Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are new to the area. We also found a real good club so that is not why I'm here.The problem is the way my daughter is being utilized. She is 13 and clearly the best player on the field. The problem is her coach puts her at center mid most of the time, The result? She creates multiple scoring chances for the small speedy forwards who score most of the goals and get all of the glory. To make matters worse once they get ahead a couple of goals he puts her back on D to shut down the other team. They are winning a lot but I'm worried her chance of getting a full ride at a good school will be overlooked because of this.
    Tell her to go to Nobles, The U15s on the lacrosse team will happily give her a full ride at a good school

Comment

We are new to the area. We also found a real good club so that is not why I'm here.The problem is the way my daughter is being utilized. She is 13 and clearly the best player on the field. The problem is her coach puts her at center mid most of the time, The result? She creates multiple scoring chances for the small speedy forwards who score most of the goals and get all of the glory. To make matters worse once they get ahead a couple of goals he puts her back on D to shut down the other team. They are winning a lot but I'm worried her chance of getting a full ride at a good school will be overlooked because of this.
      Move your family again.

Comment

Move your family again.
        I didn't want to laugh at this but I couldn't help myself.

Comment

If you don't think playing center mid is critical and that college coaches don't value that, then you know nothing about the game. And if your objective is a full ride, then you are in for a rude awakening.
          I thought the top scorers were the best players!

Comment

Perfect, write some articles and submit to NESJ. You'll be published!

Comment

Guess what you people are bashing the OP but Pele, Messi, Ronaldo were /areall forwards, NOT center-mids! He should be concerned!

Comment

Pay the coach an extra 2k. It works best!

Comment

Pay the coach an extra 2k. It works best!
                  Or have her mom be manager especially if she's hot then the sky's the limit!

Comment

Interesting conundrum we have here. It really comes down to the question, do we want to score more goals or give up less goals?

Comment

Same thing happened to my daughter...I complained to the coach so much he moved her to forward. She is now scoring tons of goals but we are now losing. I am now looking for a stronger club that could use a prolific scorer.

Comment

Same thing happened to my daughter...I complained to the coach so much he moved her to forward. She is now scoring tons of goals but we are now losing. I am now looking for a stronger club that could use a prolific scorer.
                        I surely hope this is sarcasm....

Comment

This is a classic move.

Comment

I heard the Stars are looking!

Comment

My kid got moved to forward...she scored 4 goals yesterday but now middle field is like a sieve and we got crushed....I feel your pain!

Comment

My kid got moved to forward...she scored 4 goals yesterday but now middle field is like a sieve and we got crushed....I feel your pain!
                                Move her to keeper...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X