Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DA Bubble

I mean that in every sense of the world.

DA, especially pay-to-play DA, is the realm of the upper middle class. European luxury cars drop wealthy kids off at distant training grounds. If you can't afford the fees, travel or time necessary you can't join the fraternity. It's an echo chamber on the sidelines. The clubs and coaches take the easy way out and let the moneyed come to them rather than making accommodations for the best players in the state.

The DA bubble appears ready to burst in Massachusetts when it comes to college commitments as well. Fees are increasing. Travel will increase. Quality on the field is down. Prep school is offering a multifaceted alternative. ECNL and NPL are placing more players in college. The USMNT is a travesty. National Team call ups are drying up for Massachusetts kids. Smart parents are doing the math.

What do you think the long term prognosis is for DA?

Hate to break it to you, you could replace DA with ECNL or Prep School throughout that entire post and it would be accurate. Your agenda is showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hate to break it to you, you could replace DA with ECNL or Prep School throughout that entire post and it would be accurate. Your agenda is showing.
      Except ECNL and Prep involve high school soccer for the players.

Prep is obviously more bubbled than DA, but not by much.

Comment

Except ECNL and Prep involve high school soccer for the players.

Prep is obviously more bubbled than DA, but not by much.
        Not by much, considering almost every prep school has at least one dirt poor brilliant soccer player from Africa on its team.

Comment

Not by much, considering almost every prep school has at least one dirt poor brilliant soccer player from Africa on its team.
          Look around. They are a few all-white prep teams for your little Trump boy.

Comment

Look around. They are a few all-white prep teams for your little Trump boy.
            Why on earth would you assume this? Quite the opposite, we are very close to the Right To Dream program.

Comment

bolts da going up $1k next year talk about pay to play

Comment

Put it this way bubble maybe but I think there's always going to be someone willing to pay the price.
                Let's face it though how many kids from DA teams are playing on the national team?
                Maybe a few play in the MLS but it's the MLS. If your kid is good send them overseas and have them train there.

Comment

Put it this way bubble maybe but I think there's always going to be someone willing to pay the price.
                  Let's face it though how many kids from DA teams are playing on the national team?
                  Maybe a few play in the MLS but it's the MLS. If your kid is good send them overseas and have them train there.
                  No, read the Revs thread tragedy. Just amazing what parents will do to their kids.

Comment

No, read the Revs thread tragedy. Just amazing what parents will do to their kids.
                    Not sure what this means but I hope you realize your 95% of the comments on the Revs thread are not from Revs people.

Comment

Not sure what this means but I hope you realize your 95% of the comments on the Revs thread are not from Revs people.
                      95% of Revs parents are crazy.

Comment

The Revs thread is parents whose kids were cut, ones who didn’t make it, and the Bolts. Many posters are in two of those categories.

Comment

The Revs thread is parents whose kids were cut, ones who didn’t make it, and the Bolts. Many posters are in two of those categories.
                          I’m with you every week on the sideline. Only clueless or insecure parents that need the ego boost are content at the Revs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X