Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What did you do run her around town pimping her to all the local "elite" soccer clubs? Lmfao. You're pathetic. You must do it to make yourself feel good. The "everyone wants my daughter" post must have been burning a whole in your pocket. Glad you got to spend it on here.
    Likely her daughter tried out for several teams to have a back-up plan. Girls do often want to play with their friends too. Could be either choice.

Comment

GDA and ECNL in Oregon are both a joke. Sorry your girls have to play with other girls that are so crummy, but then again, that's what the parents of every girls says.

Comment

I heard GDA and ecnl were elite..then I found out the players they took and realize they are quite B level in many areas...

Schedule is one thing..outcome is another...

Comment

GDA and ECNL in Oregon are both a joke. Sorry your girls have to play with other girls that are so crummy, but then again, that's what the parents of every girls says.
          Because your club has good college commitments? LOL

Comment

I heard GDA and ecnl were elite..then I found out the players they took and realize they are quite B level in many areas...

Schedule is one thing..outcome is another...
            Funny thing is, I heard your wife is elite, but then saw her on the sidelines. Ouch, bro! No wonder you are so grumpy.

Comment

Funny thing is, I heard your wife is elite, but then saw her on the sidelines. Ouch, bro! No wonder you are so grumpy.
              Way to keep in classy.

Comment

Commits

Please update the list below as needed. I am sure that it has changed and some are unaccounted for. If your argument is that the Thorns commits formerly played ECNL or OYSA, ask yourself why they left? If the ECNL is so elite, why are they not dominating below? Based on the rhetoric from the previous posters in multiple threads, you would think that there is a clear advantage to the ECNL but the #'s do not support this argument. Seems like there are at least three good options for girls in the Portland metro area. Anyone arguing against any of the three probably are employed by one of the other clubs/academies or are a frustrated parent trying to justify the $ that they are shelling out. The truth is that everyone listed below should be proud. Naysayers can continue with their miserable existence.

Commits NLI day

FCP: 6-D1 1-D2 1-D3 1-NAIA Total=8
                Laura S**** FC Portland College of Idaho NAIA
                Sidney E*********** FC Portland Eastern Washington University D1
                Maya F************ FC Portland Georgetown University D1
                Lindsay L****** FC Portland Marshall University D1
                Alexis M**** FC Portland Monmouth University D1
                Claire D**** FC Portland Northern Arizona University D1
                Eden W**** FC Portland Santa Clara University D1
                Abigail A******* FC Portland Seattle Pacific University D2
                Chantal R**** FC Portland Swarthmore College D3

CU: 6-D1 2-D2 2-D3 Total=10
                Katelyn P**** Crossfire United Biola University D2
                Lauren A**** Crossfire United Boston University D1
                Jaycee I******* Crossfire United Grand Canyon Univeristy D1
                Sammy S**** Crossfire United Humboldt State University D2
                Ariel M**** Crossfire United Linfield College D3
                Helena B**** Crossfire United oregon State University D1
                Madison E***** Crossfire United Oregon State University D1
                Brooke B****** Crossfire United Pitzer College D3
                Ally T********* Crossfire United San Jose State University D1
                Jordan W****** Crossfire United University of Oregon D1

TA: 6-D1 3-D2 3-D3 1-NAIA Total=13
                Portland Thorns FC Perrin B*** Grand Canyon University D1
                Portland Thorns FC Sophia B**** Gonzaga University D1
                Portland Thorns FC Phoebe B*** Pacific Lutheran University D3
                Portland Thorns FC Sydney C*** University of California, Berkeley D1
                Portland Thorns FC Tana E** Humbolt State University D2
                Portland Thorns FC Brooklyn J**** University of Utah D1
                Portland Thorns FC Amber J**** George Fox University D3
                Portland Thorns FC Taylor M**** Seattle Pacific University D2
                Portland Thorns FC Kiani P***** Southern Oregon University NAIA
                Portland Thorns FC Trinity P**** University of Washington D1
                Portland Thorns FC Mya P**** Regis University D3
                Portland Thorns FC Madison S**** Concordia University D2
                Portland Thorns FC Emma T**** University of California, Berkeley D1

Comment

Please update the list below as needed. I am sure that it has changed and some are unaccounted for. If your argument is that the Thorns commits formerly played ECNL or OYSA, ask yourself why they left? If the ECNL is so elite, why are they not dominating below? Based on the rhetoric from the previous posters in multiple threads, you would think that there is a clear advantage to the ECNL but the #'s do not support this argument. Seems like there are at least three good options for girls in the Portland metro area. Anyone arguing against any of the three probably are employed by one of the other clubs/academies or are a frustrated parent trying to justify the $ that they are shelling out. The truth is that everyone listed below should be proud. Naysayers can continue with their miserable existence.

Commits NLI day

You can not honestly count girls going to Cal as Thorns. They committed as Sophmores. And girl going to Gonzaga also committed before Thorns were even a thing. They were Seniors when they switched, Thorns let them play senior year and parents got a bonus of not having to pay for soccer for a year. They chose Thorns. But seems disengenous to claim them as a Thorns product when clearly committs came when they were FCP.

Comment

Commits NLI day

Dude I am so sad for you that at 5am on a holiday you had nothing better to do than research and post this in not one, not two, not three...but SIX different threads on TS. Did you think the sheer volume of posts would impress the audience? Do you think the quantity of your words is more important than the quality? I guess that fits the post itself. You think the quantity of Thorns commits matters more than the quality.

