X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OYSA - Reaching to the Clubs

Just got this:

I have been asked by some clubs about the Oregon Youth Soccer Association relationship with the Portland Timbers/Thorns, about our past Executive Director, John Madding, and where the Association is going.

These are not questions that can just be answered in brief emails or phone calls. I also believe that many of you have additional questions or concerns

To that end I am inviting you to a Town Hall meeting on April 22nd, 10am at our office. There will be no dial-in option.

I know that every weekend at this time of year has games at most playing-levels, but I hope you can send at least one member of your club to attend this important meeting.

We will be taking minutes at the meeting, and will pass those out to all clubs afterwards so that those who cannot attend will all get the same information.

Thanks,

Steve Baker
    President
    Oregon Youth Soccer

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just got this:

I have been asked by some clubs about the Oregon Youth Soccer Association relationship with the Portland Timbers/Thorns, about our past Executive Director, John Madding, and where the Association is going.

These are not questions that can just be answered in brief emails or phone calls. I also believe that many of you have additional questions or concerns

To that end I am inviting you to a Town Hall meeting on April 22nd, 10am at our office. There will be no dial-in option.

I know that every weekend at this time of year has games at most playing-levels, but I hope you can send at least one member of your club to attend this important meeting.

We will be taking minutes at the meeting, and will pass those out to all clubs afterwards so that those who cannot attend will all get the same information.

Thanks,

Steve Baker
    President
    Oregon Youth Soccer
    Steve or one of his minions is reading the chat board. Steve, I have a few questions:

Why is thorns academy saying the TA clubs unanimously support the GDA when this is a complete and utter falsehood?

Where do our fees go? How much of our fees is being used to underwrite the GDA? Where is the transparent accounting?

Why did you allow superstar thorns academy teams to sandbag in your winter league and Beaverton cup tournament? Did the thorns academy teams pay the same fees you charged us?

What do you know about the financial structure of thorns academy? What role does OYSA play in underwriting these teams? Will our fees go up further so these 96 kids can play for practically free?

Comment

Steve or one of his minions is reading the chat board. Steve, I have a few questions:

Why is thorns academy saying the TA clubs unanimously support the GDA when this is a complete and utter falsehood?

Where do our fees go? How much of our fees is being used to underwrite the GDA? Where is the transparent accounting?

Why did you allow superstar thorns academy teams to sandbag in your winter league and Beaverton cup tournament? Did the thorns academy teams pay the same fees you charged us?

What do you know about the financial structure of thorns academy? What role does OYSA play in underwriting these teams? Will our fees go up further so these 96 kids can play for practically free?
      Respectfully and earnestly only Peregrine can answer those questions. Contact Mr. Merritt Paulson.

See you are the Town Hall

Steve

Comment

Why are you hyperfocusing on GDA? Are you sexist and need to vent? ALL the Timbers Academy youth teams are being subsidized. The girls are still paying more than the boys. gold If you want to gripe than gripe about the 05 through 00 boys Academy Teams that you are also paying for.

Comment

Will there be a $125.00 admission fee for this meeting? Does that include parent travel?

Comment

Will there be a $125.00 admission fee for this meeting? Does that include parent travel?
            It's not an admission fee. That would be against the rules. It's $150 Organizational Assessment Fee (OAF). If 10 people from your club show up the OAF fee is reduced to $125/person. Hope this helps - Steve.

Comment

No since it's OYSA hosting the event donations will be gladly accepted and needed.

Brace yourself bitches and swallow the red pill at the door,

with in mind Laurence Fishburne will arrive at 930am to hand them out.

You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

Steve

Comment

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. We live in a world with soccer leagues run by organizations. Those leagues need to be protected by rich white men in office buildings. Whose gonna do that? You?!? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for OPL, and curse OYSA. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that OPL's death, while tragic, probably saved jobs, and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, ensures everyone in Oregon pays for 96 girls to play soccer on the cheap.

See you at the Town Hall,

Steve

Comment

Edit for accuracy and content. Nice try.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. We live in a Oregon with soccer leagues run by Timbers/Thorns. Those leagues need to be protected. Whose gonna do that? You?!? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for OYSA, and curse Timbers/Thorns. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that the OYSA death, while tragic, probably saved no jobs, and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, ensures everyone in Oregon pays for the Timbers/Thorns programs.

GW

cc MP

Comment

Why are you hyperfocusing on GDA? Are you sexist and need to vent? ALL the Timbers Academy youth teams are being subsidized. The girls are still paying more than the boys. gold If you want to gripe than gripe about the 05 through 00 boys Academy Teams that you are also paying for.
                    The boys academy is mandated by the MLS.

The GDA is not mandated. There are better ways to spend money to support youth soccer in Oregon rather than putting it into two teams to play "elite" travel soccer.

Comment

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. We live in a world with soccer leagues run by organizations. Those leagues need to be protected by rich white men in office buildings. Whose gonna do that? You?!? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for OPL, and curse OYSA. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that OPL's death, while tragic, probably saved jobs, and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, ensures everyone in Oregon pays for 96 girls to play soccer on the cheap.

Steve
                      36 girls

Comment

36 girls
                        4 teams times 24 per team equals 96. Math is hard, isn't it?

Steve

Comment

The boys academy is mandated by the MLS.

The GDA is not mandated. There are better ways to spend money to support youth soccer in Oregon rather than putting it into two teams to play "elite" travel soccer.
                          US soccer told all NWSL clubs to join.

Same thing as the MLS directive.

Comment

US soccer told all NWSL clubs to join.

Same thing as the MLS directive.
                            OYSA has nothing to do with GDA Thorns...

But the THUSC DOC and the 'United' part of the ECNL only club Crossfire 'United' is a head coach in the Thorns GDA.

THUSC is swimming in two cess pools.

Comment

Just got this:

Thanks,

Steve Baker
                              President
                              Oregon Youth Soccer
                              Will John Madding, Gavin Wilkinson and Merritt Paulson be at the town hall to defend themselves. Also is it ok for authorities and Press attend as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X