Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you're kid is 8th grade or older and you're not already on a D1 scholarship path, thinking about GDA, thinking it will put them on that path, here's breaking news: It won't and what you're really considering is being a GDA benchwarmer. Does that really work for your kid (as much as it works for you)? I'd bet it doesn't, but good luck!
    Ignorant and stupid. Yesterday's big fast superstar can quickly find the bench and vice versa if late bloomer. The pool is smaller by HS but fluid from year to year. Look at some of the highly promoted Revs that are now done of the Bolt striker who went from decent to one of the top scorers in all of DAP. Facts are more important than bluster.

Comment

Ignorant and stupid. Yesterday's big fast superstar can quickly find the bench and vice versa if late bloomer. The pool is smaller by HS but fluid from year to year. Look at some of the highly promoted Revs that are now done of the Bolt striker who went from decent to one of the top scorers in all of DAP. Facts are more important than bluster.
      Who are you F’n kidding. Nothing is fluid. That just idle musing of a club salesman and the stupid souls who buy their crap

Comment

Another question(s):

When are "Showcases"? How many times a year, and where are they? Does it change year-to-year or are they consistently in the same locations?

Comment

Another question(s):

When are "Showcases"? How many times a year, and where are they? Does it change year-to-year or are they consistently in the same locations?
          Events are mostly held in warm weather climates (FL, AZ) so yes you will be flying. They also spread it out over several days so several days of hotels and usually misses school too.

They have a website. Check it out. I suggest you seriously dive into Academy Operations and familiarize yourself with all the rules of participation.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/events

Comment

Events are mostly held in warm weather climates (FL, AZ) so yes you will be flying. They also spread it out over several days so several days of hotels and usually misses school too.

They have a website. Check it out. I suggest you seriously dive into Academy Operations and familiarize yourself with all the rules of participation.

Is the end of June playoffs/showcase the last event of the 2017-18 teams? Do the new 2018-19 teams not start practicing together until August, when the new season starts?

Comment

Thank you. I have been pouring over the site but couldn’t see where they list every showcase out

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X