Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep, NEFC were 'national champs' but not MA champs, couldn't beat Valeo.
    Well... First off, they were NPL National Champions, which means they won the NEP NPL League here, and then beat all other NPL league winners from the rest of the country. That doesn’t mean they were undefeated on season, or did not lose games to other NPL teams at any time. Manchester City won the Premier League, but they could not beat Liverpool. Doesn’t
    mean the title isn’t valid.

Comment

Well... First off, they were NPL National Champions, which means they won the NEP NPL League here, and then beat all other NPL league winners from the rest of the country. That doesn’t mean they were undefeated on season, or did not lose games to other NPL teams at any time. Manchester City won the Premier League, but they could not beat Liverpool. Doesn’t
      mean the title isn’t valid.
      Not worthwhile to get into it. The debate would essentially be does beating the other npl teams constitute being a national championship. An unrecconcilable debate is bound to ensue. I’d avoid the man city comparisons. Enjoy the trip

Comment

Not worthwhile to get into it. The debate would essentially be does beating the other npl teams constitute being a national championship. An unrecconcilable debate is bound to ensue. I’d avoid the man city comparisons. Enjoy the trip
        It constitutes being the NPL National Champion, which is exactly what it’s called. Nothing to debate.

Comment

It constitutes being the NPL National Champion, which is exactly what it’s called. Nothing to debate.
          Good to include npl in the statement.

Comment

Good to include npl in the statement.
            Why is it nice? That’s what it’s called. You are the one creating the straw man that it claims to be something more than it is, just so you can mock it.

Comment

Why is it nice? That’s what it’s called. You are the one creating the straw man that it claims to be something more than it is, just so you can mock it.
              No, to be honest not sure what drew me to ts today(bad mood I guess). I don’t think the time $ or effort it takes to accomplish the goal should be mocked. I was relaying why it turns into a debate which I have seen and why people do mock some of the spin surrounding it.

It’s nice because it is exactly what it is. Now if people want to debate the merits of it I think the time could be better spent but there could be valid points on both sides. I’ve heard both sides.

That being said if this summer my friend whose son didn’t make dap says he’s the national champ. I’ll smile and nod but know a debate could be had. To think I need to create fictional people who question the...merits of the trip is silly. Even if it was the highest level and unquestionably the best tournament in the country or world for that matter people would still hate and mock it.

But again, have a good trip. Part of me thinks I would have loved it and thinks it would have been worth it.

Comment

Yep, NEFC were 'national champs' but not MA champs, couldn't beat Valeo.
                Imagine it like this. NEFC win the Champions League (NPL Finals) and the Premier League (NEP). Valeo win the FA cup (MA cup). Obviously this is oversimplified with USYS, ECNL, and DA not included, but this is the best way to explain it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X