Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a Seacoast parent, all of that is fine but there is a group of our girls getting hurt in this. Many of us purposely chosen to not go into MA to pursue GDA or ECNL. We knew the travel and expense wasn't for us, and/or we knew our daughter's skill level wasn't up to par. There's a real concern that Seacoast may not be able to field both GDA and NPL teams. If that happens, what are our options if we refuse to consider GDA? Go back to NEP and what else? Another NPL team will require a long ride to training for many.

I know nothing changes for most kids and it's business as usual. But for some, their options just changed big time and it's disappointing. These girls aren't future NT players but they love to play and the NPL teams provided a good option close by with a challenge at their level. Just feels like only the big stars matter.
    Do not look to any league, club or other soccer business to do right by your player. You have to do that and try to choose well for them. This is strictly business. Buy the best quality product you can access location wise and budget wise. But don't forget that this is business.

Comment

Do not look to any league, club or other soccer business to do right by your player. You have to do that and try to choose well for them. This is strictly business. Buy the best quality product you can access location wise and budget wise. But don't forget that this is business.
      I get that. It just feels like those options just shrunk. Location and budget will put most of us back in NEP. Not the end of the world but disappointing to some girls.

Comment

I get that. It just feels like those options just shrunk. Location and budget will put most of us back in NEP. Not the end of the world but disappointing to some girls.
        To add...the options shrunk pretty late in the game, too.

I don't mind at the time of the purchase if I can't get the red car, and have to settle for any of these 5 other colors.

Where I get irked if you tell me after I've ordered it, I have to pick any of these other 3 colors. Oh, and two of those colors are crappy and the other one costs you a lot more.

Comment

I don't mind at the time of the purchase if I can't get the red car, and have to settle for any of these 5 other colors.

Where I get irked if you tell me after I've ordered it, I have to pick any of these other 3 colors. Oh, and two of those colors are crappy and the other one costs you a lot more.
          Dude, that just blew my mind. 🤯

Comment

Yes, very late.... Here's a theory. This was a decision being tossed around for a while... Seacoast unsure of landscape and whether it was a good choice for them or not. Someone (GDA connected) told Seacoast that they knew of certain amount of girls who would be interested, etc. Seacoast joined and here we are. Yes, no, maybe? :)

Comment

Yes, very late.... Here's a theory. This was a decision being tossed around for a while... Seacoast unsure of landscape and whether it was a good choice for them or not. Someone (GDA connected) told Seacoast that they knew of certain amount of girls who would be interested, etc. Seacoast joined and here we are. Yes, no, maybe? :)
              Maybe. It was mentioned a year ago as a long-term goal. Hadn't heard since. I think all of us assumed that by late May, if we hadn't heard about it, it wasn't happening in 2018. Obviously we were very wrong. I think no one really looked at other options as they don't exist. It's not a matter of there being another NE NPL team within a reasonable drive and our girls can't join. It just isn't out there. I foolishly believed Seacoast wasn't going to head down this path after giving it thought.

Comment

It is far too late in the try out season to be springing this on players, even more so if it wasn't even on the radar. No time to tryout elsewhere, rosters locked in on the better teams, not a lot of other options. It they had wanted ECNL or GDA last year they would have already gone that route (unless too far away). Trying to get NPL players to move onto this that don't want isn't doing the players or the club any good.

Comment

That's part of the issue - USSF only cares about a small percentage of players. But they need all the rest to make the league work. Families see it, they're not fools. With boys there are fewer good options for quality competition and college exposure. Girls have an option. It works for many of them. Like someone said teams got a handful of talented players and many of the rest were players who either couldn't even get on an ECNL roster before or were ECNL benchwarmers. They either don't care about HS or weren't varsity starters. This league that's supposed to be about the best of the best just isn't.
                  I do not understand what "USSF only cares about a small percentage of players" means? What special benefits are the small percentage of players getting? Are GDA clubs having secret practices with only a small number of the players from their teams where USSF gives secret special training tips and instruction? Are these small number of players that USSF cares about getting secret Speed and Agility training on the side on USSF's dollars?

Only a very small percentage of girls in GDA will be chosen for NT training, but how are the clubs giving less training to the players not selected by USSF? From all appearances GDA teams are training as teams, and all players are receiving the same training regardless of their status as NT players.

Comment

I do not understand what "USSF only cares about a small percentage of players" means? What special benefits are the small percentage of players getting? Are GDA clubs having secret practices with only a small number of the players from their teams where USSF gives secret special training tips and instruction? Are these small number of players that USSF cares about getting secret Speed and Agility training on the side on USSF's dollars?

Only a very small percentage of girls in GDA will be chosen for NT training, but how are the clubs giving less training to the players not selected by USSF? From all appearances GDA teams are training as teams, and all players are receiving the same training regardless of their status as NT players.
                    Correct. the ones with an agenda would have you beleive otherwise. If you dont want to join a GDA Club , cool, but this USSF only cares about ....is BS.

Comment

It is far too late in the try out season to be springing this on players, even more so if it wasn't even on the radar. No time to tryout elsewhere, rosters locked in on the better teams, not a lot of other options. It they had wanted ECNL or GDA last year they would have already gone that route (unless too far away). Trying to get NPL players to move onto this that don't want isn't doing the players or the club any good.
                      Is this a done deal?

Comment

Is this a done deal?
                        What? Seacoast joining GDA? Yes. Announced yesterday. Future of NPL teams is unknown, at least to me. Not sure if other parents have heard more.

Comment

What? Seacoast joining GDA? Yes. Announced yesterday. Future of NPL teams is unknown, at least to me. Not sure if other parents have heard more.
                          It seems crazy that there has been no internal communication from the club regarding the status of teams (if tryouts have already occurred) and how the GDA impacts that now. A club meeting should be scheduled.

Comment

It seems crazy that there has been no internal communication from the club regarding the status of teams (if tryouts have already occurred) and how the GDA impacts that now. A club meeting should be scheduled.
                            Well, tryouts are officially in 2 weeks. But everyone currently on an NPL team was expecting to return to that level, not GDA. They have a GDA info night set for anyone interested next week. It's not specifically to address NPL players but maybe questions can be answered. Not sure if individual coaches have reached out. I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Have tryouts happened? I thought the website said June but maybe that's for the younger ages.

Comment

Have tryouts happened? I thought the website said June but maybe that's for the younger ages.
                                Technically that's when all DA tryouts are supposed to happen. Any teams already up and running, however, invite players they are interested in to practices and do one dog and pny show in case a unknown gem shows up. Seacoast this time will be starting from scratch with almost all players having already secured spots on other teams

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X