Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Four days a week of lousy coaching isn't better than 3.

Four days is only mandated for true DA teams, not pre-academy or pre blah blah. Some DA clubs don't even adhere to the 4 day rule. You'll be paying for it also. DA clubs are supposed to work to reduce fees but in reality it isn't discounted much. The same guidance doesn't apply to non DA teams. Clubs need other teams to be highly profitable to cover the hits they take in reducing DA team fees. Those pre-blank teams fit into their financial plans nicely
    Four days causes nothing but burn out! Kids and parents alike, not necessary for development.

Comment

Four days causes nothing but burn out! Kids and parents alike, not necessary for development.
      Not with my sons team. The coaches constantly mix it up. They do futsal once a week....film reviews also to mix it up. They play hoops, badminton, handball and

Comment

Not with my sons team. The coaches constantly mix it up. They do futsal once a week....film reviews also to mix it up. They play hoops, badminton, handball and
        Right but they could also be playing futsal, badminton, handball, hoops, etc with friends afterschool. They don’t need to be dragged out to a practice with a coach and soccer team for that.

Comment

Right but they could also be playing futsal, badminton, handball, hoops, etc with friends afterschool. They don’t need to be dragged out to a practice with a coach and soccer team for that.
          But how will all these coaches make a living?

Comment

I thought DA banned kids from playing other sports? Having fun is not developmentally correct.

Comment

It isn’t actual DA because there is no DA league for them to play in. Looks like a money grab, trying to lure girls to Washington to train and get more $$ and perhaps temporarily pull the top players away from Peregrine.
              Given that Washington **Timbers** are a **Timbers** alliance club, I seriously doubt screwing over Peregrine is the motive here.

For some clubs, particularly a few with a substantial presence in the West Hills (and Nike as a sponsor), opposing the Timbers/Thorns and everything they do seems to be a founding principle. But Washington Timbers are not one of those clubs.

Comment

Given that Washington **Timbers** are a **Timbers** alliance club, I seriously doubt screwing over Peregrine is the motive here.

For some clubs, particularly a few with a substantial presence in the West Hills (and Nike as a sponsor), opposing the Timbers/Thorns and everything they do seems to be a founding principle. But Washington Timbers are not one of those clubs.
                Not a founding principle for those clubs - just a sense of right and wrong.

Comment

Just want to clarify some stuff about this. At WA Timbers its for U12-U14, and U12's will be 3 days of practice still while the U13 and 14's will be 4 days a week. And the biggest difference is the Red 1's teams for those age groups will play in Washingtons RCL.

I'm on the fence with how I feel about this, however, it looks like they are trying to fill a gap that we are starting to see in OYSA. At U14 when the 2 ECNL clubs leave OYSA and DA starts for Thorns the league goes down hill really fast. If you have watched the top league in OYSA there are few teams who are trying to possess the ball (and as much as people want to bash them, WA timbers the last few years is one of the clubs trying to play possession at the top teams). RCL is a stronger league than OYSA, with no debate. So it seems like they are trying to create a program where kids who may not want to do ECNL or DA can still play in a stronger league than OYSA and get some of the same benifits. Just finding the middle ground.

Comment

A guess: The DA for girls at older ages is so struggling so much they are trying to deflect attention?

Comment

Just want to clarify some stuff about this. At WA Timbers its for U12-U14, and U12's will be 3 days of practice still while the U13 and 14's will be 4 days a week. And the biggest difference is the Red 1's teams for those age groups will play in Washingtons RCL.

I'm on the fence with how I feel about this, however, it looks like they are trying to fill a gap that we are starting to see in OYSA. At U14 when the 2 ECNL clubs leave OYSA and DA starts for Thorns the league goes down hill really fast. If you have watched the top league in OYSA there are few teams who are trying to possess the ball (and as much as people want to bash them, WA timbers the last few years is one of the clubs trying to play possession at the top teams). RCL is a stronger league than OYSA, with no debate. So it seems like they are trying to create a program where kids who may not want to do ECNL or DA can still play in a stronger league than OYSA and get some of the same benifits. Just finding the middle ground.

With the addition of PacNW and Seattle U to ECNL and Crossfire, Reign and their Eastside feeder in DA... RCL is becoming irrelevant too.

Comment

This looks to be a gimmick to get membership dollars. The only sanctioned DA for girls is through Thorns Academy.

Comment

With the addition of PacNW and Seattle U to ECNL and Crossfire, Reign and their Eastside feeder in DA... RCL is becoming irrelevant too.
                          There are five times of quality of players in Seattle. It still will be better competition than OYSA. I came from Seattle. I wish my daughters club could play in the RCL

Comment

There are five times of quality of players in Seattle. It still will be better competition than OYSA. I came from Seattle. I wish my daughters club could play in the RCL
                            It would be great if oysa and rcl created a regional league together. . Not many teams in Oregon would qualify but it would be great for the competitive multi sport athletes that don’t want DA and see ECNL for the scam it is.

Comment

A guess: The DA for girls at older ages is so struggling so much they are trying to deflect attention?
                              Bringing DA to the younger ages will hopefully get the kids out of the winning mindset. Soccer is NOT about winning games and lifting trophies. It is about focus, concentration and improving your skills for national team service. Far too often the winning mindset leads to bad habits and do whatever it takes to win. That is wrong.

Parents want wins for Facebook and Instagram status. That's silly and wasteful. Kids shouldn't care and winning tournaments and trophies. The showcase approach strips out the winning.

Comment

Bringing DA to the younger ages will hopefully get the kids out of the winning mindset. Soccer is NOT about winning games and lifting trophies. It is about focus, concentration and improving your skills for national team service. Far too often the winning mindset leads to bad habits and do whatever it takes to win. That is wrong.

Parents want wins for Facebook and Instagram status. That's silly and wasteful. Kids shouldn't care and winning tournaments and trophies. The showcase approach strips out the winning.
                                Well your not bringing “DA” to any younger girls..the only authorized DA club for girls in Oregon is a Thorns. Are you really saying this is going to be an OYSA Team that gets handball once a week and your telling the parents/clients that losses are no big deal because it’s a faux “DA” program? Who at US Soccer can we call to validate your claims of offering this program in Oregon?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X