Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DAP to third tier NPL ?

Just not enough slots, sorry. Some nervous parents' nightmares are coming true. Love it!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just not enough slots, sorry. Some nervous parents' nightmares are coming true. Love it!
    Why does this make you happy?

Comment

Why does this make you happy?
      Agreed. Why so dooshy?

Comment

And some are choosing NPL over DA. Not sure why this matters? Every year kids move up and down, leave for other teams and clubs, and leave soccer altogether. This is expected and common.

Comment

I think Stars NPL is the single toughest team to sell. It’s a 3rd team that asks you to pay/travel just like a first team. I feel for those who get bumped out of both of their top 2 teams, but can’t imagine many will stay in the club.

Comment

You take delight in teenage girls getting demoted? You really are a douche

Comment

And some are choosing NPL over DA. Not sure why this matters? Every year kids move up and down, leave for other teams and clubs, and leave soccer altogether. This is expected and common.
              Yes, nothing new here but it is *definitely* that time of year. As someone said in the other thread, if you haven't heard by now, you are right to be nervous. Waiting list at best.

Comment

I think Stars NPL is the single toughest team to sell. It’s a 3rd team that asks you to pay/travel just like a first team. I feel for those who get bumped out of both of their top 2 teams, but can’t imagine many will stay in the club.
                I agree! Going from BBA DA to their NPL team is a much different thing, than going from Stars DA to Stars NPL. For one, it’s their 2nd team and not their 3rd team. And more importantly, the cost and travel is MUCH easier in NEP NPL, and why I think why most of girls that I have heard going from BBA DA to their NPL are doing it on purpose, not because they were cut. Stars DA players getting cut from both ECNL teams next year is rough! I feel for them I really do. This time of year sucks for many kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Yes but it was the 2nd team until DA came along. A lot of players were encouraged to go DA and chose to stay NPL awaiting the outcome of the first year. So not really the third team at all. Maybe on paper.

Comment

Yes but it was the 2nd team until DA came along. A lot of players were encouraged to go DA and chose to stay NPL awaiting the outcome of the first year. So not really the third team at all. Maybe on paper.
                    But next year it definitely is, and I assume all those NPL girls did want to get on one of the 2 ECNL teams. If they didn’t make the ECNL cut for next year, then it really is the 3rd team now.

Comment

But next year it definitely is, and I assume all those NPL girls did want to get on one of the 2 ECNL teams. If they didn’t make the ECNL cut for next year, then it really is the 3rd team now.
                      But NPL is the third league now too. GDA/ECNL battling it out for #1 and #2, NPL 3rd. Also, not all current GDA girls will stay with the club/move into ECNL, freeing up spots. Not everyone will get what they want but some will. Happens every year, especially with USSF mucking about every year (age change, then GDA, who knows what next year)

Comment

But NPL is the third league now too. GDA/ECNL battling it out for #1 and #2, NPL 3rd. Also, not all current GDA girls will stay with the club/move into ECNL, freeing up spots. Not everyone will get what they want but some will. Happens every year, especially with USSF mucking about every year (age change, then GDA, who knows what next year)
                        Well you can technically call the NPL the third league in the pyramid, unlike the Northeast NPL, the NEP/NPL currently has a lot of 1st (& BBA’s 2nd) teams in it, and even DBAs second team has a ton of first team talent in it. The same cannot be said about the Northeast NPL league. That was the point the other poster was trying to make. It is a much tougher sell.

Comment

Another thread on the same tired subject. Someone is selling.

Comment

Enough with the "best" league Bs you've already hooked enough suckers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X