• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From: Roberta Cloutier [mailto:roberta@oregonyouthsoccer.org]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:48 AM
    Subject: Portland Town Hall Meeting

Hello Everyone,

I’m following up with a few updates since our town hall meeting last weekend. More will come from our President, Steve Baker.

I’d be remiss however to not first of all thank you for attending! There were some tough questions, and this was the first opportunity we had seen in recent years that a town hall meeting was attended in such numbers. Your questions were tough. Your questions were fair. Above all however, your questions were welcomed. You have genuine concerns and we hear you and recognize them, and are working to manage them. We expressed our desire to help you, and that is prompting this email.

We’re committing to do a better job of transparency and communication. So, here is where we are at so far…

I met with Gavin and Mike Monday, and it was a good meeting. Our discussion was league/cup staffing management. I will be sending an announcement to all club’s tomorrow with this information. We are making progress, and a turn toward some of the key areas you pointed out. Steve will be meeting with Gavin later to discuss the contract and other questions that have been brought up. Matt will be attending the League Steering Committee this Friday. As we discussed in the meeting, this is not going to be an overnight fix, but something that takes time. We have started the process. It was reassuring to hear that you all supported us, and were even willing to assist with resources.

Steve will also be meeting with Mike this week about our board meeting next week in Providence Park that Gavin will be attending to answer questions from the board.
    You can be assured your concerns are our concerns, too, and we are voicing them. I believe that the Timbers also realize there are concerns and issues, and that they want to be amicable, too. Times have changed since 2014, and they realize that, too. This is another opportunity to move in the right direction.

More to come, but certainly want to make sure you are kept in the loop more often.

Thanks again everyone, and as always, feel free to reach out if there are issues.

Looking forward to working with all of you.

Roberta Cloutier
    I will summarize:

No changes.
    We have nothing meaningful to tell you.
    We are hoping getting a "special" email makes you feel important and heard.

Comment

It is a slight improvement over "how big a check can we make the clubs write to Peregrine the year and how many different ways can we screw over the clubs on Peregrine's behalf".

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        From: Roberta Cloutier [mailto:roberta@oregonyouthsoccer.org]
        Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:48 AM
        Subject: Portland Town Hall Meeting

Hello Everyone,

I’m following up with a few updates since our town hall meeting last weekend. More will come from our President, Steve Baker.

I’d be remiss however to not first of all thank you for attending! There were some tough questions, and this was the first opportunity we had seen in recent years that a town hall meeting was attended in such numbers. Your questions were tough. Your questions were fair. Above all however, your questions were welcomed. You have genuine concerns and we hear you and recognize them, and are working to manage them. We expressed our desire to help you, and that is prompting this email.

We’re committing to do a better job of transparency and communication. So, here is where we are at so far…

I met with Gavin and Mike Monday, and it was a good meeting. Our discussion was league/cup staffing management. I will be sending an announcement to all club’s tomorrow with this information. We are making progress, and a turn toward some of the key areas you pointed out. Steve will be meeting with Gavin later to discuss the contract and other questions that have been brought up. Matt will be attending the League Steering Committee this Friday. As we discussed in the meeting, this is not going to be an overnight fix, but something that takes time. We have started the process. It was reassuring to hear that you all supported us, and were even willing to assist with resources.

Steve will also be meeting with Mike this week about our board meeting next week in Providence Park that Gavin will be attending to answer questions from the board.
        You can be assured your concerns are our concerns, too, and we are voicing them. I believe that the Timbers also realize there are concerns and issues, and that they want to be amicable, too. Times have changed since 2014, and they realize that, too. This is another opportunity to move in the right direction.

More to come, but certainly want to make sure you are kept in the loop more often.

Thanks again everyone, and as always, feel free to reach out if there are issues.

Looking forward to working with all of you.

Roberta Cloutier
        Not one word about Sticky Fingers Madding. Transparency my ass!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X