There are many ways to quantify the information you so diligently researched. One would be to go back and determine what club each girl played for when she actually made her verbal commitment. This list would look very different if you did that. Another would be to list the number of seniors NOT committed for each club. 8, 10, and 13 don’t mean much when you understand that these teams were all made up of juniors and seniors. A third way would be to compare this information with clubs like Bend’s Eugene’s, and Westside’s 99’s, again pulling the data of how many current seniors are committed (as opposed to the team as a whole recognizing all three teams had juniors and in some cases sophomores on the roster this season).

The point is that data interpretation is tricky. When you go into it with a preconceived bias, as you clearly did (Thorns good! The rest bad!), chances are excellent you will interpret the data to support your preconceived bias. And that’s just what you did. On six different threads. Get some rest, enjoy your family on this holiday, give thanks for veterans who died to preserve your freedom to obsess about college plans of 17 and 18 year old girls, and worry about your own soccer player.

Comment

Dude I am so sad for you that at 5am on a holiday you had nothing better to do than research and post this in not one, not two, not three...but SIX different threads on TS. Did you think the sheer volume of posts would impress the audience? Do you think the quantity of your words is more important than the quality? I guess that fits the post itself. You think the quantity of Thorns commits matters more than the quality.

There are many ways to quantify the information you so diligently researched. One would be to go back and determine what club each girl played for when she actually made her verbal commitment. This list would look very different if you did that. Another would be to list the number of seniors NOT committed for each club. 8, 10, and 13 don’t mean much when you understand that these teams were all made up of juniors and seniors. A third way would be to compare this information with clubs like Bend’s Eugene’s, and Westside’s 99’s, again pulling the data of how many current seniors are committed (as opposed to the team as a whole recognizing all three teams had juniors and in some cases sophomores on the roster this season).

The point is that data interpretation is tricky. When you go into it with a preconceived bias, as you clearly did (Thorns good! The rest bad!), chances are excellent you will interpret the data to support your preconceived bias. And that’s just what you did. On six different threads. Get some rest, enjoy your family on this holiday, give thanks for veterans who died to preserve your freedom to obsess about college plans of 17 and 18 year old girls, and worry about your own soccer player.
                      Weird that you criticized the previous poster for posting at 5am when here you are posting an equally long - winded response at 6am! Post didn't seem biased on content. Maybe you can read into grade level etc but if the lists are legit, it is surprising. ECNL players don't always start at ECNL either.

Comment

Weird that you criticized the previous poster for posting at 5am when here you are posting an equally long - winded response at 6am! Post didn't seem biased on content. Maybe you can read into grade level etc but if the lists are legit, it is surprising. ECNL players don't always start at ECNL either.
                        1. I didn’t post my “long winded” response on 6 threads. Weird huh?
                        2. My response didn’t contain multiple factual inaccuracies all furthering my point, as his did. If you don’t understand that being the definition of confirmation bias I can’t help you.
                        3. If you don’t understand the fallacies of a list like that based on teams containing multiple grade levels I can’t help you. For one example though I will point out one of the CU recruits listed didn’t even play on the senior team. She’s an 01.

Comment

1. I didn’t post my “long winded” response on 6 threads. Weird huh?
                          2. My response didn’t contain multiple factual inaccuracies all furthering my point, as his did. If you don’t understand that being the definition of confirmation bias I can’t help you.
                          3. If you don’t understand the fallacies of a list like that based on teams containing multiple grade levels I can’t help you. For one example though I will point out one of the CU recruits listed didn’t even play on the senior team. She’s an 01.
                          We gotta hot one! Don't ECNL employees get the day off?

Comment

You can not honestly count girls going to Cal as Thorns. They committed as Sophmores. And girl going to Gonzaga also committed before Thorns were even a thing. They were Seniors when they switched, Thorns let them play senior year and parents got a bonus of not having to pay for soccer for a year. They chose Thorns. But seems disengenous to claim them as a Thorns product when clearly committs came when they were FCP.
                            Verbals, hon, mean nothing. It's the banner under which the player signed her NLI.

I've seen other clubs claim players when they signed NLI although they played elsewhere before senior year.

FYI-Recruiters monitor players throughout their high school years. If a player switches clubs the recruiter definitely knows and continues to see the player in action. How the player adapts to new coaching and philosophy and new team dynamics is part of notes taken before that NLI goes out.

Comment

We gotta hot one! Don't ECNL employees get the day off?
                              Also Regis is a d2
                              Thorns also has 2 others that signed with d1 that are not on the list.

Comment

Verbals, hon, mean nothing. It's the banner under which the player signed her NLI.

I've seen other clubs claim players when they signed NLI although they played elsewhere before senior year.

FYI-Recruiters monitor players throughout their high school years. If a player switches clubs the recruiter definitely knows and continues to see the player in action. How the player adapts to new coaching and philosophy and new team dynamics is part of notes taken before that NLI goes out.
                                TS posters: That girl verbally committed with her OYSA team before moving to ECNL. ECNL can’t claim that commit!

Girl in Question: My future college coach advised me to move to ECNL to get ready for faster pace of college play.

TS posters: I call BS! Your commit is an OYSA commit and everyone knows college coaches don’t care about things like that.

Also TS posters: It doesn’t matter if a girl played 11 out of 12 years with an OYSA team and/or FCP. She was in a Thorns Jersey when she signed her NLI so we are counting her. Besides everyone knows college coaches want these girls playing a higher level to get ready for college.

(As the parent of a kid who didn’t play ECNL or DA, the level of hypocrisy from both sides is laughable.)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X