Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ethics!

Did anyone else receive an email from OYSA about Westside Timbers try outs? Surely this is unethical? I wonder if parents living on the Eastside got one for ETFC try outs?

Jesus, Westside is amazing at irritating surrounding clubs - been doing it since 1993!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Did anyone else receive an email from OYSA about Westside Timbers try outs? Surely this is unethical? I wonder if parents living on the Eastside got one for ETFC try outs?
      Do tell what this email said...

Comment

I got one, but my kids play at Westside. Are you affiliated (currently or formerly) with Westside?

If this is a service that OYSA makes available to all clubs on an equal basis (including having to pay for it), I don't see any ethical issues. If OYSA is only doing this for one club, and other clubs can't get such mailings, that would be a minor problem.

BTW--ETFC generally refers to Eugene Timbers, "ET" is the official shorthand for Eastside Timbers.

Comment

it is a paid service offered by OYSA.

Congratulations Westside - you have passed the Timbers (for today only) as the most hated youth club in Oregon.

Comment

Do tell what this email said...
            Just a promotional flyer for Westside Timbers, but sent from Affinity Sports on behalf of OYSA. Nothing outrageous or offensive on the flyer itself, but OP is concerned that OYSA is doing things for Westside that it isn't doing for other clubs.

As to the arrangements behind this flyer, I've no idea.

Comment

Should I be pissed that I didn't get the email? My kid plays in OYSA!!!

Comment

it is a paid service offered by OYSA.

Congratulations Westside - you have passed the Timbers (for today only) as the most hated youth club in Oregon.
                Cool. Got to keep our reputation intact.

Seriously--if a club pays OYSA (which has been struggling of late) money for a promotional flyer, that makes them public enemy #1? Especially if this service is available to all clubs?

Comment

Cool. Got to keep our reputation intact.

Seriously--if a club pays OYSA (which has been struggling of late) money for a promotional flyer, that makes them public enemy #1? Especially if this service is available to all clubs?
                  If it is available to every club and they don't know, then kudos to Westside for getting a competitive advantage.

However, if Westside was privately told of this new oysa service then there is an issue.

Comment

All clubs can do this through OYSA for a fee, good smart move by Westside.

Comment

Can we please add the older brother who refs his brother's games and the goals at Conestoga to this discussion?

Comment

I got one, but my kids play at Westside. Are you affiliated (currently or formerly) with Westside?

If this is a service that OYSA makes available to all clubs on an equal basis (including having to pay for it), I don't see any ethical issues. If OYSA is only doing this for one club, and other clubs can't get such mailings, that would be a minor problem.

BTW--ETFC generally refers to Eugene Timbers, "ET" is the official shorthand for Eastside Timbers.
                        Thank you - I'm a Eugene parent trying to figure out why OYSA would be helping Eastside poach our players. But honestly it wouldn't even surprise me at this point. The Timbers Alliance only benefits Eastside, Westside, Salem (because they are covering the fees for the u23's now) and Vancouver. We can't even get the Timbers to acknowledge we exist down in lowly Eugene.

Comment

Just a promotional flyer for Westside Timbers, but sent from Affinity Sports on behalf of OYSA. Nothing outrageous or offensive on the flyer itself, but OP is concerned that OYSA is doing things for Westside that it isn't doing for other clubs.

As to the arrangements behind this flyer, I've no idea.
                          The clubs pay OYSA to send out tryouts information.

The clubs pay OYSA to advertise their tryouts in the now-online Goal Lines.

Maybe there was an error in the ad and it was fixed?

I'm registered to receive OYSA Affinity emails but haven't seen anything.

What club are you currently with? What role do you have?

Thanks

Comment

Thank you - I'm a Eugene parent trying to figure out why OYSA would be helping Eastside poach our players. But honestly it wouldn't even surprise me at this point. The Timbers Alliance only benefits Eastside, Westside, Salem (because they are covering the fees for the u23's now) and Vancouver. We can't even get the Timbers to acknowledge we exist down in lowly Eugene.
                            None of those clubs cover U23 fees. If they did, it would be included in the fees we all pay.

Please provide documented proof.

Comment

Did you call OYSA and ask them about your issue?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X