Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am not from opfc- My son plays for Washington Timbers. With the alternate seasons (highschool) I had not seen opfc play in awhile and it’s a definite change is all I am saying. Not “taking anyone down” just saying what I saw. Settle down and get over it or don’t, I could not care less about what you think
    Regarding Washington Timbers- How did you all like the ECNl experience? Looks like most of your teams got smoked for most of the year.

It is weird how Seattle and the surrounding areas have so much more talent than we do here in Oregon.

I would love it if a Portlandia team joined ECNL- My son would go to that team for sure.

Comment

If you are from WashT's 05 team, I doubly advise you stow it then. SE does not have a high tolerance for this sort of sideline nonsense. Since this is an anonymous chat room, you're probably safe, but sometimes it's better to go public with "what you saw".
      Better to NOT go public, that is.

Comment

First, there’s only a few of us here. Second, we’re all low testosterone, sickly people. Third, we’re all too scared to post anything with our name attached.

So your FB idea is dumb and you should stop trying to intimidate us all.
        This frightens me.

Comment

Regarding Washington Timbers- How did you all like the ECNl experience? Looks like most of your teams got smoked for most of the year.

It is weird how Seattle and the surrounding areas have so much more talent than we do here in Oregon.

I would love it if a Portlandia team joined ECNL- My son would go to that team for sure.
          Oregon teams seem able to hang with the bottom half of the BECNL table.

Was shocked to see WPFC play so poorly.

Crossfire's B team didn't do ECNL last year; it looks like they will have two teams in BECNL this season, and the B team is quite good, knocking off both Westside and ADF. (WT/XF game was entertaining, and close for most of the game).

As has been noted previously, the fact that boys soccer is a spring sport in Washington HS probably makes BECNL participation in Oregon a non-starter, at least preventing a combined OR/WA league.

You could form a single OR league, similar to the DA but without the "fifty mile" rule (thus allowing ETFC and Bend to join), containing the top clubs' A teams--but this would essentially be OYSA Premier, just with a different postseason format. (No state cup/regionals, instead periodic showcases and the Big Tourney Back East).

Not sure what advantage that would bring to the clubs and players. On the other hand, an OR-only league would reduce my biggest objection to ECNL, the travel involved. But it would fragment the local youth soccer ecosystem, potentially making State Cup far less valuable prize, and relegating the clubs who don't qualify to second-tier status. (But for many DoCs; that's the whole point).

Now if ECNL had pro/rel... THAT would be interesting.

Comment

First, there’s only a few of us here. Second, we’re all low testosterone, sickly people. Third, we’re all too scared to post anything with our name attached.

Weak, scared people deserve to be able to cut down people anonymously without fear of repercussions. Anonymous is the best.

Comment

3 teams at ECNL National Playoffs with 2 of 3 making it through groups and 1 through to finals next weekend. WPFC is doing ok. But most certainly still should have done better. They clearly don't have the Crossfire depth.

Comment

Crossfire's B team didn't do ECNL last year; it looks like they will have two teams in BECNL this season, and the B team is quite good, knocking off both Westside and ADF. (WT/XF game was entertaining, and close for most of the game).

As has been noted previously, the fact that boys soccer is a spring sport in Washington HS probably makes BECNL participation in Oregon a non-starter, at least preventing a combined OR/WA league.

You could form a single OR league, similar to the DA but without the "fifty mile" rule (thus allowing ETFC and Bend to join), containing the top clubs' A teams--but this would essentially be OYSA Premier, just with a different postseason format. (No state cup/regionals, instead periodic showcases and the Big Tourney Back East).

Not sure what advantage that would bring to the clubs and players. On the other hand, an OR-only league would reduce my biggest objection to ECNL, the travel involved. But it would fragment the local youth soccer ecosystem, potentially making State Cup far less valuable prize, and relegating the clubs who don't qualify to second-tier status. (But for many DoCs; that's the whole point).

Now if ECNL had pro/rel... THAT would be interesting.
                In many ways travel is the necessary evil. There just is not enough competition here in Oregon. When you look at regionals each year we are overmatched. This is certainly from dilution of talent with too many teams fighting over a small pool of kids.

I think there is a market for a Portland team to play ECNL in Washington despite the seasons difference. The competition is enticing. But one must be OK with the travel to make it work.

If, and I mean a big IF, the EAL in the west coast gets more quality teams to join like they did else where maybe this is the avenue. As it sits there is a bunch of crapolloa teams from the PNW signed up. It is the first year- but if ADF, Westside and another team join UPDX, Cap Timbers and OPFC along with some better Washington clubs it may be OK. We will see.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Weak, scared people deserve to be able to cut down people anonymously without fear of repercussions. Anonymous is the best.

How many of you would join a facebook group to discuss all of this under your own name?

How many of you would be too scared?

Comment

People do realize that the greater Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue area has almost 3x the population of the greater Portland area right? Why wouldn’t they have more teams that are better with that pool to pull from

Comment

People do realize that the greater Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue area has almost 3x the population of the greater Portland area right? Why wouldn’t they have more teams that are better with that population pool to pull from??

Comment

How many of you would join a facebook group to discuss all of this under your own name?

I have very low testosterone so I would never. I’d be too scare to get pummeled literally Nd figuratively. Better to hide.

Comment

I’m too scared.

Comment

They have been like that since we started back up from covid. Players moved around, some hardly playing that should be playing, etc. Does anyone know why opfc does not play DZ in the midfield? He was our best midfielder at updx before he got recruited away by opfc kids during odp. Why do they play OS so much? And how did he get a regional camp invite? Do we have another billups like situation or something.
                            Agree with this statement, but nobody really cares about or is concerned with opfc- they always choke when it matters most and that coach has no clue how to make adjustments. Park the bus and stay compact in the back and then counter them when they get out of shape (especially in the midfield) and they are easy to beat….

Comment

I think I speak for all four people who post and read this thread that there’s no way we would ever have guts to be known. It’s scary. It’s hard enough living in fear every day. The cashier at Walmart glared at me yesterday and I had to take a triple dose of anti-anxiety meds and was curled up crying for 8 hours. It’s not easy.

Comment

I have very low testosterone so I would never. I’d be too scare to get pummeled literally Nd figuratively. Better to hide.
                                I agree with this sentiment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X