If you can't beat them, join them. MAPLE rebrands joins US Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean that they will need to roster by birth year starting next fall? My D's team is basically all 4th graders, with a pretty even split of 06 and 07's.

Comment

Won't be surprusude to see a NEP-MAPLE merger by 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Does this mean that they will need to roster by birth year starting next fall? My D's team is basically all 4th graders, with a pretty even split of 06 and 07's.
        They should have already gone by birth year NSL started it in the fall.

Also is GDAP part of us youth soccer not us club soccer?

Comment

How does this affect MYSA and the fields in Lancaster? With all those player registration fees now going to US Club, how does MYSA survive? What pct of reg fees is part of the economics at MYSA?

Comment

It means that the two leagues no longer operate in separate silos. They will meet on the field in state cups and tournaments
            It will certainly highlight that those top level NSL teams can compete with the NEP teams.

Comment

How does this affect MYSA and the fields in Lancaster? With all those player registration fees now going to US Club, how does MYSA survive? What pct of reg fees is part of the economics at MYSA?
              Great question.

Comment

Great question.
                The Exec. Dir at MYSA s/b fired. The handwriting has been on the wall for some time. They have done nothing to improve YS in Mass. They do not deserve the very high salaries up there on the hill.

Comment

Does this mean that coaches have to be licensed?

Comment

Is this the death of USYS soccer in New England
                    Not quite. USYS will still run town organizations that have rec and travel teams.

Comment

Not quite. USYS will still run town organizations that have rec and travel teams.
                      True. USYS should stick with its roots which are rec and travel. Premier is closed to them

Comment

It will certainly highlight that those top level NSL teams can compete with the NEP teams.
                        Sure they can compete with the nep teams in 2,3,4,5 brackets

Comment

This statement was true last year before SSS, FC Coastal, SPOL etc.... left Maple for NEP/NPL. Now not so much.

Comment

This statement was true last year before SSS, FC Coastal, SPOL etc.... left Maple for NEP/NPL. Now not so much.
                            On the whole you are right, but at younger age groups its a free for all. I define younger as u12 and down. Be nice if this move allows local clubs to give it a shot, and thus provides more options for players. My expectation is that showcase clubs continue to prey on parent pride and their brand becomes self-fulfilling

Comment

On the whole you are right, but at younger age groups its a free for all. I define younger as u12 and down. Be nice if this move allows local clubs to give it a shot, and thus provides more options for players. My expectation is that showcase clubs continue to prey on parent pride and their brand becomes self-fulfilling
                              That's where I'm coming from, U12/U13 ages. Not much difference between Maple and NEP. I wouldn't know what the older groups look like.

Comment

This is simply a circular recycling folks...move along, nothing to see hear everyone. We are fast approaching what Maple was some years ago in some ways, its just bigger now. A handful of clubs didnt like how things were going (perhaps rightfully so, I dont know) and formed their own gig. Now they have ended up similar to where they were some years ago, albeit now with a larger number of smaller clubs too. It will yet again just become one big league. At some point certain clubs will lose the control they wanted and will do it all over again...if they havent started to already that is. Welcome to youth soccer in america. And if the folks at US club soccer think they are that much smarter than USYS, please don't kid yourselves. Where do all the truly elite players ultimately aspire to play long term (other than some nice D1 school)...why the USYS National teams of course. Its all quite silly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X