Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Read the rules. You have to be in an FYSA approved league. See Item #5, Page 4. Keeps a lot of Rec teams from participating. It's a stupid rule:

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...(10.25.16).pdf
    CRICKETS!!!!!!

So what league does your kid play in? I would like to see for myself if it is an approved league. Also, what age group?

And don't give me the crap about "we play in an in-house league". If that is the case, you are nothing more than an I9 or a YMCA team. Send a little more and go to a club that offers more then a "show up to the field and we will play league".
    As I thought... You have no idea what you are talking about!!!

Comment

How does a "Pre-Academy" team get to play at this level of a tournament? BU must be pretty desperate and the state is also at fault for allowing it to happen.
      One, they are registered with FYSA like any other team, they play in leagues etc like any normal team.

Two, any club can call any team "Pre-Academy" it really means nothing but makes parents feel important. I can say my kid goes to "Pre-Harvard" high school. Does not mean anything other than he is in high school.

Comment

One, they are registered with FYSA like any other team, they play in leagues etc like any normal team.

Two, any club can call any team "Pre-Academy" it really means nothing but makes parents feel important. I can say my kid goes to "Pre-Harvard" high school. Does not mean anything other than he is in high school.
        I would think that if yin are playing for a "Pre-Academy" team that you would be "above" playing in a rec level tournament that essentially replaced the Kohl's Cup.

Comment

How does a "Pre-Academy" team get to play at this level of a tournament? BU must be pretty desperate and the state is also at fault for allowing it to happen.
          Clubs that have Academy name their lower "Travel" teams as Pre-Academy as those players that have not developed to the Academy level are placed in a pool of PreAcademy as "Academy is the goal". The goal of all full Academy clubs (Kendall, Weston, Boca United, and Orlando City) is to develop these players to the Academy level.

Pre-Academy is just that. Don't let the name scare you. There's Pre-Academy 1 and Pre-Academy 2 aka Black, Gold, White, Red, Grey all mean the same. Would it make you feel better if it was Boca United Silver, Boca United Gold, Boca United Black?

Comment

By the way that U12 team from BU has several 2006 or 2007 players playing up because the team is not big kids. We faced them in commissioner's regions game and the over all team is small in size with two tall defenders (2005s) and a tall goalie (2005) but overall, the rest of the team must be 2006/07s playing up.

Comment

By the way that U12 team from BU has several 2006 or 2007 players playing up because the team is not big kids. We faced them in commissioner's regions game and the over all team is small in size with two tall defenders (2005s) and a tall goalie (2005) but overall, the rest of the team must be 2006/07s playing up.
              There's one maybe two 2006s I doubt that they are 2007s as the skills set and awareness of the field was intact, 2007 too young for U12 but you never know. There's a 2006 played up front in that team that when he wants to turn on the speed juice the kid is fun to watch.

Comment

no 07's couple 06's a few kids that also play on u12 academy team that are dp where on this team.

Comment

no 07's couple 06's a few kids that also play on u12 academy team that are dp where on this team.
                  BU cheated by using academy dp kids in their lineup.

Comment

hey troll these are 10/11 yr old (06s) playing against 12 (05s) players. So they cheated because they used younger players to beat your older team LOL :)

Comment

You must NOT know what dp stand for. These are NOT academy player but under their developmental program "DP" that's why the term "PRE" Academy is used. It's "PRIOR" to their entry to that level if the players continues to develop as we use use that term in Weston. Pre and Black is our developmental players that will fight it out for a spot on the academy the following season.

Comment

every team every club has kids that play up

Comment

You must NOT know what dp stand for. These are NOT academy player but under their developmental program "DP" that's why the term "PRE" Academy is used. It's "PRIOR" to their entry to that level if the players continues to develop as we use use that term in Weston. Pre and Black is our developmental players that will fight it out for a spot on the academy the following season.
                          they have played in academy games at Bu

Comment

every team every club has kids that play up
                            I'm at lost of words for the trolling that goes on here. Guys these are kids. From the list of teams one troll focuses his negative view of 1 team. I guess his kid didn't get invited to the sandbox or just plain Mr. Negative or has his heart on for Boca.

Comment

they have played in academy games at Bu
                              Congrats to those kids.

Comment

There's one maybe two 2006s I doubt that they are 2007s as the skills set and awareness of the field was intact, 2007 too young for U12 but you never know. There's a 2006 played up front in that team that when he wants to turn on the speed juice the kid is fun to watch.
                                Bu stole that player from Weston.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X