Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok. You got me. The fact that our player card fees will increase by 33% the same year a funded GDA launches is simply an amazing coincidence. Nothing to see here.
    Quit responding to you own post.

I posted that the player card fees are not paying for the GDA. If you need verification, ask OYSA.

Comment

I posted that the player card fees are not paying for the GDA. If you need verification, ask OYSA.
      OYSA is nothing but a small admin office. All their profits sucked out by the Timbers for profit company.

Comment

This is me. Not responding to my own post. Again. And asking OYSA honchos anything is laughable. They don't lie much - only when their lips are moving. I suggest instead of getting defensive about the free soccer your kid is getting that you practice some gratitude, and sink those dollars into some training for your kid. Because my guess is there are 15-20 girls from ECNL teams who till take every minute of her playing time. But at least you'll only be paying $2k to watch her ride the pine.

Comment

This is me. Not responding to my own post. Again. And asking OYSA honchos anything is laughable. They don't lie much - only when their lips are moving. I suggest instead of getting defensive about the free soccer your kid is getting that you practice some gratitude, and sink those dollars into some training for your kid. Because my guess is there are 15-20 girls from ECNL teams who till take every minute of her playing time. But at least you'll only be paying $2k to watch her ride the pine.
          I thought no girls from ECNL were trying out for GDA? Sounds like they all are.

Comment

Ok. You got me. The fact that our player card fees will increase by 33% the same year a funded GDA launches is simply an amazing coincidence. Nothing to see here.
            Back in Nov/Dec OYSA board minutes reflect the increase in card fees coming. BTW Thorns GDA hadn't been publicly announced to anyone til the last week.

These independent events are not even in the ballpark of coincidence, what OYSA does has no bearing on what Peregrine does. They share no business relationship together that could even drive up prices at either outfit. Each is free to do their own business.

You would have better luck drawing a connection for the 30% price increase for unleaded gas at the pump in the same week as Peregrine (NWSL Thorns) launches a subsidized GDA program. It's simply just an amazing coincidence. Which it is in fact.

Need to repeat this for clarity what OYSA does with member card pricing is not related to Peregrine business enterprises.

Does the OYSA wish it could have all the revenue that Peregrine sucks up from clubs in team registration fee back in it's savings account, Hell yes. But they gave it away, that's on them.

What was your point?

Comment

Uhh, unless I'm mistaken, the card fee cost increase does not go to peregrine.

And the claim that the "Timbers are profitable, so they pay for boys DA, but the Thorns are not, so the money for GDA comes from running leagues and cups" doesn't pass the laugh test. Peregrine is Peregrine, and money is fungible. Perhaps the men are subsidizing the ladies, like happens at nearly every college and university in the country? You do know your Dad's scholarship is being paid for by the men's basketball and football programs, at least in Division I?

Following the money leads to a simpler conclusion: the local ECNL clubs don't want subsidized competition, and want to be on top of the girls soccer pyramid. They have been haughty and obnoxious while there, and now that they are facing a well funded challenge to their futbol feedlot, are going to try and throw every wrench in the works they can. Including, once again, trying to blow up OYSA.
              Timbers are fleecing youth soccer via running leagues at inflated costs which have gone up hundreds per team per season over what they used to be. Ask OYSA about the secretive 10 year contact they signed with the Timbers. It makes you wonder why it is a secret... Perigrin is a crooked business leeching money out of youth soccer for their own profit.

Comment

Timbers are fleecing youth soccer via running leagues at inflated costs which have gone up hundreds per team per season over what they used to be. Ask OYSA about the secretive 10 year contact they signed with the Timbers. It makes you wonder why it is a secret... Perigrin is a crooked business leeching money out of youth soccer for their own profit.
                So what. This is America. Figure out your own way to profit off kids and mind your own business.

Comment

So what. This is America. Figure out your own way to profit off kids and mind your own business.
                  LOL! Good point!

Comment

I did by having our club register with the ECNL, now that is in jeopardy with a fully funded NWSL Portland Thorns GDA program in town. Now you understand my obsession with the GDA. I've been trying to throw anything I can at it (GDA), but nothing sticks give our pricing structure at our club.

Hopefully tryout registrations improve real quick over the next week or I'm SOL.

Comment

If you are a board member resign.

Comment

Maybe you should go to the open meeting at OYSA on Saturday at 10am if you have questions - I know they can do math

Comment

OYSA is nothing but a small admin office. All their profits sucked out by the Timbers for profit company.
                          I'd like to see those ECNL clubs open their books for their members. If you saw the salaries some of these guys draw for minimal work, you'd probably think twice about writing that check to the club.

"Oh, but he has a accent! He must know soccer!"

Comment

If you are a board member resign.
                            Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

I'd like to see those ECNL clubs open their books for their members. If you saw the salaries some of these guys draw for minimal work, you'd probably think twice about writing that check to the club.

Most coaches barely make minimum wage when you consider how much time they spend dealing with idiots like you.

Comment

Coaches don't make shi te. It's the owners that make the big bucks. Which is exactly why so few clubs file as non profits - they don't want anyone knowing their business. It isn't worth it to them

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X