X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    tremendous track record.... of having obnoxious DOC, choaches and parents that like to toot their own horn, instead of letting the play just speak for itself (oh wait I have watched and THUSC does a good job of making the Beautiful Game look cheap. Making players do laps for not telling the ref it is their ball). So wonder why this club gets talked about in negative way, keep starting the talk, and others will finish it.

Running laps for not telling the ref it is their ball??? What in the hell are you talking about? Now you are just spreading crap around, not very dignified whoever you are. I am not a Mercury parent, but my daughter is very happy on another team with THUSC. I am very impressed with how active Tom is as a DOC. Coming from another club where I don't think the DOC ever touched the soccer field, went to a practice or any game, we have been very impressed with how present he is on the field. You can say whatever you want about Tom and the THUSC coaches (obviously you already are), but I have been very happy with how the club is being run and have seen a high level of integrity from the staff since moving to THUSC. And you criticize us parents for "tooting our own horn"? You are right, I am not ashamed to say that I am very proud of all the girls at U12, U13, U14, U15 and U16 who are advancing next weekend to the finals. I wish them and all of their coaches the best!

Comment

exactly

Oh please.. 1 game does not show any of the teams. THUSC got lucky, like they always do.
      "Like they ALWAYS do"???? Doesn't sound like luck to me!

Comment

Give credit where credit is due. Mercury turned it around. I watched the Semi. 3-2 Mercury over OSA. Tough loss on a very bad OSA own goal and another THUSC goal on an OSA goal kick that went directly to a THUSC player. So there was an element of luck but that is soccer.

The last time these teams played it was 5-1 OSA. This is an quite a turn around for THUSC and while OSA had the edge in the first half , THUSC was better in the second half. Physical but fair play from both teams.

The finals should be fun.

Comment

tremendous track record.... of having obnoxious DOC, choaches and parents that like to toot their own horn, instead of letting the play just speak for itself (oh wait I have watched and THUSC does a good job of making the Beautiful Game look cheap. Making players do laps for not telling the ref it is their ball). So wonder why this club gets talked about in negative way, keep starting the talk, and others will finish it.
          Agreed. I have never seen such bad mouthing on the field and baltant disrespect for the ref's from players, parents and the coach (Tom) as I did last weekend. The ref actually threatened to call the game if the THUSC Mercury parents didn't control their behavior. The girls then applauded their parent group, appalling. If my daughter acted that way on the field, I would personally walk out there and pull her off the field by her ponytail.

Comment

Running laps for not telling the ref it is their ball??? What in the hell are you talking about? Now you are just spreading crap around, not very dignified whoever you are. I am not a Mercury parent, but my daughter is very happy on another team with THUSC. I am very impressed with how active Tom is as a DOC. Coming from another club where I don't think the DOC ever touched the soccer field, went to a practice or any game, we have been very impressed with how present he is on the field. You can say whatever you want about Tom and the THUSC coaches (obviously you already are), but I have been very happy with how the club is being run and have seen a high level of integrity from the staff since moving to THUSC. And you criticize us parents for "tooting our own horn"? You are right, I am not ashamed to say that I am very proud of all the girls at U12, U13, U14, U15 and U16 who are advancing next weekend to the finals. I wish them and all of their coaches the best!
            If you aren't a Mercury parent, how the hell would you know if they ran laps for this reason or not?? Funny.....

Comment

Agreed. I have never seen such bad mouthing on the field and baltant disrespect for the ref's from players, parents and the coach (Tom) as I did last weekend. The ref actually threatened to call the game if the THUSC Mercury parents didn't control their behavior. The girls then applauded their parent group, appalling. If my daughter acted that way on the field, I would personally walk out there and pull her off the field by her ponytail.
              Not to defend this THUSC team because the parents are really bad. We have seen them over the years and everyone in the league knows this team as having really bad parents BUT, you have not accurately described what happened. I saw it.

The THUSC coach, walked all the way across the field after a yellow card was issued, not sure to which team, and told his parents to be quiet, saying "Be quiet. I don't know what you are saying but stop saying it". The ref may have asked for this or the coach may have done it because he knows what the problem is; it doesn't matter. The fact is that he stood up to the parents, which is what everyone needed, especially the players.

