Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What does own mean. More possession? More shots? Better soccer? Better athletes? Does GPS play more like FC or more.like CU? Wasn't GPS/Tiki Takas whole development approach possession and team soccer - pretty vs ugly ball?

I guess it would mean beat FCP head to head (Score) and in possession.

Comment

To the CU mouthpiece that keeps salivating at the idea of grabbing a few GPS girls to make your team better...have you seen these stats?? If anyone is jumping into the Oregon ECNL pile they would be fools to go to CU.

Crossfire United

03 ppg .45
      02 ppg .82
      01 ppg .64
      00 ppg .09

FC Portland

03 ppg .82
      02 ppg 1.27
      01 ppg 1.27
      00 ppg 1.55
      Take it easy there. Not salivating for anything. Just pointing out correctly that when FCP and CU played head to head CU came out on top. I think there is 1 point difference between the two now. I also said they were both not good but head to head CU was better.

Comment

Last time I checked it's not an individual sport?
        Obviously cause FCP has only one.

Comment

To the CU mouthpiece that keeps salivating at the idea of grabbing a few GPS girls to make your team better...have you seen these stats?? If anyone is jumping into the Oregon ECNL pile they would be fools to go to CU.

Crossfire United

03 ppg .45
          02 ppg .82
          01 ppg .64
          00 ppg .09

FC Portland

03 ppg .82
          02 ppg 1.27
          01 ppg 1.27
          00 ppg 1.55

Hey we almost scored a goal today. Almost. Maybe next game. Sounds like a heck of a development path...watch as those kids will be underdeveloped including ones not playing at all and the coaches will have to try to give away spots to make up for it.

Oh wait, that already happened....

You don't have to do a good job. You just have to be really good at getting people to think you are their only option..

Comment

Correct. That's why they need as many GPS girls as they can.. to show CU how to play.
            GPS is sending in decoys that will actually show them the wrong way to play.

Comment

GPS is sending in decoys that will actually show them the wrong way to play.
              At least one is.

Comment

CU rosters released yesterday. 19 girls on 03 team. Coach is very pleased.

Comment

CU rosters released yesterday. 19 girls on 03 team. Coach is very pleased.
                  Four dead weight players cut to be replaced by players developed elsewhere. Welcome to the revolving door of ECNL. Girls going to ECNL, remember to keep privately training with other coaches or you will be cut next year too!

Comment

Four dead weight players cut to be replaced by players developed elsewhere. Welcome to the revolving door of ECNL. Girls going to ECNL, remember to keep privately training with other coaches or you will be cut next year too!
                    I'm a TA parent but I find this argument really flawed. Isn't one of the hallmarks of competitive soccer to have a competitive tryout process? Are you saying that longevity or seniority should matter more than skill or talent? That makes no sense.

My DD knows every year when she goes to tryouts she has to earn her spot all over again. Why should it be any different with CU or FCP?

If a CU player isn't getting better, that may or may not be a different story. We've been involved in the club soccer world for almost 10 years. My experience is that when a kid's development falters, it's because of growth issues (puberty or "growing into their body"), because their time and attention is divided by other sports or activities (not saying this is bad, but it's a fact), or because the kid isn't working hard enough in and out of practice. My DD has had coaches she loved and others she didn't care for. Never once did I feel like the coach was solely responsible for her development. Most of that is on her and how hard she is willing to work.

Comment

It is a win-win-win. CU will have a stronger bench. The families coming in to CU will now get the playing time they desired; some kids don't perform well when they are competing for playing time. GPS unloaded a lot of negativity. After last night, I think GPS improved.

Comment

I'm a TA parent but I find this argument really flawed. Isn't one of the hallmarks of competitive soccer to have a competitive tryout process? Are you saying that longevity or seniority should matter more than skill or talent? That makes no sense.

My DD knows every year when she goes to tryouts she has to earn her spot all over again. Why should it be any different with CU or FCP?

If a CU player isn't getting better, that may or may not be a different story. We've been involved in the club soccer world for almost 10 years. My experience is that when a kid's development falters, it's because of growth issues (puberty or "growing into their body"), because their time and attention is divided by other sports or activities (not saying this is bad, but it's a fact), or because the kid isn't working hard enough in and out of practice. My DD has had coaches she loved and others she didn't care for. Never once did I feel like the coach was solely responsible for her development. Most of that is on her and how hard she is willing to work.
                        This! Another factor is the tryout pool each year. Our club usually takes a full 18'on high school teams. Some years the bottom 1-5 players should really be on the B team. The B team often has the same situation with their 18. If some better players show up to tryouts the next year, the better players usually bump the struggling bubble players. Not only is this fair, it is better for the bottom players to play on a lower team where they can play more. On elite teams like Ecnl/Gda, this process tends to be more cutthroat due to the nature of elite teams.

Comment

It is a win-win-win. CU will have a stronger bench. The families coming in to CU will now get the playing time they desired; some kids don't perform well when they are competing for playing time. GPS unloaded a lot of negativity. After last night, I think GPS improved.
                          Will the GPS players who moved to CU for '17-'18, still get to finish out State Cup & Regionals with Gps?

Comment

Will the GPS players who moved to CU for '17-'18, still get to finish out State Cup & Regionals with Gps?
                            State Cup of course.

Comment

The coach will shame them out of fear others leaving to do Thorns. Coach is about coach not kid.

Comment

it's very wise to have a back up club to play for like CU if you don't make the DA this year.
                                Families are getting smarter in this process which is a byproduct of the no loyalty culture and nothing to play for terrain.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X