Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What if the coach runs a meth lab out of his garage?
    He is going to make a fortune. Coaches all over the state are detoxing after this thread. They are all going to need a little pick me up to take the edge off.

Comment

So I don't think I've had a club coach show up drunk. Maybe hungover different story obviously not very proffensional. Town rec depending on the time if it's an later game 3pm noticed some coaches not at 100%. I like to have a few but you just have to Waite till after the game. If you need to drink before a game there has to be a drinking problem and that person needs some help.
      Also though if an indoor facility has a bar how many parents are at the bar having a glass or 2 of wine or beer? That's probably not a good influence on your child.

Comment

So I don't think I've had a club coach show up drunk. Maybe hungover different story obviously not very proffensional. Town rec depending on the time if it's an later game 3pm noticed some coaches not at 100%. I like to have a few but you just have to Waite till after the game. If you need to drink before a game there has to be a drinking problem and that person needs some help.
        Also though if an indoor facility has a bar how many parents are at the bar having a glass or 2 of wine or beer? That's probably not a good influence on your child.
        I agree that person needs help. The sidelines, coaching kids, is not the place to be while getting help. If you betray the trust of parents and their kids you should never stand on those sidelines again. I couldn't imagine sending my kid back into that situation while just hoping the worst possible outcome doesn't happen.

Comment

How do you deal with a youth soccer coach that enjoys a couple of cocktails before coaching your kids?
          This question really wasn't asked to draw out the humor from the TS crowd. Although I definitely enjoy some of the humorous posts that I read on her daily. I am looking for some guidance or suggestions from anyone that may have gotten stuck dealing with this issue in the past.
          I'm a coach that watches parents at tournaments drinking from red Solo cups in the parking lot and then getting into the car to drive their kids home? Lots of parents. Should I call the cops?

Comment

What if the coach runs a meth lab out of his garage?
            Bollocks. None of me mates be that daft. Booze and babes be fun nuff. ;)

Comment

I'm a coach that watches parents at tournaments drinking from red Solo cups in the parking lot and then getting into the car to drive their kids home? Lots of parents. Should I call the cops?
              If you think they are drunk then yes.

Comment

I don't think there would be any coaches left if you stopped the drinks. It might be the end of club soccer.
                Try coaching your kid...

Comment

If you think they are drunk then yes.
                  None are drunk, all are impaired.

Comment

Just happened to club in RI. Major name club too.

Coach fired for drinking WITH players. May say good for the club but says alot about the characters you allow around your kids and who many times affect their futures.

Comment

You're at a loser club then.

Comment

I need at the minimum 10 drinks after coaching your kid!

Comment

I need at the minimum 10 drinks after coaching your kid!
                          Tournaments are the best.
                          One time we shaved our coaches eyebrows off when he passed out. Most fun we ever had at a soccer game, even the parents were laughing all weekend.

Comment

Just happened to club in RI. Major name club too.

Coach fired for drinking WITH players. May say good for the club but says alot about the characters you allow around your kids and who many times affect their futures.
                            There are consequences to your actions and it's great to hear that a club held a coach accountable for his poor decision. I think parents let their guard down because they are chasing their dreams through their kids. They allow themselves to be blinded to some of the situations they allow their kids to be a part of so they can keep chasing.

Comment

Sounds like Central MA club soccer....

Comment

There are consequences to your actions and it's great to hear that a club held a coach accountable for his poor decision. I think parents let their guard down because they are chasing their dreams through their kids. They allow themselves to be blinded to some of the situations they allow their kids to be a part of so they can keep chasing.
                                Providing alcohol or having a beer at dinner or team party while they (players) drink soda?
                                Big difference.
                                Proof, please.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X