Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The 2 clubs who opted to play in another league hasn't changed the baseline standard of OYSA league or State Cup locally, instead those clubs rack up losses in another league vs losing locally. It's irrelevant.

The DA on the other hand has had a dramatic impact on club soccer in Oregon removing the very best players from every club.
    Keep dreaming. The DA continues to struggle pulling top talent because people see the program for what it is. Average coaches who think wearing green jackets makes them pros.

Comment

Keep dreaming. The DA continues to struggle pulling top talent because people see the program for what it is. Average coaches who think wearing green jackets makes them pros.
      No matter, it's paid for so it's attractive to families. Economics will always win the day.

We have so little top (player) talent in the metro area and have way too many 'clubs' gripping to keep the average kid paying/playing at their club so the staff coaches and DOC's can keep their inflated salaries, monies they would never see in the real labor force. If any of these youth club coaches, could coach, they would have jobs in that field at a college or the pros. They don't and never will. Plus they can make more money locally at the rec clubs and don't have to worry about any on the field results with their club teams. It's better than being tenured. It's requires about as much skill as scratching off an Oregon Lottery card. The Timbers organization is littered with the same youth coaches as the clubs, these fools make far less than the club coaches, but get the best players to work with top talent in area. Kids that would never come to them if the Timbers/Thorns weren't paying the players way. Nice choices.

Comment

Ecnl has nothing to do with the horrible contract madding signed. Was anyone who was at the oysa- timbers meeting comment on it?

Comment

Ecnl has nothing to do with the horrible contract madding signed. Was anyone who was at the oysa- timbers meeting comment on it?
          Makes sense sense the ECNL has nothing to do with Oregon Youth Soccer. The ECNL is a league offering by US Club Soccer based out of Myrtle Beach South Carolina.

OYSA is a USYS member not US Club.

CU aka THUSC/LOSC & FC Portland like many clubs have members dual registered in US Club and USYS (OYSA).

Comment

No matter, it's paid for so it's attractive to families. Economics will always win the day.

We have so little top (player) talent in the metro area and have way too many 'clubs' gripping to keep the average kid paying/playing at their club so the staff coaches and DOC's can keep their inflated salaries, monies they would never see in the real labor force. If any of these youth club coaches, could coach, they would have jobs in that field at a college or the pros. They don't and never will. Plus they can make more money locally at the rec clubs and don't have to worry about any on the field results with their club teams. It's better than being tenured. It's requires about as much skill as scratching off an Oregon Lottery card. The Timbers organization is littered with the same youth coaches as the clubs, these fools make far less than the club coaches, but get the best players to work with top talent in area. Kids that would never come to them if the Timbers/Thorns weren't paying the players way. Nice choices.
            You lost this argument with your second sentence "economics will always win the day."

For truly needy families, $2000/year is out of reach. Honestly, a $125 tryout fee is out of reach and demonstrates that thorns GDA cares nothing about helping the neediest kids have a high quality experience. Those kids are priced out by your tryout fee! So get off your high horse.

For non-needy families, they aren't interested in cheap for their daughters. Most of us realize these years are fleeting and if our daughter is happy, we will gladly pay for that experience. My daughter plays for a TA team that, with our traveling, costs me $6-7k/year. She is happy, getting to play at quality events, has great coaches and teammates, and is enjoying her soccer and high school experience. You actually expect me to change any of that to save a few bucks? Sorry, but with my kid (who was heavily recruited for GDA at ODP last year), economics don't "win the day."

Comment

You lost this argument with your second sentence "economics will always win the day."

For truly needy families, $2000/year is out of reach. Honestly, a $125 tryout fee is out of reach and demonstrates that thorns GDA cares nothing about helping the neediest kids have a high quality experience. Those kids are priced out by your tryout fee! So get off your high horse.

For non-needy families, they aren't interested in cheap for their daughters. Most of us realize these years are fleeting and if our daughter is happy, we will gladly pay for that experience. My daughter plays for a TA team that, with our traveling, costs me $6-7k/year. She is happy, getting to play at quality events, has great coaches and teammates, and is enjoying her soccer and high school experience. You actually expect me to change any of that to save a few bucks? Sorry, but with my kid (who was heavily recruited for GDA at ODP last year), economics don't "win the day."

1 kid out of 70,000 OYSA members does not win any argument it only highlights the insignificance of your theory. Well done.

