•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

Hate much? Real soccer is played on grass?? Hahahahaha

We live in the northwest hater. Harmony also has 8 grass fields.
    No, Harmony also has 5 mud fields.

Comment

Part of the "fix" would be to put in another entrance, and expand parking. itsnot just fixing what is currently there.
      Estimates are over $2M to "fix" the parking lot. It's built on a bog (that's why all the gravel the put down every year just sinks out of sight), and needs to be dug down deeply to create a stable base for a new surface. Not to mention it'll take 1/2 mill just to do the environmental assessment...

Comment

Absolutely. And the "fixes" should have been at the very least planned and designed before taking away needed parking to build a 3rd field.
        The reason they couldn't wait was for a good reason. There were grants they were awarded that would have ran out if they waited, and they had all the legal paperwork completed (all the zoning ect) that would have expired if they waited so they would have had to pay to have all that done again for just the 3rd field. So money wise it was kind of now or potentially not for a long long time. So I don't blame them. Plus by putting in the 3rd turf field thats even more information to help them push the city to fix the parking lot.

Comment

The reason they couldn't wait was for a good reason. There were grants they were awarded that would have ran out if they waited, and they had all the legal paperwork completed (all the zoning ect) that would have expired if they waited so they would have had to pay to have all that done again for just the 3rd field. So money wise it was kind of now or potentially not for a long long time. So I don't blame them. Plus by putting in the 3rd turf field thats even more information to help them push the city to fix the parking lot.
          Well, I hope they start offering shuttle service to the fields from a nearby shopping mall or something. It's really unacceptable to have so little parking by a complex that has such high usage.

Comment

Well, I hope they start offering shuttle service to the fields from a nearby shopping mall or something. It's really unacceptable to have so little parking by a complex that has such high usage.
            They are well aware of the parking issue ... it's a temporary strain that everyone will have to deal with until construction is done. Think about when they cause a lot of traffic in order to pave a road (a temporary headache for future benefit)

Of course there are plans to expand the parking. Currently, there is a lot of unused space out there which can be cleared and made into temporary parking.

Eventually, as someone already mentioned, the plan is to tie into the intersection on 192nd with a 2nd entrance and pave the entire thing.

The other things mentioned (futsal facility, fitness center, stadium grass field, bar, etc.) are all plans for future development. Phase 3,4,5 etc.

Patience everyone! Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

Comment

They are well aware of the parking issue ... it's a temporary strain that everyone will have to deal with until construction is done. Think about when they cause a lot of traffic in order to pave a road (a temporary headache for future benefit)

Of course there are plans to expand the parking. Currently, there is a lot of unused space out there which can be cleared and made into temporary parking.

Eventually, as someone already mentioned, the plan is to tie into the intersection on 192nd with a 2nd entrance and pave the entire thing.

The other things mentioned (futsal facility, fitness center, stadium grass field, bar, etc.) are all plans for future development. Phase 3,4,5 etc.

Patience everyone! Rome wasn't built in a day ;)
              And the decision makers in the club have reserved parking spots at Harmony so they really don't care.

Comment

And the decision makers in the club have reserved parking spots at Harmony so they really don't care.
                Have you even been out there? There are only 2 types of reserved parking out there, 1 is for handicap parking, and the 2nd is 2 spots for raffle winners from a fundraiser they did. Thats it.

Everyone wants the parking lot to get better and be improved. However you can't just magically create all the money needed for all those improvements. They had the money for the 3rd field, so they are doing it, good for them. They are finally on the state budget agenda, and are busy working hard to push the parking lot as a priority. IF YOU really are that upset then get involved and help them push the state to make this a priority issue and then guess what your parking lot issue will be fixed.

I love how everyone is complaining about the parking lot, when there is a solution which is actually close to us, but instead of complaining you could actually help do something to get that solution. Its within reach, and the more people who contact their local reps to show them its a priority the more likely it is to get moved up.

Comment

Have you even been out there? There are only 2 types of reserved parking out there, 1 is for handicap parking, and the 2nd is 2 spots for raffle winners from a fundraiser they did. Thats it.

Everyone wants the parking lot to get better and be improved. However you can't just magically create all the money needed for all those improvements. They had the money for the 3rd field, so they are doing it, good for them. They are finally on the state budget agenda, and are busy working hard to push the parking lot as a priority. IF YOU really are that upset then get involved and help them push the state to make this a priority issue and then guess what your parking lot issue will be fixed.

I love how everyone is complaining about the parking lot, when there is a solution which is actually close to us, but instead of complaining you could actually help do something to get that solution. Its within reach, and the more people who contact their local reps to show them its a priority the more likely it is to get moved up.
                  Yes, as I said earlier I was just there last weekend and noticed a row of reserved spots conveniently near the fields and out of the mud. Your raffle winners are going to get annoyed when people start stealing their spots because there's no alternative.

As far as me not doing anything, why is it my responsibility as an Oregon resident to fix your parking problem? My club's fields have more than adequate parking and when you come to our field for games you won't have to wear your hip waders to get through the potholes. Is it too much to ask for the same when we visit your fields?

Comment

A perfect Talking-Soccer microcosm:
                    We've got a gathering of pretty interested Oregon soccer minds together in one place, and when a club dreams big...you get an extended conversation about their parking lot.

Comment

We've got a gathering of pretty interested Oregon soccer minds together in one place, and when a club dreams big...you get an extended conversation about their parking lot.
                      I am thrilled they are thinking big . . . and I am glad folks mention the parking lot.

Comment

A turn signal on 192nd would be nice as well.

Comment

It's called getting a business loan.

Comment

Absolutely! So let's talking about the parking lot some more. Since the new turf took a huge portion of previous parking spaces, how will they create more spaces close to the fields?

Comment

I am glad your kid can do a double stepover in the backyard, but before you start bragging about it on Facebook can you please teach him to pass and play defense?

Comment

I am glad your kid can do a double stepover in the backyard, but before you start bragging about it on Facebook can you please teach him to pass and play defense?
                                This sounds serious!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X