The girls applauded The coach for doing this as he passed them on his way back to the bench. They did NOT applaud the parents. These parents are psychotic and if the girls are negatively affected by their parents irresponsible behavior, you really can't blame them. In fact I feel sorry for them.

The girls applauded the fact that someone stood up to THEIR OWN PARENTS. Give them some credit for that. And give The coach credit too.

I wish them luck this weekend even though they beat my daughter's team. Luck also to their opponents, LO Defeeters, who are a good and fair team.

Comment

super funny

If you aren't a Mercury parent, how the hell would you know if they ran laps for this reason or not?? Funny.....
                Yeah, still not a Mercury parent, like I said in my original post, my daugher plays for another THUSC team. But you must be one yourself since you know what really happened. Super funny....

Comment

Not to defend this THUSC team because the parents are really bad. We have seen them over the years and everyone in the league knows this team as having really bad parents BUT, you have not accurately described what happened. I saw it.

The THUSC coach, walked all the way across the field after a yellow card was issued, not sure to which team, and told his parents to be quiet, saying "Be quiet. I don't know what you are saying but stop saying it". The ref may have asked for this or the coach may have done it because he knows what the problem is; it doesn't matter. The fact is that he stood up to the parents, which is what everyone needed, especially the players.

The girls applauded The coach for doing this as he passed them on his way back to the bench. They did NOT applaud the parents. These parents are psychotic and if the girls are negatively affected by their parents irresponsible behavior, you really can't blame them. In fact I feel sorry for them.

The girls applauded the fact that someone stood up to THEIR OWN PARENTS. Give them some credit for that. And give The coach credit too.

I wish them luck this weekend even though they beat my daughter's team. Luck also to their opponents, LO Defeeters, who are a good and fair team.
                  Yellow card was to THUSC girl for her continued bad mouthing of the ref. The Thusc coach WAS told by the ref he would call the game if he didn't tell his parents to knock it off. The coach did not do that on his own accord.

Comment

Yellow card was to THUSC girl for her continued bad mouthing of the ref. The Thusc coach WAS told by the ref he would call the game if he didn't tell his parents to knock it off. The coach did not do that on his own accord.
                    Wrong. The coach did do this on his own. He has several times and has had several meetings with this group of parents about their behavior. There is no doubt that the parents on that team are crazy and the DOC did a wonderful job coming over and telling them to be quiet. Please stop spreading rumors just because you don't like the club.

Comment

Sorry, that's not how it went down

> Wrong. The coach did do this on his own

Sorry, I was there. The ref stopped the game, told Tom to come over to the sideline and warn the parents.

Tom walked over, and very non-chalantly said "I guess I'm supposed to tell you to be quiet. So there, I said it". Then he shrugged his shoulders and walked back. It really showed his disdain for the ref, and I was embarrased for the club.

Comment

Sorry, I was there. The ref stopped the game, told Tom to come over to the sideline and warn the parents.

Tom walked over, and very non-chalantly said "I guess I'm supposed to tell you to be quiet. So there, I said it". Then he shrugged his shoulders and walked back. It really showed his disdain for the ref, and I was embarrased for the club.
                        Strange, I was there as well and that is not how it went down at all. Tom was quite upset with the parents from what I saw.

Please don't let your hatred for the club cloud your vision.

Comment

This is in fact exactly what happened, and exactly what he said.

Comment

He said, she said, blah blah blah.

I would like to know more about the ref's interaction with the parents. Now I remember at U12 we used get loud but at no time was a game ever stopped and our coached ask (or came over on her own accord) to come tells us to pipe down. Did the ref warn them? Did the AR say anything? Were they yelling at the opposing players? Their players? the officiating group? This kind of behavior fascinates me in adults and would really like to read more.
                            Looks like I know what game I'm watching Saturday! lol!

Comment

The person that is defending Mr Red Card has a daughter on that team I believe. Explains a lot

Comment

The person that is defending Mr Red Card has a daughter on that team I believe. Explains a lot
                                ya think?? hahah

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X