It's not an argument, the Timbers MLS DA has no competitor from the local club market after 5 years of attracting the best Oregon has to offer from all the local clubs.

The Thorns NWSL DA will evolve into the same tier as the MLS Timbers DA within a year or two. You can't stop it unless you can remove the Timbers/Thorns and US Soccer. Which you can't.

It's subsidized and sponsored by US Soccer. No club in our area has that distinction.

Comment

It's subsidized and sponsored by US Soccer. No club in our area has that distinction.
                You forgot to mention subsidized by oysa. Public non-profit entities subsidizing for-profit endeavors - god bless America!

Comment

You have highlighted exactly what the GDA is attempting to change. Most of the "top players" are from higher income families. The economics don't matter to you but they give your children a significant advantage because youth soccer is so damn expensive. I don't think many of the people leading this change at US Soccer were thinking of families like yours when they decided to institute these changes thru the GDA.

ECNL is $8,000 to $10,000 oer year and that is a hell of a lot more than the $2000 the GDA costs. If you don't think that is a big difference for most families you need to get outside your little country club bubble.

Comment

You forgot to mention subsidized by oysa. Public non-profit entities subsidizing for-profit endeavors - god bless America!
                    O.y.s.a has barely enough disposable cash to sponsor a white cargo van named Vinny.

THIS nearly broke non profit has cash reserves to pay for the Timbers/Thorns DA?

Who knew.

Comment

O.y.s.a has barely enough disposable cash to sponsor a white cargo van named Vinny.

THIS nearly broke non profit has cash reserves to pay for the Timbers/Thorns DA?

Who knew.
                      The only reason OYSA is broke now that soccer is back under one umbrella is because the Timbers are taking all money except for player cards.

Comment

You have highlighted exactly what the GDA is attempting to change. Most of the "top players" are from higher income families. The economics don't matter to you but they give your children a significant advantage because youth soccer is so damn expensive. I don't think many of the people leading this change at US Soccer were thinking of families like yours when they decided to institute these changes thru the GDA.

ECNL is $8,000 to $10,000 oer year and that is a hell of a lot more than the $2000 the GDA costs. If you don't think that is a big difference for most families you need to get outside your little country club bubble.
                        No country club here, sorry to disappoint you. And as I said earlier my kid plays for a TA team, not ECNL. Guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. But keep defending a program with a $125 tryout fee that is somehow magically accessible to needy kids. Our TA club charges no tryout fee and awards nearly $100k in scholarships so needy kids can play. Granted they don't get to wear a thorns patch. But save your high horse for someone more gullible. Your GDA is no better at making soccer accessible to needy kids than ECNL is. When you're poor, it doesn't matter whether it's a $125 tryout fee, a $2,000 annual fee, or an $8,000 annual fee. It's all out of reach.

Comment

The only reason OYSA is broke now that soccer is back under one umbrella is because the Timbers are taking all money except for player cards.
                          Nobody can 'take' anything from OYSA that was never paid to OYSA. Take that to the bank.

Comment

No country club here, sorry to disappoint you. And as I said earlier my kid plays for a TA team, not ECNL. Guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. But keep defending a program with a $125 tryout fee that is somehow magically accessible to needy kids. Our TA club charges no tryout fee and awards nearly $100k in scholarships so needy kids can play. Granted they don't get to wear a thorns patch. But save your high horse for someone more gullible. Your GDA is no better at making soccer accessible to needy kids than ECNL is. When you're poor, it doesn't matter whether it's a $125 tryout fee, a $2,000 annual fee, or an $8,000 annual fee. It's all out of reach.
                            Seriously, in our market you have two choices for girls:

1) Selected to play for the NWSL Portland Thorns USDA or

2) play at a local neighborhood club.

That's it.

BTW, US Soccer has scholarships for the truly needy in the DA program both boys and girls.

You are hopeless.

Comment

Nobody can 'take' anything from OYSA that was never paid to OYSA. Take that to the bank.
                              It's clear you're not very smart. That's the scam. The Timbers run the leagues and make the money keeping OYSA broke. OYSA is nothing more than a front for the Timbers to rip off youth soccer. It's fraud. This will blow up eventually.

Comment

Sounds like OYSA problem..no linkage to the Timbers/Thorns USDA.

Why are you so desperate and grasping at straws.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X