Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Membership has its privileges'

to paraphrase the old school American Express Ad.

Can the old school-old boys network keep the piece of the pie they built by circling the wagons against any competition that makes their product look weak and selling those 'privileges' Colleges are getting an over-hyped product, how much will families pay? Oregon Thorns Academy seems to be selling its da at an all-inclusive price of $2k annually that's covers all player travel as well and and locally Stars is talking about bussing teams to stay price competitive at no cost to the seller, Big K style

Just sayin'

We pay for nothing at the Revs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Do the Revs even cover your player travel expenses? If so kudos.

When my D was younger I wondered why her club didn't do the charter bus thing with chaperones. While some parents like to travel I still think like HS soccer it might have helped team chemistry.

I looked up the slogan and this article came up, it weighs the privledges of membership against the benefits of community. In our experience club soccer often lacks the latter. Possibly a shift will be bigger than just the addition of da teams to the girls side. All the fuss over finding/training 'individual NT caliber' players isn't enough. Team chemistry is important to the possession at a high speed of play game too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stickyb...rivileges/amp/

Comment

I looked up the slogan and this article came up, it weighs the privledges of membership against the benefits of community. In our experience club soccer often lacks the latter. Possibly a shift will be bigger than just the addition of da teams to the girls side. All the fuss over finding/training 'individual NT caliber' players isn't enough. Team chemistry is important to the possession at a high speed of play game too.
        Chemistry is one factor for sure. But the lack of possession is more a result of the US system than not enough team bus trips. Unless the bus includes a turf field and the kids are required to play to and from the games ;)

Comment

Do the Revs even cover your player travel expenses? If so kudos.
          Yes (for matches outside of Mass, CT, and NH).

Comment

Are there lower income players playing for the revs?

Comment

Are there lower income players playing for the revs?
              I don't know everyone's financial situation, but would guess about 25% might fit the label.

Comment

Perhaps if you did imagine the difference

Comment

Now that's a draw. Are the travel costs of all the players covered on the trips outside of that circle?

Comment

Chemistry is one factor for sure. But the lack of possession is more a result of the US system than not enough team bus trips. Unless the bus includes a turf field and the kids are required to play to and from the games ;)
                    Plenty of places to stop and kick the ball around on a bus trip. Lol

Comment

Now that's a draw. Are the travel costs of all the players covered on the trips outside of that circle?
                      Yes, and food!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X