Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry. Not true this year. I know of at least two teams in the DA/ECNL/NPL category that are NOT giving out contracts prior to the season ending, as the coach(es) have said as much to the players.
    Ok you know two teams. Big whoop. More importantly, just because "contracts" might not be handed out yet that doesn't mean clubs aren't having conversations with families about their plans and commitment for next year. In the high school years, especially higher level teams, there isn't much movement. But pre U15 there's always a great deal. Clubs want to know how who will be there, how many spots left etc

Comment

NEFC is sending out invites to players they don't even have.
      My son did a clinic last year and we got an e-mail saying he made the elite team . We never tried out?

Comment

Regional teams on the South Shore are sending them as well
        That is sad. All that means is the club is afraid of losing their best players to another (better) team. My son's club does not send early offers as they do not want to upset anyone not getting one. If a player wants to leave the assumption is they will leave. If the club is doing their job and the player enjoys it they will want to stay

Comment

That is sad. All that means is the club is afraid of losing their best players to another (better) team. My son's club does not send early offers as they do not want to upset anyone not getting one. If a player wants to leave the assumption is they will leave. If the club is doing their job and the player enjoys it they will want to stay
          And if a club is doing its job they are letting bubble players know their spot is in jeopardy and they better have a backup plan. If clubs were more upfront with parents then fewer would be scrambling last minute, angry at the old club and possibly make a bad choice. Parents are lousy talent evaluators, especially when it comes to their own kids

Comment

My son did a clinic last year and we got an e-mail saying he made the elite team . We never tried out?
            He must have made quite an impression at that clinic...or you wrote your e-mail address legibly on the "medical waiver" they data-mined.

Comment

Your team doesn’t want to send out pre-offers because they are worried about upsetting players???? What kind of Pollyanna club is this? Not one that can be very strong, as they are apt to lose their top players every year to clubs that give them an early offer.

Here’s the deal. We all know why these clubs do pre-offers. It’s a an evil necessity to lock up your current or new best players as soon as they can because that is what the competition is doing. At the higher levels, no coach is waiting until their tryouts to fill their entire roster. Those days are gone like it or not. Tryouts are for a coach to decide on their last few spots, either their current bubble players, guest bubble players and any new talent that might show up and impress during the tryouts. If your club/team is not doing this, it is because they are either a smaller club with highly loyal players, or you are on a regional B team. If you are on a top team (NPL/ECNL/DA) and haven’t received your contract yet, you are either a bubble player or already cut and just don’t know it yet. Hopefully your current coach has given you some feedback to prepare yourself for your back-up plan, but sometimes they don’t. If you haven’t heard anything ... I would ask, and ask quickly.

Comment

Almost all the South Shore clubs doing the same and they all have a 48 hour "deadline"

Comment

Almost all the South Shore clubs doing the same and they all have a 48 hour "deadline"
                  Email them back and tell them you'll pay them half price or go somewhere else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X