is there as a result of every team had to be represented by at least 1 player. My GUESS - not knowing the D1 girls nomination ballot - is that the coach of that team only put her name on the nomination ballot.

Comment

The DI girls goalie recognized whose team gave up 100 goals is there as a result of every team had to be represented by at least 1 player. My GUESS - not knowing the D1 girls nomination ballot - is that the coach of that team only put her name on the nomination ballot.
          Do you feel better about yourself now?

Comment

Keene girls was not represented

Comment

Merrimack was't represented

Comment

Merrimack was't represented
                Yes they were, but not their best player, and the Coach of the year was from Merrimack too..

Comment

Your guess is wrong, She is very good goalie. On a mediocre team. if you have seen her play you know why she was picked,

Comment

Your guess is wrong, She is very good goalie. On a mediocre team. if you have seen her play you know why she was picked,
                    I think you need check the definition of mediocre. That team was not ordinary or average.
                    0-16, 122 GA, 5 GF. That’s almost 8 goals against per game. She may be good goalie but that is not good stats.

Comment

I think you need check the definition of mediocre. That team was not ordinary or average.
                      0-16, 122 GA, 5 GF. That’s almost 8 goals against per game. She may be good goalie but that is not good stats.
                      I am sure she is a capable keeper. If I'm the coach of a horrible team and my keeper sees 25+ shots on goal taken per game (which was the norm for that team) and she allows 4 or 5... she probably gets my only spot on my nomination ballot and I would want her recognized for withstanding that type of pressure.

That team has NO offense and NO defense in front of her.

Comment

Keene girls was not represented
                        Keene girls coach did not submit a nomination ballot to recognize any of their players. Coaches still have to submit a nomination ballot to get at least one player recognized.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2378906]Keene girls coach did not submit a nomination ballot to recognize any of their players. Coaches still have to submit a nomination ballot to get at least one player recognized.[/QUOTE

That is not supporting your players and despite the record should never happen. Not saying any player should or should not achieve all state recognition but shame on that coach for not even submitting (if accurate).

Comment

I am sure she is a capable keeper. If I'm the coach of a horrible team and my keeper sees 25+ shots on goal taken per game (which was the norm for that team) and she allows 4 or 5... she probably gets my only spot on my nomination ballot and I would want her recognized for withstanding that type of pressure.

That team has NO offense and NO defense in front of her.
                            This will always be tough. Unless you see the keeper in action, you can only look at stats and it looks bad for her.

I was a keeper and have had games where I felt I was the best player out there but still lost 4-1 after making a good 8-10 quality saves. Tough position at times.

Comment

On the flip side Central's keeper only gave up 5 goals. And only 5 last year. So maybe sometime stats should come into play.

Comment

On the flip side Central's keeper only gave up 5 goals. And only 5 last year. So maybe sometime stats should come into play.
                                She also has the best midfield and defense in DI soccer in front of her....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X