Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid is in wrong position

We are new to the area. We also found a real good club so that is not why I'm here.The problem is the way my daughter is being utilized. She is 13 and clearly the best player on the field. The problem is her coach puts her at center mid most of the time, The result? She creates multiple scoring chances for the small speedy forwards who score most of the goals and get all of the glory. To make matters worse once they get ahead a couple of goals he puts her back on D to shut down the other team. They are winning a lot but I'm worried her chance of getting a full ride at a good school will be overlooked because of this.

zzzzzzzzzz

Comment

I suggest she skip the forwards and shoot from 30-40yrds out.
      Who needs speed when you can fire a rocket shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        We are new to the area. We also found a real good club so that is not why I'm here.The problem is the way my daughter is being utilized. She is 13 and clearly the best player on the field. The problem is her coach puts her at center mid most of the time, The result? She creates multiple scoring chances for the small speedy forwards who score most of the goals and get all of the glory. To make matters worse once they get ahead a couple of goals he puts her back on D to shut down the other team. They are winning a lot but I'm worried her chance of getting a full ride at a good school will be overlooked because of this.
        Assuming this is satire? Hurrah !!

Comment

Teach her to cook and clean. Problem solved.

Comment

In your mind she doesn't get noticed,but a player who can control the ball,posesss and distribute passes is noticed.Weaker players can be hidden up front, not in the back.So again that's a compliment to her skill.Enjoy the game she's 13 .

Comment

In your mind she doesn't get noticed,but a player who can control the ball,posesss and distribute passes is noticed.Weaker players can be hidden up front, not in the back.So again that's a compliment to her skill.Enjoy the game she's 13 .
              Stop it.

Comment

Same problem with my father in the over 60 league...

Comment

Appreciate that she has a coach who recognizes her talent

Comment

You are the only one who thinks your d is the best one on the field.

Comment

In what league are you playing?

Comment

You are the only one who thinks your d is the best one on the field.
                        That's not true...many of the other parents tell me as well!

Comment

Because they know anything about soccer lmao

Comment

And what in your opinion is the right position for your daughter? Scoring goals is not indicative of the best kid of the field...

Comment

If you don't think playing center mid is critical and that college coaches don't value that, then you know nothing about the game. And if your objective is a full ride, then you are in for a rude awakening.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X