Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain U free vs paid

Can coaches reach out to you if you use the free version of Captain U? I know many feel it's a waste. But for those of you who have used it, is the free version ok to use ?

99.99% of the emails will consist of camp invites sent to hundreds of players. If a coach wants to talk with your kid they won't use these types of services.

Comment

Captain U is a match-making site for colleges and players. It's a conversation starter between the 2 parties. Will it get you a scholarship? No. But it will get you exposure and begin correspondence. Yes there are the inevitable camp emails. But there are also emails that show legitimate interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Captain U is a match-making site for colleges and players. It's a conversation starter between the 2 parties. Will it get you a scholarship? No. But it will get you exposure and begin correspondence. Yes there are the inevitable camp emails. But there are also emails that show legitimate interest.
        Coaches won't start conversations via Cap U and a player because they are limited by NCAA rules until junior year. All they can do is send you camp invites. Anything prior to that either has to be initiated by the player or the coach going through the player's club to skirt the no contact rule.

Comment

Cap U is great but to get the full benefits you have to subscribe to the paid services.

Comment

Cap U is great but to get the full benefits you have to subscribe to the paid services.
            One would expect that was true for any Freemium service. In the specific case of Cap U, what exactly are those benefits, and are theyworth it?

Seems to me there is an inherent contradiction between what Cap.U sells (access to coaches) and what NCAA permits (no contact). By junior year, scholarship relationships b have already been formed via other channels (player initiated and via club)

Comment

One would expect that was true for any Freemium service. In the specific case of Cap U, what exactly are those benefits, and are theyworth it?

Seems to me there is an inherent contradiction between what Cap.U sells (access to coaches) and what NCAA permits (no contact). By junior year, scholarship relationships b have already been formed via other channels (player initiated and via club)
              We did the lowest cost service for a few months ($20/month I think) just to see who was viewing the profile, or put my kid on their list. It was another reference point in terms of what level of program was appropriate. Did find out about a camp that wasn't previously on their list and that's where they ended up going. That was a mass email but for some reason it got my kids' attention. That said. beyond a few months of data there was no use for it. All coach contact was initiated by my player and/or through the club until a junior.

Comment

I do not know any collegiate coaches that use systems such as Captain U. You are better off filling in the recruitment questionnaire and using personal email to correspond.

Comment

I do not know any collegiate coaches that use systems such as Captain U. You are better off filling in the recruitment questionnaire and using personal email to correspond.
                  +1 on this

Comment

+1 on this
                    All that I ever saw as far as profile views and contacts was from a bunch of low level schools I have never heard of.

Comment

All that I ever saw as far as profile views and contacts was from a bunch of low level schools I have never heard of.
                      Or camp invites from schools that are notorious for having those massive camps. One sent my kid 15 invites in a two month period. Evidently they were too inept at keeping a list of invites to avoid that situation

Comment

Can coaches reach out to you if you use the free version of Captain U? I know many feel it's a waste. But for those of you who have used it, is the free version ok to use ?
                        Not worth the time invested. All it did was give us more junk mail. I have two kids playing in college. Do it the old fashion way. Identify the possible schools of interest and email the coach asking him/her to come see you play at club tournaments. Unless the coach lives in or close to your town, they will never come watch a HS game.

Comment

Why on earth would anyone use this service? Contact coaches, send updates, play on a club that goes to events the coach will be at, attend college id clinic, repeat. No one hides their contact info.

Comment

no recruiting service is worth a dime.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X