Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    half of that composite team is ex GCF players- they were all recruited before they put on the baby blue uni
    No one has claimed otherwise. But nice try...

Comment

Here is the FSA list ranked by athletic and academic standards
      Central Connecticut State University 2017 - Weak
      Trinity College 2017 - slightly above average
      Loyola University Maryland 2017 - average
      Rollins College 2017 -weak
      Bently University 2017 - average
      Long Island University Post 2017- weak
      College of the Holy Cross 2017 -slightly above average
      University of Connecticut 2017 - average
      Smith College 2017 - above average
      Merrimack College 2017 - weak
      Hobart and William Smith College 2017 - average
      University of New Haven 2017 - weak
      Adelphi University 2017 -weak
      Southern Connecticut State University 2017 weak
      Amherst College 2017 above average
      Sacred Heart University 2017 slightly below average
      Seton Hall University 2017 average
      Says the guys who went to a Community College spending his time on TS putting teenage girls down.

Comment

Here is the FSA list ranked by athletic and academic standards
        Trinity College 2017 - slightly above average
        Loyola University Maryland 2017 - average
        Rollins College 2017 -weak
        Bently University 2017 - average
        Long Island University Post 2017- weak
        College of the Holy Cross 2017 -slightly above average
        University of Connecticut 2017 - average
        Smith College 2017 - above average
        Merrimack College 2017 - weak
        Hobart and William Smith College 2017 - average
        University of New Haven 2017 - weak
        Adelphi University 2017 -weak
        Southern Connecticut State University 2017 weak
        Amherst College 2017 above average
        Sacred Heart University 2017 slightly below average
        Seton Hall University 2017 average
        Uconn is average by athletic and academic standards? And by you're own "analysis" you should redo the ratio of decent to weak. You're way off on your math. Maybe a remedial elementary school math course is in order.

Comment

Uconn is average by athletic and academic standards? And by you're own "analysis" you should redo the ratio of decent to weak. You're way off on your math. Maybe a remedial elementary school math course is in order.
          Academically, a third of your kids graduating class probably got into college uconn. Sports wise, take out hoops and uconn athletics compared to other peer schools (state universities) is not good. Examples....Illinois, Florida, Virginia, penn state....mind you, three of the 4 are better than uconn academically as well. All are probabably cheaper in state tuition than uconn as well.

Comment

half of that composite team is ex GCF players- they were all recruited before they put on the baby blue uni
            The majority of those schools mentioned are schools that cfcu16 from prior year are going to. Maybe one or two schools are gcf.

Either way, the schools are better than Fsa u18 ecnl.

Comment

Says the guys who went to a Community College spending his time on TS putting teenage girls down.
              Where does the post talk about teenage girls? I see a list of colleges and one persons opinion on them.

Lighten up. I am sure you have checked out the list of colleges your kids high school has sent kids and I am sure you have an opinion on which are quality and I am sure you have said.....I can't believe little Susie is going there.

Comment

Academically, a third of your kids graduating class probably got into college uconn. Sports wise, take out hoops and uconn athletics compared to other peer schools (state universities) is not good. Examples....Illinois, Florida, Virginia, penn state....mind you, three of the 4 are better than uconn academically as well. All are probabably cheaper in state tuition than uconn as well.
                Struggled to get by your first sentence but I think you're saying it's easy to get accepted. So with your logic. Let's take football out of Florida, Penn State and then compare. Athletically equal to Uconn. Uconn has many sports teams in the top 20 as does those other programs. Uconn girls soccer alone has a much better history and have been in the title games more than your own list. Acceptance rates for Florida and Penn State higher than Uconn as well.

Comment

Struggled to get by your first sentence but I think you're saying it's easy to get accepted. So with your logic. Let's take football out of Florida, Penn State and then compare. Athletically equal to Uconn. Uconn has many sports teams in the top 20 as does those other programs. Uconn girls soccer alone has a much better history and have been in the title games more than your own list. Acceptance rates for Florida and Penn State higher than Uconn as well.
                  So you think penn state womens soccer is equal to UConn?

Virginia
                  UNC
                  Michigan
                  Penn State
                  Indiana

I can go on for a while.......tell me that academically and for just about any sport besides womens hoop that you think UConn is better...your smoking crack

Comment

Virginia
                    UNC
                    Michigan
                    Penn State
                    Indiana

I can go on for a while.......tell me that academically and for just about any sport besides womens hoop that you think UConn is better...your smoking crack
                    Historically UConn blows away Penn State in soccer. And Field Hockey... BOOM!

Comment

Historically UConn blows away Penn State in soccer. And Field Hockey... BOOM!
                      Not sure about blows away but yes a better record.

UCONN: 6 final 4s (4 title matches)
                      Penn State: 4 final 4s (one championship, 2 title matches)

Comment

Virginia
                        Michigan
                        Penn State
                        Indiana

So I'd like to see you go on and on because you cant really. Of the schools you listed so far:

Academically:
                        1) UVA
                        2) UNC
                        3) Michigan
                        4) UConn
                        5) Penn State
                        6) Florida
                        7) Indiana

Athletically:
                        1) UNC
                        2) Michigan
                        3) Penn State
                        4) UConn
                        5) Florida
                        6) UVA
                        7) Indiana

UConn is not average my friend.

Comment

After this weekend's results I think both clubs have some reflecting to do. CFC's performance in particular. The 00's gave up 14 goals and scored 0 to the 2nd and 4th best teams in MA.

FSA is not much better, having lost 2-0 yesterday to FCB.

I'm not sure these clubs are better than the top NPL teams as this point.

Comment

After this weekend's results I think both clubs have some reflecting to do. CFC's performance in particular. The 00's gave up 14 goals and scored 0 to the 2nd and 4th best teams in MA.

FSA is not much better, having lost 2-0 yesterday to FCB.

I'm not sure these clubs are better than the top NPL teams as this point.
                            Not looking to give CFC an excuse but were they missing their starting keeper or something? That seems like an unusually high number of goals against. They were an okay team last year. They must have been hit hard by the age change. -14 GD. Ouch.

How did FSA 00's do against the Stars? It had to be better than CFC.

Comment

Not looking to give CFC an excuse but were they missing their starting keeper or something? That seems like an unusually high number of goals against. They were an okay team last year. They must have been hit hard by the age change. -14 GD. Ouch.

How did FSA 00's do against the Stars? It had to be better than CFC.
                              Neither team is very good at this age. CFC was just "ok" to begin with an had a few injuries. Still managed to beat FSA last weekend though!

Interesting results at u15. Both teams respectable against Stars. FSA one goal loss and CFC drew. FSA lost by a goal to FCB and CFC beat them by 7. Scorpions must have rested the starters thinking they roll CFC.

Comment

Neither team is very good at this age. CFC was just "ok" to begin with an had a few injuries. Still managed to beat FSA last weekend though!

Interesting results at u15. Both teams respectable against Stars. FSA one goal loss and CFC drew. FSA lost by a goal to FCB and CFC beat them by 7. Scorpions must have rested the starters thinking they roll CFC.
                                The 00's are the age-group that the birth-year-change forgot for CFC. See post #239. As opposed to the 99s, only a handful of last year's u16s were 00's. It's CFCs weakest team by far.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X