Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telling sign of panic

attempts to pivot the discussion from half million dollar investment in Oregon and SW Washington Girls with the Thorns GDA to obsessing over a nominal tryout fee of $125.

Tripping over $100 bills to pick up pennies.

Clueless and scared, nice combination.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    attempts to pivot the discussion from half million dollar investment in Oregon and SW Washington Girls with the Thorns GDA to obsessing over a nominal tryout fee of $125.

surprised you feel threatened given the inevitable conquest of the borg

Comment

I know. It is funny. The ECNL honks were so certain the Timbers & Thorns would never, ever make an investment in the girls side of the game, they are in shock. Rather than being excited about a great opportunity they are freaking out because they can no longer buy their way in.

Comment

I know. It is funny. The ECNL honks were so certain the Timbers & Thorns would never, ever make an investment in the girls side of the game, they are in shock. Rather than being excited about a great opportunity they are freaking out because they can no longer buy their way in.
        You ever think it just may be current Thorn parents?? Maybe they are nervous that they stuck it out for a couple of years and then just like that, they now have to go back to club because they are losing there spot.

It is even going to be harder now that the two top age groups will be combined teams. Kids are going to have to play somewhere.

Comment

Everyone seems to be missing the bigger point. I am as excited as anyone about the investment being made but let's get real about whether there is any credibility or trust in the leadership's ability to identify and and select the players worthy of this investment. Their track record to date has been abominable.

Comment

Everyone seems to be missing the bigger point. I am as excited as anyone about the investment being made but let's get real about whether there is any credibility or trust in the leadership's ability to identify and and select the players worthy of this investment. Their track record to date has been abominable.
            That's what's so hilarious there is so little if any real talent to choose from in the boys or girls side of things the investment in both the boys and girls DA is ludicrous as a practical matter. It's an MLS mandate and an NWSL structural feature. We don't have any history to support playing at the top tier of club DA soccer.

Timbers/Thorns will move this disaster out of Oregon to another location eventually. It will coincide with the OYSA breaking it's contract with Peregrine and cutting off the flow of honey.

Then and only then, all local clubs will be back to playing each other in the OYSA leagues and super teams and even super clubs will come from the ashes of this cesspool of delusion and mediocrity.

Comment

Thorns shouldn't panic. Just go out and find $30,000 to replace the exorbitant try out fees. Done deal easy.

Comment

ECNL parents!

Thorns shouldn't panic. Just go out and find $30,000 to replace the exorbitant try out fees. Done deal easy.
                The most clueless collection of parents I've EVER seen in any sport, in any part of the world.
                Happy to start and spread misinformation! If only your kids knew what you were doing on this forum...they'd be so embarrassed!

Comment

On what planet is a $125 try out fee even sort of reasonable? They are just trying to raise huge profits.

Comment

On what planet is a $125 try out fee even sort of reasonable? They are just trying to raise huge profits.
                    If they get 40 kids to tryouts that's pretty nice money especially considering many girls probably already get a spot.

Comment

Try Again

Pointing out that GDA is charging $125 tryout fee in direct violation of printed GDA rules is panic? Ok.

Pointing out that Thorns GDA practicing 3 times per week is not in line with GDA's directive of 4 practices a week is panic? Alright.

Pointing out that Thorns GDA teams having doubleheaders is in direct violation of GDA's written policy of one game per week is panic? I see.

I am a TA parent. I would be in total and complete support of a true GDA system that followed the stated GDA policies and directives and guidelines. On paper at least it appears to be a great program. What we have in Oregon is not GDA. It is a team playing with the Thorns name, in the GDA leagues (eventually), following some but not most of the GDA rules and philosophies and directives. This is of great concern to me. They haven't even had tryouts yet and they are already bending and modifying and adjusting and changing. What's to prevent them from modifying or adjusting or changing their fee structure halfway through the season?

I would be in complete support of a legitimate GDA program in Oregon. That is not what we have.

Comment

Pointing out that GDA is charging $125 tryout fee in direct violation of printed GDA rules is panic? Ok.

Pointing out that Thorns GDA practicing 3 times per week is not in line with GDA's directive of 4 practices a week is panic? Alright.

Pointing out that Thorns GDA teams having doubleheaders is in direct violation of GDA's written policy of one game per week is panic? I see.

I am a TA parent. I would be in total and complete support of a true GDA system that followed the stated GDA policies and directives and guidelines. On paper at least it appears to be a great program. What we have in Oregon is not GDA. It is a team playing with the Thorns name, in the GDA leagues (eventually), following some but not most of the GDA rules and philosophies and directives. This is of great concern to me. They haven't even had tryouts yet and they are already bending and modifying and adjusting and changing. What's to prevent them from modifying or adjusting or changing their fee structure halfway through the season?

I would be in complete support of a legitimate GDA program in Oregon. That is not what we have.
                        Considering GDA hasn't happened yet, I'm finding your post questionable.

Comment

That's obscene. Most try outs are nominal fees.

I thought US Soccer prohibited them charging any try out fee?

Comment

No one who is interested in the program is complaining about the tryout fee. It's $125 but if your kid makes the roster it's an $8k package for $2k all in. If your kid is awesome and you can't afford the $125 call the Timbers and ask to have it waived. The ONLY people in here who keep repeating this nonsense are ECNL parents who are freaking out and can't find anything else to complain about. Get over it already.

Comment

There is no excuse for a $125 try out fee. Unlesx the goal is to prevent kids from trying out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X