Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mexico is paying for the wall, so it should not be part of anybody's budget request.
    No one mentioned budgets but you
    Try to stay on topic

Comment

Try to stay on topic
      One way or another, budget is almost always the topic.

Comment

One way or another, budget is almost always the topic.
        As it should be (different poster obviously)

Comment

Try to stay on topic
          Donnie said Mexico will pay.

Comment

Not quite: I found the study. The question states : Do you think that children who were brought into this country illegally by their parents, many of whom are now in their 20s and 30s, should be given a path to U.S. citizenship or should not be entitled to a path to citizenship without first returning home? (pg 66 http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-cont...oters_XTab.pdf)

77% Should be given a path to US citizenship
            23% Should not be given a path to U.S. citizenship without returning home first

On another question 60% said that parents and other family members of DACA recipients should not be given priority (pg 66). It also shows that many do want tighter border control etc, something the Dems aren't arguing with. They just think the wall is stupid (it mostly is given how ineffective it will be vs the cost). The same survey showed that Trump's performance only does well on the economy and creating jobs. On all other measures more disapprove of his bog thus far than approves).
            Not the OP but you're reading the poll wrong and you did not write the question correctly that was ask on page 66:

Do you think that children who were brought into this country illegally by their parents, many of whom are now in their 20s and 30s, should be given preference for their parents and relatives to move to this country or should they not be given preference for their relatives?

Comment

Not the OP but you're reading the poll wrong and you did not write the question correctly that was ask on page 66:

Do you think that children who were brought into this country illegally by their parents, many of whom are now in their 20s and 30s, should be given preference for their parents and relatives to move to this country or should they not be given preference for their relatives?
              I think only Mexico should pay for the wall, not American taxpayers.

Comment

Not quite: I found the study. The question states : Do you think that children who were brought into this country illegally by their parents, many of whom are now in their 20s and 30s, should be given a path to U.S. citizenship or should not be entitled to a path to citizenship without first returning home? (pg 66 http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-cont...oters_XTab.pdf)

77% Should be given a path to US citizenship
                23% Should not be given a path to U.S. citizenship without returning home first

On another question 60% said that parents and other family members of DACA recipients should not be given priority (pg 66). It also shows that many do want tighter border control etc, something the Dems aren't arguing with. They just think the wall is stupid (it mostly is given how ineffective it will be vs the cost). The same survey showed that Trump's performance only does well on the economy and creating jobs. On all other measures more disapprove of his bog thus far than approves).
                Dems have been arguing against tighter boarder security for decades, they are just giving in now because they have no leverage.

Comment

Dems have been arguing against tighter boarder security for decades, they are just giving in now because they have no leverage.
                  The Mexican wall should help. Not that I want Mexicans to build it; Americans should build it and Mexicans only pay for it.

Comment

My bad I put the wrong page #. Page 65 clearly states (since I copied the text) "Do you think that children who were brought into this country illegally by their parents, many of whom are now in their 20s and 30s, should be given a path to U.S. citizenship or should not be entitled to a path to citizenship without first returning home?" 77% said yes, 23% said they should go home. So, you're still wrong.

Page 66 discusses family members being given preference; 60% said no, 40% yes.

Comment

The Mexican wall should help. Not that I want Mexicans to build it; Americans should build it and Mexicans only pay for it.
                      Cheaper if the Mexicans build it - labor costs and all :)

Comment

It's an American wall, built by hard working Americans. Mexico will pay the tab for the wall. Done deal.

Comment

Well, yes, but we want it to work and, besides, we're not paying for it :D

Comment

My bad I put the wrong page #. Page 65 clearly states (since I copied the text) "Do you think that children who were brought into this country illegally by their parents, many of whom are now in their 20s and 30s, should be given a path to U.S. citizenship or should not be entitled to a path to citizenship without first returning home?" 77% said yes, 23% said they should go home. So, you're still wrong.

Page 66 discusses family members being given preference; 60% said no, 40% yes.
                            Path? Fine.

Precedence over those who did it the right way (such as the friends and family I have)? No f-en way.

I don't prescribe to the "better to ask for forgiveness later instead of permission first" theory.

Comment

Path? Fine.

Precedence over those who did it the right way (such as the friends and family I have)? No f-en way.

I don't prescribe to the "better to ask for forgiveness later instead of permission first" theory.
                              But these were people brought here as children. They had no say in their parents breaking the law. The program is for them, not their parents. I've no issue with their parents going to the back of the line with everyone else.

Plus you might want to talk Republican God, Reagan. He did a massive amnesty program in the 80s, far bigger than the 800,000 dreamers.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act
                              Also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, this law was signed by President Ronald Reagan and enacted in November 1986. The act granted temporary legal status to any unauthorized immigrants who had been living in the United States continuously since 1982 so long as they paid a $185 fee and could demonstrate they’d shown good moral character. The act made unauthorized immigrants eligible for green cards after 18 months, provided they learned to speak English. The act also took actions that included – for the first time – penalizing businesses that knowingly employed unauthorized immigrants. The act became the largest U.S. legalization program in history, resulting in green cards being awarded to about 2.7 million immigrants – though that left at least 2 million unauthorized immigrants untouched

Comment

But these were people brought here as children. They had no say in their parents breaking the law. The program is for them, not their parents. I've no issue with their parents going to the back of the line with everyone else.

Plus you might want to talk Republican God, Reagan. He did a massive amnesty program in the 80s, far bigger than the 800,000 dreamers.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act
                                Also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, this law was signed by President Ronald Reagan and enacted in November 1986. The act granted temporary legal status to any unauthorized immigrants who had been living in the United States continuously since 1982 so long as they paid a $185 fee and could demonstrate they’d shown good moral character. The act made unauthorized immigrants eligible for green cards after 18 months, provided they learned to speak English. The act also took actions that included – for the first time – penalizing businesses that knowingly employed unauthorized immigrants. The act became the largest U.S. legalization program in history, resulting in green cards being awarded to about 2.7 million immigrants – though that left at least 2 million unauthorized immigrants untouched
                                Reagan and Bush, both Republican Presidents, both had mass amnesties for illegals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X