Stars drops DA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still BS blaming the coach for the “team” failure. Take a look inside first. If the team isn’t getting it done, then maybe the players aren’t competive in the platform they are participating in. What was the score of the latest Breakers match?0

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Still BS blaming the coach for the “team” failure. Take a look inside first. If the team isn’t getting it done, then maybe the players aren’t competive in the platform they are participating in. What was the score of the latest Breakers match?0
      Can you read?Im blaming the coach for not developing his players. IDC what the scores are/were. He let kids down by not paying any attention and not enforcing rules.

Comment

Yes blame the players. Coaching has nothing to do with it....except that it does. Coaches select the players too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Please, there has been no one at BBA who should have been YNT since BH.

1 trick ponies don’t play well on the national stage.
          It is surprising that people talk as though kids from MA (or RI) should be on the NT. BH is getting no playing time now but is at a great school. MKM is going to the same great school. This is a big nation and I can see why kids get picked for camps and why some don’t and why some stick for a team and some don’t. But to suggest there are a bunch of kids from MA who should be on a NT is ridiculous.

Comment

It is surprising that people talk as though kids from MA (or RI) should be on the NT. BH is getting no playing time now but is at a great school. MKM is going to the same great school. This is a big nation and I can see why kids get picked for camps and why some don’t and why some stick for a team and some don’t. But to suggest there are a bunch of kids from MA who should be on a NT is ridiculous.
            To suggest that an "assistant" USSF YNT coach for an age group had nothing to do with getting 10 of not only his club but his actual club teams into the camps and similarly had nothing to do with kids who clean these same kids clocks on a regular basis getting repeatedly overlooked is ridiculous.

Comment

To suggest that an "assistant" USSF YNT coach for an age group had nothing to do with getting 10 of not only his club but his actual club teams into the camps and similarly had nothing to do with kids who clean these same kids clocks on a regular basis getting repeatedly overlooked is ridiculous.
              Proof is in the pudding right? The NTs are doing well. Your daughter is getting looks. And of all the kids from all the clubs getting invites over the years, including BBA, only a few stick. You are annoyed that it’s not your kid despite her many goals.

Comment

The wrong kids get call ups for the wrong reason - and others get a look and are dismissed for the right reasons. None of the kids on these two teams would stand out at the nt level. That's why they don't stick. Kids who stay succeed because the can hang WITHOUT being fed with the 'she's special sauce' they get at the local level, because they have depth to offer.

Comment

The wrong kids get call ups for the wrong reason - and others get a look and are dismissed for the right reasons. None of the kids on these two teams would stand out at the nt level. That's why they don't stick. Kids who stay succeed because the can hang WITHOUT being fed with the 'she's special sauce' they get at the local level, because they have depth to offer.
                  Yes there are many one and dones. The ones that really have something are invited over and over again.

Comment

Yes there are many one and dones. The ones that really have something are invited over and over again.
                    You believe this? Cmon. Its usually that "something" that only their coach can see because when the coaching changes, no one else can see it.

My point was not really about who is or is not getting called in to any random camp - by this age as they go to College, the kids you are talking about will have more chances to get selected -its more about what JD did to player for who NT camps were clearly important, In their last year, he misled them and then provided almost no guidance at all. A team that had 3 YNT kids on it was left to play most of its games without 2 of them and that was not made clear at all. Training was a joke. So much so that kids trained with other ECNL teams.

How is that a GDA experience ?

Comment

You believe this? Cmon. Its usually that "something" that only their coach can see because when the coaching changes, no one else can see it.

My point was not really about who is or is not getting called in to any random camp - by this age as they go to College, the kids you are talking about will have more chances to get selected -its more about what JD did to player for who NT camps were clearly important, In their last year, he misled them and then provided almost no guidance at all. A team that had 3 YNT kids on it was left to play most of its games without 2 of them and that was not made clear at all. Training was a joke. So much so that kids trained with other ECNL teams.

How is that a GDA experience ?
                      Misled them how?
                      I do agree that the game is somewhat reset with college. Those freshman who are making an impact for teams with reasonable schedules usually get a u20 look. The kids who “stick in the u19 and under do not have something special. The ones who stick after u20 to u23 do. Look at Savannah mccaskill, ally watt, phoebe McClendon (watch for her she’s a stud u23 CB from uva) Ashley hatch, Lynn Williams. I don’t think any of them saw anything before u20. Lavelle a late u18 camp but break out u20 and I am sure there are more examples.

Comment

Misled them how?
                        I do agree that the game is somewhat reset with college. Those freshman who are making an impact for teams with reasonable schedules usually get a u20 look. The kids who “stick in the u19 and under do not have something special. The ones who stick after u20 to u23 do. Look at Savannah mccaskill, ally watt, phoebe McClendon (watch for her she’s a stud u23 CB from uva) Ashley hatch, Lynn Williams. I don’t think any of them saw anything before u20. Lavelle a late u18 camp but break out u20 and I am sure there are more examples.
                        misled wrt roster composition , training etc.

what seems to happen is the USSF are so desperate to find small technical players so they can show you how "smart" they are that they ignore many players who dont fit that mold. By College , the athletic kids become too hard to ignore again and many of these smaller players just cannot hang .

We have Lynn Williams's right now in the NE GDA. They struggle to get selected. If they continue to do well in College , they wont

Comment

misled wrt roster composition , training etc.

what seems to happen is the USSF are so desperate to find small technical players so they can show you how "smart" they are that they ignore many players who dont fit that mold. By College , the athletic kids become too hard to ignore again and many of these smaller players just cannot hang .

We have Lynn Williams's right now in the NE GDA. They struggle to get selected. If they continue to do well in College , they wont
                          But they have to be athletic and technical, not just big.

Comment

But they have to be athletic and technical, not just big.
                            Correct. Many of the kids being selected currently are not athletic. I feel USSF is looking at profiles and not being realistic about athleticism. Lynn Williams is not particularly techincal

Comment

Correct. Many of the kids being selected currently are not athletic. I feel USSF is looking at profiles and not being realistic about athleticism. Lynn Williams is not particularly techincal
                              Williams is very athletic. There is one guy in this board plugging his daughter. BBA is trying to help by retweeting every photo dad takes, and the rest of us are getting increasingly annoyed as the amount of selfishness is now being seen on the field.

Comment

I completely agree. One of the Region 1 kids in the 2000 is very small and not very athketic. Other much more athletic and others even more technical are not being called up. However they will have their chances when college comes around to either prove they have it or not. I do t think there is quite a leveling of the field with college. Some colleges get more respect and are more connected than others but if a kid makes an impact as a freshman or sophomore she’s got a chance. It’s phoebe mcclernnon btw.
                                This is the first year we will know quite a few kids in the college game and I look forward to watching them play on the various conference channels.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X