Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    AFAIK he is coaching younger kids this year - younger than 05s.
    Yes JD took all of the older teams away from him.

Comment

My daughter played for him and I thought the way he spoke to the kids was not ok. However, I happen to have a kid that isn't bothered by that (honestly the last "nice" coach she had was in 4th grade town soccer and she couldn't wait to be done with that "nice job" every five seconds bull). In general I think there is a problem with coaches not knowing how to coach - people are willing to forgive a lot if a coach is winning.

All that said, he was a good coach in terms of breaking down the other team. He always came with a confident and winning attitude. He knew how to get the girls to play their absolute best. We had a game last weekend that if he had been coaching we would have won hands down. He absolutely knows how to build a winning team so it's obvious why he would be an asset to a new club. So for all his faults he is good at a lot of parts of the game.

In terms of the lack of playing time that I saw mentioned on here - I think he is really a young kid, he is afraid of confrontation with parents. So he avoids conversations that probably should be happening during the season and then by the end parents and players can't understand why they aren't playing. (I am not going to argue the ins and outs of shared playing time, my child has been on both sides of it and I personally think that when you are playing at a certain level those standards just don't apply anymore.)

Comment

And screamed to no end at the kids when the lost to PDA?
        To his credit he did later apologize to them and admit that he had made coaching errors that lost them that game. It should have been a win for sure and he took his frustration out on them.

Comment

To his credit he did later apologize to them and admit that he had made coaching errors that lost them that game. It should have been a win for sure and he took his frustration out on them.
          So after a year-long berating of 12-year old girls he apologized

Whooptie-doo. He acts like that anywhere else he gets the crap kicked of him and probably arrested

Comment

It is youth sports........he is not Pep or Klopp. Please stop with the "coaching" errors comment.

Comment

It is youth sports........he is not Pep or Klopp. Please stop with the "coaching" errors comment.
              Couldn’t agree more. Far too much attention paid to most youth soccer coaches, especially at the big clubs. And their “coaching skills”😏😏😏
              Hard to screw up some of those squads.

Comment

Couldn’t agree more. Far too much attention paid to most youth soccer coaches, especially at the big clubs. And their “coaching skills”😏😏😏
                How much talent are you really developing when you are recruiting from other clubs/buying other clubs. You are a salesman at that point.

Don't get me wrong, there are some quality coaches out there at the top levels but soccer, like most sports, is a simple game to play.

Comment

Every single person posting here is a parent who’s D got cut. Results are recorded and they are the only facts. If anyone wants to go into facts, go on start posting...

Comment

Every single person posting here is a parent who’s D got cut. Results are recorded and they are the only facts. If anyone wants to go into facts, go on start posting...
                    Nope

Dinks are dinks

Comment

Shawn the fact that you think your U11 B division stars cup/needham plaque means anything is exactly the problem.

Comment

Very true but you have people out here who make them out to be gods.

Comment

Very true but you have people out here who make them out to be gods.
                          Well, when you have someone like the posting-subject acting like he's a god, it's easy for those without a spine to stand up to him.

Comment

How many people on this thread got recruited by Shawn after he cold-called you? You bought the cool-aid he was selling and now you are regretting it?

Comment

Sounds like you’re the one regretting it. Shame on you for not doing your homework. Drink up!

Comment

How many people on this thread got recruited by Shawn after he cold-called you? You bought the cool-aid he was selling and now you are regretting it?
                                I'm one.

Bought it hook, line, and sinker. Followed him down to Lancaster. What a fiasco that was.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X