Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree at the older age groups, but OP brings up a good point in the case of the 04's. The NPL is already the top team so most will probably move on to DA. That means they are building NPL team from scratch.
    Agreed it is different for 2004. Depending on how much outside talent showed up for DA for 2004 and accepted their spot, will determine how many NPL spots are available. Theoretically the DA roster would be smaller than NPL due to the sun rules so the bottom tier should have been worried about their spot.

Comment

I agree at the older age groups, but OP brings up a good point in the case of the 04's. The NPL is already the top team so most will probably move on to DA. That means they are building NPL team from scratch.
      Yes and no. For 2004's, NEFC could build a new NPL team from the ground up or they can give the NPL slot to the current top NEP team in the age group, Southeast Elite. That team was supposed to be a "Premier South" team originally. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they did that and cracking the roster will be difficult. I've heard some of the current NPL players aren't going DAP next year and will drop down to that team.

Comment

Agreed it is different for 2004. Depending on how much outside talent showed up for DA for 2004 and accepted their spot, will determine how many NPL spots are available. Theoretically the DA roster would be smaller than NPL due to the sun rules so the bottom tier should have been worried about their spot.
        The sun rules? Do you mean sub rules?

Comment

The NPL roster is like 16. Pretty sure the DA team will have more than that.

Comment

Yes and no. For 2004's, NEFC could build a new NPL team from the ground up or they can give the NPL slot to the current top NEP team in the age group, Southeast Elite. That team was supposed to be a "Premier South" team originally. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they did that and cracking the roster will be difficult. I've heard some of the current NPL players aren't going DAP next year and will drop down to that team.
            Pretty sure that ain't happening.

Comment

Who knows, but NEFC hasn't communicated anything about how it plans to form the 2004 NPL team or who is coaching it, which is problematic.

Comment

Who knows, but NEFC hasn't communicated anything about how it plans to form the 2004 NPL team or who is coaching it, which is problematic.
                I have no inside knowledge, but I have been through it in the past with my older child at NEFC, and I assume it will work in a similar manner to what it has in the past. The majority current top team will make up the bulk of the new top DA team, with some new faces from outside club mixed in. If there are those who do not make the DA, or choose not to do it, they will be the top of the NPL roster. The rest of the NPL roster will be backfilled with a combo of of new players from outside of the club who were not good enough to make the DA roster, and the best of the rest of players from within the club, that are interested in playing NPL, have likely already expressed that interest to the powers that be (email coach and shown up at the DA clinics), and are willing to travel to the central region to train next year. That is how it works year after year on all the top two teams in almost every club actually.

Comment

New NPL alignment may affect this.

Comment

Ain't it nice when your club has competitive teams at multiple levels. A win for the consumer

Comment

Have they even sent out the DA contracts?

Comment

All DA Rosters to be finalized by next week is the word.

Comment

Offers went out, now it's just about who declines and maybe a few late offers to fill out a roster.

Comment

Offers went out, now it's just about who declines and maybe a few late offers to fill out a roster.
                            Anyone know who the coach will be for the 04 age group?

Comment

Everyone I have heard of accepted. Not a single decline from U-17 down as far as I know. Going to be strong teams.

Comment

Everyone I have heard of accepted. Not a single decline from U-17 down as far as I know. Going to be strong teams.
                                Stars not showing as much of a commitment to DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X